It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 1 in 5 Americans out of work, Obama issues over a million green cards!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Article:

The Department of Homeland Security has just reported that during 2009, they issued 1,130,818 new Green Cards to foreign nationals, allowing them to work legally in this country. That number represents the fourth highest number of cards issued in one year.

750,000 of the new Green Cards were given to the families of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents. The top four recipient nations are as follows: Mexico…164,920; China…receiving 64,238; Philippines…60,029 and India…57,304.

With U.S. unemployment now at depression levels, we simply can no longer tolerate not only illegal immigration, but any immigration which allows foreign nationals to take much-needed jobs from American citizens. Why are we paying the salaries of elected representatives who now seem to represent everyone, but us?

Source: www.examiner.com...

I know this issue has been debated about every year since I can remember but now-a-days, it takes on a whole new meaning. It is time for the US to take care of the US-first and foremost.

Notice no central or south American people were noted in the article. I think it is because it has just become common acceptance that those types of people will be grant ammensty so why bother with them now etc.

Its hard to sit by and watch all of this craziness just happen.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just wait for his amnesty program to get rammed through! You thought it was bad now, just wait. Soon we will be looking at 1 in 4 out of work, then 1 in 3 out of work. The entire government stopped working for the citizens decades ago. Bush could have put an end to it and didn't and Obama just continues the same failed policies. It is obvious that they are intentionally breaking this country. The real question is WHY? And further, by WHOSE orders!?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Article:

The Department of Homeland Security has just reported that during 2009, they issued 1,130,818 new Green Cards to foreign nationals, allowing them to work legally in this country. That number represents the fourth highest number of cards issued in one year.

750,000 of the new Green Cards were given to the families of U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents. The top four recipient nations are as follows: Mexico…164,920; China…receiving 64,238; Philippines…60,029 and India…57,304.

With U.S. unemployment now at depression levels, we simply can no longer tolerate not only illegal immigration, but any immigration which allows foreign nationals to take much-needed jobs from American citizens. Why are we paying the salaries of elected representatives who now seem to represent everyone, but us?

Source: www.examiner.com...

I know this issue has been debated about every year since I can remember but now-a-days, it takes on a whole new meaning. It is time for the US to take care of the US-first and foremost.

Notice no central or south American people were noted in the article. I think it is because it has just become common acceptance that those types of people will be grant ammensty so why bother with them now etc.

Its hard to sit by and watch all of this craziness just happen.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by anon72]

Man, he really needs to lay off the crackpipe, seriously. WTF????

Probably half of 'em are drug cartels, supplying his crack, so it makes sense.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Despite the fact that the examiner is no more then tabloid journalism, the Amnesty issue is certianly on Obama's mind. Maybe it is time for the jobless who won't take a job that they feel is beneath them to get cut off of the perverbial tax payer teet. The jobs are there, but they don't pay as well as Uncle Sam.

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Be glad you dont live in the UK where membership to the EU has flooded our country with the mongrels of Europe, the likes of the Romanians etc who`s only main skill seems to be begging. There is nothing to be done and they are currently building shanty towns in some of our oldest town. It makes me boil with rage our government has diluted our culture to a boiling pot of hate and unrest. .

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Despite the fact that the examiner is no more then tabloid journalism, the Amnesty issue is certianly on Obama's mind. Maybe it is time for the jobless who won't take a job that they feel is beneath them to get cut off of the perverbial tax payer teet. The jobs are there, but they don't pay as well as Uncle Sam.

-E-

And what job would that be??? Those jobs you speak of well, I certainly would do them, but there are already thousands of mexicans doing them. So pray tell WTF jobs do you think we should do? Do you really think that there is a job an American won't do? If you do, You're nucking futz for reals... the only ones suckling at the teet are a very small percentage of natural born citizens. The rest are naturalized or illegal citizens(using term loosely here) are the ones doing the jobs we can't get because they will work and go on welfare and suck the frikking life out of our country and economy!!!!!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If they are working legally, they must be paid a minimum wage.

The destruction of our economy (in part) comes from illegals working for like 2 bucks an hour to keep under the radar...now they are just like one of us, making a reasonable wage, paying taxes, etc.

Again, the issue is illegals, not legals...this is a move to stop the corruption of closet slave labor in the guise of illegal immigrant workforces.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

-E-

Um... where? I am not a fan of people who loaf around on unemployment and don't look for work, but the idea of suddenly taking a HUGE paycut just to get a job is not exactly workable in a society that has encouraged the dramatic growth of debt and loss of savings. Many people are using unemployment to supplement their savings just to pay the bills, not party on the town.

If someone has a mortgage that they can easily afford on the 100K per year salary that is typical for their profession and training, but suddenly, their industry take a hit and they can no longer find work, should they then take a 50K per year job, get their house foreclosed (because noone would buy it) and lose their car (oops, there goes the job that they can no longer get to)?

