It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, Obama issues over a million green cards!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

So what if lettuce goes up in price. It's a worthless food item anyways. I could care less if strawberries were $10 per carton. Americans spend so much money on other frivalous things like cell phones, flat screen tvs......they should be spending more money on better quality food. Farmers deserve to make as much as CEOs in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
So what if lettuce goes up in price.

I don't. Merely stating a fact.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
But were not talking about Illegal immigrants here. These people were given green cards and are will pay taxes just you or I.

You said Americans were too lazy and would rather take a welfare check than work the jobs people with green cards take. That's not true. What's happened is the true wages for those jobs have skewed, and they don't pay what they should.

If two people with green cards, or any two people for that matter, have a child within the US, they will get welfare for the US citizen child, and it becomes virtually impossible to deport them, even once the green card expires.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I have a BA and graduated with honors, and a vet and middle age. Because there are no decent paying jobs I've had to settle for some terrible jobs. Cleaning public restrooms, scrubbing dog vomit and crap from dog kennels, you name it, I've done it, excluding stooping down to make money in anything illegal like some people do.

In these jobs I've had to deal with the low-lifes of the work force. I've recieved death threats for making supervisor of the public restroom facilities from my co-workers because of jealousy. I was promoted to supervisor with in a matter of a month because I am a hard worker and dedicated, yes even to scrubbing the toilets where the fat rich asses of ALL colors sit their fanny on vacation. And I recieved no raise with the promotion. Taken advantage of for my hard work just like a SLAVE. Except in this day and age we get NO WHIPPING ON OUR BACKS THAT TEARS THE FLESH. Our whipping, my whipping, is of the SPIRIT AND OF THE HUNGRY BELLY AND LIVING IN CRAPPY HOMES WITH STRANGERS OR BOYFRIENDS. We don't get a chance to OWN OUR OWN HUMBLE HOMES or have anything nice in life. We get no vacations. We have no land of our own to plant a garden in because we can't afford to buy the land. So, after being promoted I'm paid the same measly eight bucks an hour because my employer took advantage of me, like most American employers do, the same ones who whine that they have to pay us eight bucks and hour and exclaim they can't afford to do so while they own 3 cars, a boat, a huge house and a summer cottage, go on vacations and send their kids to college and go shopping at all the expensive stores! Huh? So I continued living with my boyfriend, now my ex, who was living with his dad in his house because making 8 bucks an hour, full time, does NOT cut it when, just for example, milk is 4 bucks a gallon, and gas almost 3 bucks a gallon.

Don't whine to me about Americans not taking jobs that are beneath them, because we have and are, on top of competing with the illegals and foreign student workers our resort city loves to hire leaving more Americans out of work and dealing with the dredges of society, while we come back to our nasty little shacks to rest up for another day in the SLAVE TRADE.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Just wait for his amnesty program to get rammed through! You thought it was bad now, just wait. Soon we will be looking at 1 in 4 out of work, then 1 in 3 out of work. The entire government stopped working for the citizens decades ago. Bush could have put an end to it and didn't and Obama just continues the same failed policies. It is obvious that they are intentionally breaking this country. The real question is WHY? And further, by WHOSE orders!?

I agree, looks like the TPTB have Olackofballs on a string.

This is a conspiracy site, but it looks like the TRUTH is just about to happen.

I'm not advocating murder, but I just hope "somebody" can put an end to this Obama #head, and I did say #head.

He has to go.........

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So pray tell WTF jobs do you think we should do?

Ask Uncle Sam. The only segment of the "economy" consistently adding jobs, and with the highest benefits and union protection, is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. States and municipalities are not too far behind.

Soon, if the gov't isn't taking care of your health, education, employment, food safety, housing security and welfare, you will be in the minority.

Sort of ensures permanent servitude - you don't bite the hand that feeds, clothes, houses and cures you, right?

(All is going according to plan. Soon, the entire workforce will be beholden to BHO?Progressives/Libs/Dems for a major portion of their well-being.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Ask Uncle Sam. The only segment of the "economy" consistently adding jobs, and with the highest benefits and union protection, is the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. States and municipalities are not too far behind.

I have to say you are right and wrong on this statement. It is true the Federal gov't (Obama) is hiring a lot of people currently (jobs that don't create anything tangiable to recoop a profit return etc-this is not good as I am sure you all know).

However, the State and Local gov't-the majority anyway-are not hiring. They are laying off, if fact. Considering shorter work weeks, limiting travel, slashing budgets etc.

But regardless on if it is the Feds, State or Local. Them creating jobs is a drain on the tax reserves. More needs to be directed to private businesses to get them to hire people, then produce things to sell for a profit-therefore paying hirer taxes and filling the gov't coffers. The way it is going now, we will be broke by next year-if not sooner.

But, some good news for the Fed workers. They won't be laid off or let go-and we'll still be paying for them (us who are working).

Hows that Hope and Change working for you all?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have yet to see a McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, or Wendy's, period, that is not currently hiring.

If all of these unemployed Americans are unwilling to work at one of these places UNTIL something else opens up, then i have ZERO sympathy.

Yes, it sucks, and yes, its less money than you're used to.

Its still better than ZERO dollars and being unemployed.

So yah, bring on the green cards. McDonalds needs employees too, and Americans, for some reason, have come to think they're too good to work there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join