It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have guns at home ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"guns are baad"

i have no guns. blah. stupid guns. if i am ever attacked ill just run or bust out my mad phat ninja skills on them fools.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't have a gun, if I did I would probably be the only person in my neighbourhood with one.

No purpose where i live except for shooting, and I havn't shot anything since I was a kid and killed rabbits. Once they screamed I figured I would find something else to do with my time and havn't been shooting since.

Similar with fishing, I loved it but after seeing fish killed then thrown back I figured that its just not worth it any more, so I lost all interest.

Personally I would rather live in a society where guns are a rarity than in one where you need them for protection and are obesssed with them.

My biggest annoyance are dogs that shock you out of your reverie when walking with their barking, a gun would be handy to drill a hole in their forehead.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have a few.

- My Fav - Titanium Gold plated desert eagle .50 ae

- Sig Sauer 2540 .40 SW

- Beretta 96 .40 sw w/ integrated grip laser

- Remington 500 shotty w/ pistol grip - 12 ga

- Air Taser M18l w/ Laser

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Very cool story

www.theolympian.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
45 year old Daisy B.B. gun
Daisy .177 Pellet gun
Bolt action .22
(2) 30-30 Marlin Lever action rifles
.35 Scoped Marlin Lever action
.30-06 Scoped Springfield (sweeeet rifle)

WW2 Luger pistol.. forget the caliber (Grandfather took it off a jap)

Several .50 Cal black powder cannons.... errr rifles
Black powder pistol

12 Gauge Shotty with 2 barrels, smooth bore and slug

Want to get a .45 or a Glock soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
WW2 Luger pistol.. forget the caliber (Grandfather took it off a jap) Posted by Grunt Ignited

If your grandfather took this gun off of a Japanese serviceman, it may well not be a Luger. Some signs to look for is any Japanese writing on it, and check the action: does it pull straight out to the rear, or is it a knob set sort of on top that you actually pull up and back to cock it?

If it does look Japanes (IE, Japanese writing and pulls straight back) you DONT have a Luger, but a Japanese Nambu. (To be fair, they do look alike). If that is what you have, you have a VERY rare and valuable pistol, at least 2x what a Luger is worth (and original German WWII Lugers are pretty valuable!) If it is a Nambu, it is chambered in a bottlenecked 8mm round. The bad news is you will find it virtually impossible to find ammo for this gun... but if it is such a collectors item, you dont want to be shooting it anyway.

If it is in fact a German Luger, dont worry, it is still quite valuable! Calibers for Lugers were 9mm (same as the 9mm today) and another bottleneck round, 7.62mm luger (.30 luger). The latter round will be difficult to find, but it is still in production. Same as above though, dont shoot it if it is a collectors!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it is a Luger... but I'll check tomorrow about the markings. I do I have some ammunition for it, so I guess it's not the rare ammo. The best part about it is the hoslter! Absolutley mint condition. Even if it is valuable... family heirloom. I wouldn't sell it if it was worth a million bucks.
thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by grunt_ignited
I'm pretty sure it is a Luger...

If its a wwII officer luger, It must a 9 mm PARABELLUM.

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hell Yes.

LeFaucheux Musket
Browning HP 9mm
Lee Einfield .303
Lee Einfield .303 Jungle Version
Mauser K.98 Kar
Copy of Mauser, very strange.
.22 Rifle
Steyr M1895
Steyr M1895M

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anyway, I got a small collection and Japanese/chinese and oriental weapons.
But it's a small lie : When I was young (around 16-18 years) me and my best friends, who were really stupids bought an alarm gun.
The only way we used was really stupid : One day, one of my friend, who was playing with the security of the gun shoot in his leg !
Fortunatelly, it was an alarm gun, so he just have a small lesion.
Several years after, I was working as reporter, we was doing an inquire about life in French Guetthos and we'e been taking 2 times in gunfights between dealers.
It's not the only way I was confronted with guns !

You understand why I'm against guns.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

1) The only way we used was really stupid : One day, one of my friend, who was playing with the security of the gun shoot in his leg !

2) Several years after, I was working as reporter, we was doing an inquire about life in French Guetthos and we'e been taking 2 times in gunfights between dealers.

3) You understand why I'm against guns.

1)

2) Yep, life can be so funny sometimes. Full of rich experience.
Did they fire at you ? Anyway, I bet they'll not hit a elephant, even in a tunnel.