Here are the two short sighted things I keep hearing out there (and on this board):

1) Get a job, you bum! If you can't afford to pay your mortgage on 1/2 of what you were making when you bought it, it was too much mortgage for ya and it's your fault.

2) Go start your own business. Don't rely on anyone else. Nevermind the fact that it takes money you don't have to start a business.

Seriously, people. I have been working for 10 years to rid myself of bad financial habits and I am well on my way to being fairly financially sound, but if I lost my job tomorrow and had no opportunities to get a new one quickly, I would be in dire straites. We need to cure the disease and not just treat the symptoms. The disease is the culture of big money and no responsibility. This doesn't just rest on the shoulders of the wage earners. It rests on the shoulders of the corporations as well, especially in regards to the OP, wherin corporations are STILL bringing in foreign labor to do work because they know they can get away with paying them less.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Look, I live in south central Texas, so I know first hand about immigrant labor. And the jobs I am talking about are landscapers, ditch diggers, roofers, construction workers, hell laborers in general. I have a friend whose wife gets $1200/month on unemployment and drives an 09' Cadillac. Why on earth would she go get a job thet pays 1/3 of that which requires hard work? The answer is it would be stupid to do so. And it is because govt. is overpaying her, and she wont go back to work for less.

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
If they are working legally, they must be paid a minimum wage.

The destruction of our economy (in part) comes from illegals working for like 2 bucks an hour to keep under the radar...now they are just like one of us, making a reasonable wage, paying taxes, etc.

Again, the issue is illegals, not legals...this is a move to stop the corruption of closet slave labor in the guise of illegal immigrant workforces.

Dang don't you know the legals getting minimum wage still can get welfare, food stamps, and medicaid? I know this to be a fact I've worked with them, when my husband was laid off, I, an American citizen on minimum wage (who paid in since I had been sixteen)
could not get JACK, they drain us just as badly; you just don't know about it cause you never witnessed it, I have! The sad part is they'll stay at that minimum wage job forever meaning they really do not contribute anything to the social programs at all; they also claim their five children so never really end up paying taxes either. I seen it firsthand!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

When does, and in what maths book is 9.8% equal to "1 in 5"? Because, last I looked, that is the actual unemployment rate, Nationwide average.

Is this "source" some sort of 'hyperbole'-maker?

Oh, and to the OP title? Please show the President personally handing out, or "issuing", those "over a million" green cards. Photos would be nice.

(I know, I know....just repeating the title from the "source"...see above).

(Wonder how long that would take...say, one card per second.....tick, tock. Now, if he doesn't sleep at all....Ah, got it. Just over 277 hours to equal 1,000,000 seconds. Man, that's some gig!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, on edit....LOL!!!

The "Examiner"!

I am quite familiar with that worthless, biased piece of rubbish. It is available FOR FREE, mostly in newsboxes near the Metro Stations, or on various metropolitan corners.

Only reason I pick it up is because it's FREE --- and has good puzzles, Su-Do-Ku, Ken-Ken --- AND, get this! They print the New York Times crossword puzzles!!
Edited by Will Shortz. Yup, this dingy, right-wing-biased crazy nutbag 'paper' prints the NYT crossword!

Gotta love 'em!

A little more on the provenance of this tabloid, The Washington Examiner:

The Washington Examiner is a free daily newspaper with a conservative viewpoint published in Springfield, Virginia, and distributed around Washington, D.C. and its suburbs. It is owned by Denver businessman Philip Anschutz who is one of the world's richest men.

The newspaper was formerly distributed only in the suburbs of Washington, under the titles of Montgomery Journal, Prince George's Journal, and Northern Virginia Journal. Anschutz purchased their parent company, Journal Newspapers Inc., in October 2004. On February 1, 2005, the paper's name changed to the Washington Examiner, and it adopted a logo and format similar to that of another newspaper owned by Anschutz, the San Francisco Examiner. The Examiner's parent company, Clarity Media Group, also owns the conservative opinion magazine, The Weekly Standard.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't think you guys know how capitalism and the free market works:

If somebody will do the same job for less (IE, immigrant labor), then you HIRE THEM in order to "maximize profits," as they say.

If you refuse to clean toilets for minimum wage, then you will be replaced. That's why capitalism is such a good system at making tons of money for capital owners

Here's a similar thread, entitled Class Warfare.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Look, I live in south central Texas, so I know first hand about immigrant labor. And the jobs I am talking about are landscapers, ditch diggers, roofers, construction workers, hell laborers in general. I have a friend whose wife gets $1200/month on unemployment and drives an 09' Cadillac. Why on earth would she go get a job thet pays 1/3 of that which requires hard work? The answer is it would be stupid to do so. And it is because govt. is overpaying her, and she wont go back to work for less.

