It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military helicopter and concave spots in clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This morning at about 7 o'clock I was out on the rooftop of the building I work at looking at the sky. I always get a great view of the D.C./Silver Spring, MD area. I was just getting some fresh air when I noticed these strange concave sections in the blanket of clouds overhead. It seemed odd to me. The light coming through the clouds really made these spots stand out. Being the curious thinker I am, I just stared at the two spots wondering how they could be. They were both completely concave and somewhat of an elongated oval shape. One was about three times larger than the other and they were side by side. I was getting a perfect view being that I am twelve floors up. I had never seen shapes like these in the clouds before. I looked at them for a couple minutes then headed back in to review a spreadsheet I was working on. About five or ten minutes later I had this overwhelming urge to go back outside and get some more fresh air, probably because our penthouse is quite stuffy, so to speak, and I'm mighty congested right now. Anyways, I then noticed these shapes were a little closer and started really staring at them. They were just so odd looking. That's when I noticed a green military helicopter off in the distance to the left. I then shifted my vision to the helicopter. At first I didn't think any thing was really strange. That was until I noticed that it was making a b-line straight for the spots in the clouds I was seeing. No joke! The helicopter went directly under neath them, which made sizing them up somewhat possible. The largest "spot" was about 15 to 20 times larger than the helicopter, with the small one being about 10-15 times larger. Sorry, that's about the best I can describe the size. The helicopter, then being directly underneath them, did a complete circle around their perimeter. Then the creepy part. As I'm watching this, I have all these different thoughts flowing through my head. Are those ufo's? Some strange weather anomaly? Whatever it was it seemed to catch the attention of this helicopter, which I am certain was military. Then the helicopter turned directly towards me and came straight my way. I don't know why, but I felt nervous. I had to keep telling myself, "dude, why are you nervous? You're doing nothing wrong." It just came straight at me, and flew overhead of me. It was very low to my building at this point which I thought was odd. Being on army bases all my life, I know for sure this helicopter was military, but my knowledge of vehicle types is sub par, so I can't say exactly what kind it was. And unfortunately I have no pictures of this, as I don't usually have a camera on me at work and my phone was in the office. I do think it's strange ,though, that a military helicopter would take it's time to explore this just because it looked neat. The whole thing just seemed very strange to me. Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've had helicopters buzz where I live at as well (no weird clouds)- the last one was so low, I could see how many people were IN it. They nearly took the tops of the trees off. This I do not think was a military copter- but it was unmarked, so I cant be sure.

VERY odd, as this place is no where near any bases, or anything else.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Hmm, interesting but no idea. If you see it again, grab your phone and snaps some pics for all of us so we can see it too. I can tell you that I live in upstate NY and our AirForce base is closed down now here and as of late, only on cloudy days, we have been hearing loud engine noises in the sky that we can only relate coming from the closed air base. We haven't heard these large planes like cargo planes since the base has been closed. Only on cloudy nights when we can't see what is above us. We get strange things in the sky here also. My friend took his boys to a movie the other day, it was not and had not been raining, he came home in a rush looking for the camera. He said I've never seen a straight across the sky, double rainbow before. I gotta take a picture of this. By the time he headed back toward the location he saw it, it was gone. I firmly believe we are getting close, I never used to believe in aliens etc... but I think we are getting close to knowing finally that they exsist and the TPTB will not be able to hide it anymore. Will check back, hopefully you get a pix. would love to see it.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have unmarked black helicopters fly low over my neighborhood in K.C.K. all the time. It really sucks, because I sleep during the day and that's mostly when they do it. An there is never just one, it's usually a pair, but they also sometimes are accompanying one of these big ones with the rotors on both ends. What does all this mean?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My completely non scientific opinion of this:

It sounds like "hole punch" clouds I think they are called. There was one in Russia end of last year I think it was.

I did a bit of reading on them after that incident, and I think I remember that helicopters can cause them too.

As for why you got buzzed...if it was nothing, probably a coincidence, if it was aliens or a military operation, watch your back!
They got your picture now!

Also, when you said it was 10-15 times the size of the helicopter, did you mean 10-15 could fit inside them, or that was a relative size of the circumference? (that's for personal curiosity)

[edit on 4/13/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Yeah, it could have just been coincidence, but if it wasn't they totally have my picture, haha. When I said 10-15 in size I meant if you were to take the body of the helicopter itself and place it in the space. I try to be opened minded about all situations, but I don't know. I just had this eerie creepy feeling about the whole deal. The helicopter was kinda large, at least compared to any I ever see flying through the city. I'll go googling and try to find a picture of the one I saw and post it up so you can size it up better. Just wish I could've gotten pictures of the whole deal. Figured it couldn't hurt to post, though. Just in case someone else in the area might have seen it, or have seen something like it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ok. I went searching real quick and found an exact match for what I saw. LInk is below.

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently it was a VH-71 Kestrel. Like I said, it looked larger than other helicopters that I usually in the D.C. area. It looks like Obama was going to use one of these for "Marine One", but scrapped the idea due to costs, I think. So I don't know if it's strange or not that I saw one of these. In any case, that's the one I saw.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by FoJAk]

new topics

top topics

join