3) Not at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

whats up with the ATS board members and swords????

Dragonrider,

It not just a sword, it has a soul too ....
Or at least that's what the Japaneese say.

You should read a couple of books about swords, and Tai chi.

I lurk around a lot on THIS forum, you should check it out.

This is one of the swords that I own, it's a full tang fight (ninja) katana.

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here, my FORMER weapons list.

- M-16/A1 ( 5.56 mm ) FULL AUTO !

- Colt M1911/A1 ( 11.43 mm )
- FN-GP ( semi-auto 9mm )
- S&W .357 mag ( revolver )
- Carabine 22LR ( FN )
- Crossbow ( Barnet-Commando )
- And some good blades ( i.e: Ka-Bar knife, Jungle King I & II ... )

I was looking to buy a F.A.L 7.62 mm when I decided to sell all my weapons. 13 years without any guns at home, and I'm still alive.

But times are changing, so....

dragonrider, I'm surprised that your grand-pa' found a Luger 9mm on a Jap. Are you sure that it wasn't a Nambu ( 8mm ) ? The nambu was looking a little bit like the german luger, but had a 8 mm caliber and was really a dangerous weapon. Dangerous for the owner of course, not for the target.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
1=
= In United States are the freedom country, it's true, Freedom to get shot in a robbery, Hold-up, in the street while a gangs fights and and to have a gun and kill someone.

2=
= It's true that HOLLAND is a little bit like USA, a freedom country : Freedom to take drugs, Freedom to prostitute, Fortunately, you cant have guns (Not as easily as in USA) !

3=
= Guns are necessary sometimes, like when Pim PERTUIM extremist netherland leader was killed by an ecologist !

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My God. Is there someone who could tell me where he/she found that idea that I was living in the Netherlands ?

Also,I like the Netherlands and their peoples. Really a nice country with nice peoples !
( Not like France where gang street are rapping 7/8 years old little girls ( especialoly when they are whites !!! ), killing cops and innocent peoples
).

" Guns are necessary sometimes, like when Pim PERTUIM extremist netherland leader was killed by an ecologist ! "

Congratulation Nans.One more time, you did another stupid statement, full of your frenchie brainwash. It's not possible to be so fool,Nans. Tell us what's your secret, because we need it to understand you, really.

1) For you, it's cool to kill a man !
2) Its NOT Pertuim, but Fortuyn.
3) He wasn't an extremist. The extremist WAS the far-left ecologist.

I told you many time Nans, don't believe what you see in your french TV channel news. Too much biased !!!

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
U-P, I wish somebody could explain why she is so fixated on the U.S.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
he/she found that idea that I was living in the Netherlands ? I WAS SURE YOU WHERE FROM NETHERLAND? You are american or english ?! Ho, this explain why you are so pro-US !

Also,I like the Netherlands and their peoples. Really a nice country with nice peoples !

Heu... if one day you come in EUROPE (and dont tell me that you came in France because I'll tell you that I understand why my compatriots was so unpleasants with you !), you'll discover that LONDON or AMSTERDAM, for example are town where criminality and drugs trafic is highter than in Paris.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

1) he/she found that idea that I was living in the Netherlands ? I WAS SURE YOU WHERE FROM NETHERLAND? You are american or english ?! Ho, this explain why you are so pro-US !

2) Heu... if one day you come in EUROPE (and dont tell me that you came in France because I'll tell you that I understand why my compatriots was so unpleasants with you !),

3) you'll discover that LONDON or AMSTERDAM, for example are town where criminality and drugs trafic is highter than in Paris.

1) You are really amazing ! Finally, I find you funny.

2) Don't worry, I lived and worked in Paris. So, I know what kind of peoples wecan find there !

3) HA HA HA HA HA.....I was right, you are so funny.

For Thomas :

Look TC, we know all why he/she is so fixated on the USA. SHE/HE'S FRENCHIE !
That's a good reason I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I dont own a gun. But I have a cousin who is a female police officer and every time she comes over to visit she carries it in her purse, and to tell you the truth it makes me nervous as hell. I dont know why but I get nervous when she has it around. One time she pulled it out to show it to me and she even emptied the gun of all the bullets and I still was nervous holding it. I guess im not much the gun carrying type.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have you ever had gun saftey classes? If not, that's probably why. Maybe you should take one.(never know, you might end up having to use a gun some day)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join