-E-

Well all we have here is agricultural, construction is at a standstill, that's what my hubby does, he is still in his job, but he's been there five years and has 20 plus yrs under his belt. And what I do see listed for that field wants experience....you can't dig ditches in florida...that I know of, as of yet??? I really don't think that job even exists anymore anywhere, for here it's agricultural, I would pick fields except there's nothing to do when all the mexicans pick the fields and they're turning even those away with the lousy weather we had depleting the crops to begin with.
The landscaping jobs listed want experience as well down here, what I've seen tried to apply anyway even used BS that I had experience...no cal back, so IDK what you're thinking. But it may be the state, our state is pretty pro citizen I am guessing, the only thing the mexicans can get away with doing is working the fields here. But the state is also very stringent on proper training/experience/permits for buildings and such. If you're caught hiring illegals in construction here, they tend to close up your shop.

oopsy put it in the wrong sec the first time.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh it's blame the legal immigrants now is it?

As a LEGAL immigrant I find this highly offensive. I grew up here, I don't have a criminal record, I pay taxes, and I'm a Constitutionalist. I was with everyone when the illegals were the problem, but now I'm the problem even though I walked through the front door?

Screw you people. I'm an American. My family and I have given back in service to country and productive work. I didn't come here to be a Cuban-American, I came here to be American.

Don't push people like me out folks. You'll need us when the # hits the fan.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It seems to me that you are more mad at Mexicans then anything else. As an above poster mentioned, that is the beauty of capitalism. If a LEGAL person will the the job just as good for less then why shouldn't he/she be able to work? Now if only Uncle Sam wasn't still breast feeding these people they might actually get out and join the work force. And don't tell me you would get on a roof for minimum wage and bust your @ss like I have seen many of these LEGAL hispanic (ya thats the PC term) men do. It is back breaking labor and they are happy to do it because their govt. doesn't give them a tax payer subsidised paycheck.

-E-

[edit on 13-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Oh it's blame the legal immigrants now is it?

As a LEGAL immigrant I find this highly offensive. I grew up here, I don't have a criminal record, I pay taxes, and I'm a Constitutionalist. I was with everyone when the illegals were the problem, but now I'm the problem even though I walked through the front door?

Screw you people. I'm an American. My family and I have given back in service to country and productive work. I didn't come here to be a Cuban-American, I came here to be American.

Don't push people like me out folks. You'll need us when the # hits the fan.

And you represent about .10th a percent of the ones who come here. I can tell you that...don't be offended I don't mind the real immigrants that do work hard and pay taxes and don't drain the system, but I can tell you I worked amongst a large percentage of immigrants(not cuban however)who did not pay a dime and did recieve welfare and did claim every deduction they could so nothing was paid in. There were about 90 percent of the people I worked with. Some also were born Americans of a different race as well, but I ain't opening that can of worms. That select group also happened to be the laziest b**** one could meet. But, that's a whole 'nother thing.
Sadly, it is true that most are draining the system, there are good ones, I'll give you that...my haitian friend is one of them, But I have met many and out of them all only know about ten people who didn't do this that were immigrants. Honestly, too bad there's no dependable statistics on this.

I've also noticed Cubans, India Indians, and the chinese that come here tend to start there own businesses, so they would not be included in those that take advantage. We know mostly who are the worse ones, I'm sure everybody here has worked alongside them and I don't need to distinguish.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The jobs are there, but they don't pay as well as Uncle Sam.

-E-

This is funny because I get absolutely nothing from Uncle Sam and still have been unemployed for a year.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Do you think that when the deportation buses start showing up that they'll distinguish between the 'good' and 'bad'? No! They'll just throw another spic on the bus and remove me from the only country on Earth that I love and would die protecting.

Xenophobia is DANGEROUS.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

The jobs are there, but they don't pay as well as Uncle Sam.

-E-

This is funny because I get absolutely nothing from Uncle Sam and still have been unemployed for a year.

Are you out there busting your @ss every day to change that situation? Did the govt. finally stop payng your?

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It seems to me that you are more mad at Mexicans then anything else. As an above poster mentioned, that is the beauty of capitalism. If a LEGAL person will the the job just as good for less then why shouldn't he/she be able to work? Now if only Uncle Sam wasn't still breast feeding these people they might actually get out and join the work force. And don't tell me you would get on a roof for minimum wage and bust your @ss like I have seen many of these LEGAL hispanic (ya thats the PC term) men do. It is back breaking labor and they are happy to do it because their govt. doesn't give them a tax payer subsidised paycheck.

-E-

[edit on 13-4-2010 by MysterE]

Again in Florida there's thing called you must have building permits, to get them you must hire people with experience here, I would and have done roof work I helped my Husband on many roof and construction jobs(In Pa and NJ). I do not have a degree or "formal" experience, I served in the Army and that was no walk in the park... the training, the hard labor... WTH makes you know a damn thing about me, I would swing a hammer, but in this state you have to have the right credentials, or they close your shop down a lot of contractors know this and they only hire accordingly, it's very difficult in this state to work if you're not licensed. I can't tell you how many times my Hubby's boss and him have gotten into trouble cause although he has 20 yrs experience his license is NJ not Florida...they've been told to leave many jobsite because of this; you obviously have no clue about florida law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join