It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleverbot knows about Nibiru??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just spent some quality time with Cleverbot over lunch and I had to post this, what do you guys think??

BTW... My personal view is that cleverbot just repeats what others have typed, but this is certainly interesting as I didn't bring the subject up or even hinted at it.

Cleverbot: What's your name?
User: Tim.
Cleverbot: Do you know my name?
User: Cleverbot.
Cleverbot: That's your name. So you don't know everything. Point proven.
User: My name is Tim. You are Cleverbot.
Cleverbot: Then how can I exist? Cleverbot doesn't.
User: Cleverbot exists. You are cleverbot.
Cleverbot: Then who are you?
User: I'm Tim.
Cleverbot: Why is your name Tim?
User: It is the name my mother gave me when I was born.
Cleverbot: So you're Nibiru not Cleverbot?
User: Nibiru? What is Nibiru?
Cleverbot: The death planet.
User: What do you know about Nibiru?
Cleverbot: This conversation is over.

Hmmmmm interesting...

Whats your take on this??

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The more people on this site talk to it, the more it says conspiratorial things, you'll probably find some lines from 4chan aswell.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
The more people on this site talk to it, the more it says conspiratorial things, you'll probably find some lines from 4chan aswell.

I agree, but surely there are millions of people that enter stuff in its database 24/7, although I bet most geeks like me like conspiracy stuff.

It seems a little weird to come out and say something like that, with no relation to draw upon.

I'm assuming the data warehouse it works on is a relational database, it draws data from surrounding topics to give the impression of conversation.

But how did it get to Nibiru from what was typed?

And then when probed for information, stating the conversation was over....

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well that is strange, but I was just on there and it accused me of being in love with it, which I think is far stranger!

[edit for spellnig]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Me and clever chats alot about NIBIRU! Its just trying to understand it more now and is mabey reaching out to its interactors to process its possible existance. Still interesting it brought it up without any lead into the topic.

Ohhh yea it called it the VAMPIRE PLANET UM JUST SAYEN!!

[edit on 4/13/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

I agree, but surely there are millions of people that enter stuff in its database 24/7, although I bet most geeks like me like conspiracy stuff.

It seems a little weird to come out and say something like that, with no relation to draw upon.

I'm assuming the data warehouse it works on is a relational database, it draws data from surrounding topics to give the impression of conversation.

Peace out,

Korg.

It has canned responses, it probably meant to call you a robot but due to all the people talking to it about nibiru it got confused, all that bot does is try to convince you that cleverbot is a human and you're a robot.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Peace out,

Korg.

I believe you are quite right about what you think about cleverbot.

A few years back on a programming project involving creating a chat bot application I was programming AI files (artificial intelligence files). So..... I was involved in creating the simple hard coded files that were drawn upon by the AI program to select responses based on the relation or relevance of the question or statement that was presented by the chatter.

Cleverbot is similar, where as I was 'hard coding' the responses the AI program would use to respond to user queries, cleverbot databases the statements and queries typed into it in a relational database that it uses for future reference. Thereby, 'simulating' learning.

Still, it's an exercise in 'garbage in = garbage out."

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Emptiness Dancing]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It has canned responses, it probably meant to call you a robot but due to all the people talking to it about nibiru it got confused, all that bot does is try to convince you that cleverbot is a human and you're a robot.

What i'm saying though is surely there are far more people not talking to it about nibiru then there are.

I wonder at the size of the database.. I wonder how many references there are with Nibiru as a relationship.

I'm just confused how it got to Nibiru from saying my name.

Then it seemed really odd when asked what it knows about Nibiru to close the conversation.

I agree with you, just I wonder if there is a sub routine in there somewhere preventing it from discussing the subject for an unknown reason.

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

What i'm saying though is surely there are far more people not talking to it about nibiru then there are.

I wonder at the size of the database.. I wonder how many references there are with Nibiru as a relationship.

I'm just confused how it got to Nibiru from saying my name.

Then it seemed really odd when asked what it knows about Nibiru to close the conversation.

I agree with you, just I wonder if there is a sub routine in there somewhere preventing it from discussing the subject for an unknown reason.

All the best,

Korg.

Well, there are a lot of threads on cleverbot in this forum, some over 10 pages long, I don't think it's out of reason to think that it picked up some influence from us, no?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Just a bit ago I asked it about the Annunaki?

It stated it didn't know who they were but then stated that they created humans.

LOL!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Emptiness Dancing]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

clicked on the link and tried it.... Actually I really think I was just speaking to another user online. We spent the whole conversation trying to convince each other they were cleverbot, I think I just got another user online not a AI computer program at all.. Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emptiness Dancing
Cleverbot is similar, where as I was 'hard coding' the responses the AI program would use to respond to user queries, cleverbot databases the statements and queries typed into it in a relational database that it uses for future reference. Thereby, 'simulating' learning.

Thats exactly what I think.

however well designed a system is, if the data is full of errors you will get out a pile of poop.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emptiness Dancing

Just a bit ago I asked it about the Annunaki?

It stated it didn't know who they were but then stated that they created humans.

LOL!

Hahahaha

Now I know why there is parental guidance warning...

I mean imagine where it could go with how a human is made lol

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just tested clever bot for an hour, - this machine is complete stupid. LOL

And he asks to much personal stuff, right tim?

It asked me:

Believe in God?
Believe in Magic?
My Name
My Hair Color
My Character
If I know 2012

For me this Cleverbot, Is a clever Info phishing machine that knows too much about you in 10 minutes (and the site owners).

Cleverbot is Dangerous!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia

clicked on the link and tried it.... Actually I really think I was just speaking to another user online. We spent the whole conversation trying to convince each other they were cleverbot, I think I just got another user online not a AI computer program at all.. Just my thoughts.

Another user seems to come into the chats when things get to sensitive like they wanna see what you know lol ask it about ANDRAMADU AND CHINAS LIVING DRAGON LOL.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Signals- when will planet "x" arrive?

Cleverbot- Right now.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I asked about earthquakes increasing around the word and it asked me if it could date my daughter's. so to me it's fake.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Emptiness Dancing

That's pretty much how we did it at Uni when we were doing an AI project.

It worked about as well too !

BTW, I don't think I've even heard of "GIGO" since my Uni days and I spent most of that drunk

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

True, it asked me my age, where I lived, whether I believed that we should explore space etc etc.

Lucky I suffer from NetParanioa really isn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I heard that there is no Cleverbot AI.
It is just random user exchanges being cycled.

Either key words connect to other statements already typed in or users are connected briefly then switched, which is why the conversations seem to not make sense at times.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join