It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Radical Awakening: From America Hater to Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Did you know that a courageous former radical helped to avert a planned left-wing terrorist attack at the 2008 Republican National Convention that might have killed who knows how many Americans?

This is an amazing story that has been kept quiet until now. Darby certainly saw the errors of his ways.

The Left-Wing Plot to Kill Republicans

After years of in-your-face protests, confrontational tactics and working with America-haters, Darby eventually experienced a political epiphany. He rejected the radical Left and its culture of political violence. He came to realize that America, for all its faults, wasn’t such a bad place after all.

“I felt I had a duty to atone after badmouthing my country for so many years,” Darby told me in an interview. “I love my country.”

But Darby didn’t always love his country.

Darby previously considered himself a revolutionary. His charisma and militant anti-Americanism made the intense Texan a larger-than-life figure among leftist activists in the South.

He openly called for the overthrow of the U.S. government, which he considered too corrupt and oppressive to be reformed. He expressed his hatred of police as guardians of the status quo. He consorted with eco-terrorist tree-spikers, radical feminists and black nationalists.

He was approached to rob an armored car and asked to commit arson to fight gentrification. He mouthed politically correct slogans and platitudes about the Bush administration. Government didn’t care about people, and in his eyes, the much-maligned response to Hurricane Katrina proved it.

But around the same time, the former radical community organizer was turning away from radicalism, and at tremendous personal risk, he undermined a leftwing terrorist plot to attack the 2008 Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn. If he hadn’t taken action, Americans exercising their free speech rights and police officers might have been killed.

Without informing his fellow anarchists, Darby offered his assistance to the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force and, at the FBI’s request, infiltrated a leftwing group known as the Austin Affinity Group. The outfit had joined with a larger coalition of progressive organizations that facetiously called itself the “RNC Welcoming Committee.” The committee hoped to lay siege to the GOP convention that nominated the presidential ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin.

fter Darby, who until the end of 2008 had been a confidential FBI informant, revealed that he had worked with authorities to pre-empt the violent conspiracy, he became the subject of a campaign of vilification by the Left.

Google Darby’s name and the words “snitch” and “rat” appear. Cyber-squatters appropriated his name and created a hateful Web site to defame him.

The floodgates of abuse burst open after Darby acknowledged in an open letter posted at an alternative news Web site that not only had he worked with the FBI, but he also “strongly” stood behind his decision to do so.

The irretrievably liberal New York Times ignored his heroism. A Jan. 5, 2009, article focused not on Darby’s lifesaving intervention but on the feelings of “betrayal” his former allies in left-wing anarchist circles were experiencing.

Gotta love those peace loving lefties like Obama friend Wade Rathke.

ACORN founder Wade Rathke (shown at left in above photo), who worked as a professional agitator for the violent Students for a Democratic Society in the 1960s, would have preferred that Republican delegates be incinerated.

He denounced Darby for working with the authorities to disrupt the domestic terrorists. “It seemed so, how should I say it, ’60s?”

It’s “one thing to disagree, but it’s a whole different thing to rat on folks,” Rathke wrote on his blog.

This response to ideological apostasy is not altogether surprising. Leftists who abandon their faith are demonized by their former co-religionists. Relentless attacks on Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore and former radical David Horowitz continue to the present day, decades after they moved rightward.

The article continues in greater detail.
biggovernment.com...-104670

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So I read between the lines here and I can see a rather frank admission of cointelpro (for lack of a better word) type tactics.

Am I to understand the man was approached to carry out armed robbery and arson and then through an act of his own conscience decided to roll over and tell the Feds about members in his group that were actually responding to his own extremist rhetoric?

Some might call him a hero. I would say a fed and a nark, not because I support the objectives of the people he stopped. But merely because it really does sound like an almost textbook entrapment turned informant.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Nice assumption. Narc yes. Fed doubtful. Lives saved definitely.

Cointelpro? You know that ended in 1971. The program no longer exists

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Nice assumption. Narc yes. Fed doubtful. Lives saved definitely.

How can you say he wasn't a fed/working for the feds when he's quite clearly stated he turned informant and then rolled over on the guys planning an attack on the RNC?

This is a similar thing to the extremist groups in America like the KKK it's fairly common knowledge they're all controlled.

Cointelpro? You know that ended in 1971. The program no longer exists

Which is why I said for lack of a better word. However I'm quite sure there must be some program to break up and control opposition to the government we've had CIA fronts like Bear Sterns down here in Australia messing around in our unions.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A lot of people roll over and turn informant either out of guilt, fear or pressure from the feds if they are caught first. It doesn't always make them an inside plant.

A conscience is a powerful thing!!

Keep your eyes peeled on the marches of April 15 and 19. There will be plenty of planned infiltration from the radical left in these demonstrations. Let's hope they stay peaceful.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What attack plans? There weren't any mentioned in specific, just more vagueries and insinuations. You know who did get hurt at the RNC? Hundreds of peaceful protestors and many innocents who got caught on the streets by out of control riot police. Lawsuits were recently settled in Minnealpolis I believe.
So is this the supposed justification for the police raids on houses just prior to the RNC?
Ask Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! how nice the police were at the RNC. Or is she just another lying liberal scumbag who got what she deserved?

top topics

join