It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google staff convicted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Google staff convicted after cashing in on video of bullied autistic boy

A MILAN judge has convicted three Google employees of violating the privacy of an autistic teenager because the internet giant sought profit when it hosted an online video of him being bullied.

www.news.com.au...
about time something like this happened

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Kudos to the judge. Now we need to get google convicted of the million more privacy violations they have made.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Kudos to the judge. Now we need to get google convicted of the million more privacy violations they have made.

Are you kidding me? What privacy violation? Someone uploaded this video to google's hosting site. Google just didn't screen it.

"But as we said when the verdict was announced, this conviction attacks the very principles of freedom on which the internet is built," Google said. "If these principles are swept aside, then the web as we know it will cease to exist, and many of the economic, social, political and technological benefits it brings could disappear. "These are important points of principle, which is why we and our employees will vigorously appeal this decision."

Well I hope google is successful in their appeal, otherwise this will set a dangerous precedent for future censorship laws.

Do I think it's right that a video of a bullied autistic boy was put up for viewers' entertainment? No, but it happens. It happens all the time, whether there are videos or not. And this is no reason to restrict our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

No kidding, they might as well sue "the entire internet."

I hope google wins the appeal, too.

top topics

join