It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have guns at home ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I just want to know. Do you have guns at home, and if yes, what kind of guns ?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yes.

- Savage 110 .308 bolt-action, Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40 scope.
- Remington 597 .22 semi-auto
- custom-made Stalker Bobcat .22 Hunting air-rifle (with 1.5x6x44 Nikko Stirling scope)
- an old Lee Enfield .303 SMLE
(bit of a family hand-me-down/heirloom, yet still in sweet condition for its vintage)
- good ol' Mossberg500 pump-action shotty

...may or may not have a Chinese Type68 'SKS'...though that would of course be illegal/highly restricted in this country...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i have aproximately 150 guns of all shapes and sizes. my favorite is my desert eagle .50cal. it's a little big for use in anything other than target shooting. my concealed carry gun is a glock .40cal. i have about 100 hand guns and 25 rifles and 25 shotguns. most have been used once and filed away after i buy a new one.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
One's a 20 guage shotgun (good for shooting through doors) and the other is a simple, but effective 9mm semi-auto pistol. Haven't shot either of them in quite a while, but they are well-maintained. Went to the range more when I was single...but I'm still a good shot...especially when it comes to aiming quick. I've got about a dozen various swords throughout the house though, and they're all pretty sharp and can be easily pulled from their mounts. I just hope I never have to fire a gun at a human being. I have no doubt that I could, especially with my loved ones in danger, but I hope it never comes to that. If it does though, I'm aiming to kill. Nowadays, the bastard would likely sue me if he lived...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight
See the benifits of living in America Alien? My brother and i can shoot his sks whenever we feel like it. The only gun other than that in my house is a double barreled 12 guage and a chechnian mauser.

The benefits?? Yes...I can see your point...though I utilise the SKS for hunting purposes and not for target practise or for just banging off rounds.

Add to that the complete absence of School Yard shootings, the extreme rarity of Work Place shootings and the maybe 1 or 2 drive-bys over the entire country in a whole year...and maybe I'm not too concerned.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I voted yes. I grew up with guns around the house. I have an old winchester .22 caliber rifle, made in 1890 (it's a relic and still works like brand new) when I was 12 years old. My dad taught me well about respecting them and for safety. I plan on letting my kids have them and educating about them someday.

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Many ATS users are armed to the teeth.

USA, The Land Of The Guns !

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I only have a "Diana G23" .177 air rifle with telescopic scope, a family heirloom also (except for the scope).
Also have a CO2 powered revolver (Gamo"R-77 Laser")

Also i got my trusty basebal bat (Boris) just in case...

Am looking into getting a handgun as soon as i have the cash. Prolly be a Walther P99 with red dot laser site. It's not exactly an arsenal but it's enough for now.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No, but I do have 4 razor sharp Samuri katana's...does that count too??

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Never underestimate the power of a good metal baseball bat. I keep one under the front seat in case of emergencies...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
.3006--savage-bolt action-synthetic stock
30-30--Remmington-leaver action
4-10--(I forget, it's really old though)
.22--Remmington-leaver action

Yeah, land of the guns, I'd like to see another country take over America.
(those are just my guns, The rest of my family has the same amount or more)

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
no guns in this house as yet

I just keep mobile phone next to me at all times, have a well stocked tool box near the door and a nice collection of kitchen chemicals.

Last time I had any fear in my own house was about 6 years ago and then I was stood behind front door with a can of oven cleaner at the ready

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm a bad assed mofo and fear few - maybe Roy Jones Jr. or Lennox Lewis......lol

I was born & bred in LA's inner-city = gang terrority (Crips, Bloods, 18th Street). I've lost many friends to gang violence / murders and my own brother was slain in our driveway. I've had 18th Street roll up on me, to waste my relaxed & loving self.

For a white man, I was respected & even feared by some because of my physical strenth and maniac mindset. As a weightlifter for 30 years and boxing fanatic, I managed to hold my own (fractured my dads ribs at 9 years old while boxing with him, a former Golden Gloves boxer).

I used to own a Colt 380 pocket automatic - nickel plated with mother of pearl handles.

Hi Standard 22 target automatic - nice piece.

Biotolo Brazilian 12 gauge shotgun.

Winchester 22 semi-auto rifle with scope.

The guys in my neighbourhood had much stronger firepower, but I was crazy, so they left me alone.....lol

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
first , deepwaters ... sorry for the lost of your brothers' life , I too grew up in a gang territory neighborhood . Lots of drive shootings , stabbings ... but I was one of lucky ones to avoid those situations ... maybe cause my older brother and cousins are also crazy like you described.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still live with my parents , but in a nicer nieghborhood ... sort of , so I can't have guns. But I have a friend who holds three guns for me ( guns I brought , but can't have in house ) .

1) a basic Tech - nine

2) .357 magnum

3) (whats' basically become a gangster weapon nowadays , around my parts ) 9mm barretta

.... but if someone were to break in my house now ... I'll go Micheal Myers on them with the good old kitchens' knife or screw driver , what ever there ....

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by PeLeTi]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm with Zion and Ace:

No guns, don't want any guns.

I do, however, have a cell phone AND a wooden katana. What most folks who haven't studied martial arts don't realize is that you can take down an intruder faster with a wooden sword or a baseball bat... you can get close and whack the dickens out of them before they can aim.

Besides, if I whack the dickens out of the wrong person's knee, they're alive and I can apologize. And unless I get invaded by a bunch of kung fu experts, the wooden swords aren't something they can easily turn into weapons to use against me.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I dont bring any type of negative influence into my house.

If two people have an argument in my house, I kick both of them out because I DO NOT allow negative influence into my house, same with the guns.

[Edited on 3-6-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
At a distance of just 10 feet (and I have longer hallways), a burglar would squeeze off a shot before I even got close with a sword, and I'm a pretty decent swordsman myself...

That said though, I usually have the same routine when I think a prowler may be about (and as mentioned before, it's more common than I'd prefer)...

I usually tuck the pistol in my robe pocket (I can easily put my hand in the pocket and squeeze off a shot without him even knowing what hit him...and the safety is such that it guards against misfires, though the chamber is usually empty as a precaution...) In my hands is usually my favorite sword (let's face it, the psyche out factor of a nice sword is pretty good, and I know how to use it well). The reason? Just as Byrd mentioned...the wrong person is more likely to survive a slash to the legs or arms...

So then why the gun? For distance threats, or for a situation where the attacker has a gun, orders me to put down my sword...he thinks I'm disarmed, then I blast him when I reach my hand into my robe pocket...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have to ask, whats up with the ATS board members and swords???? Don't get me wrong, if you are skilled and proficient enough to put that much faith in thier use in place of a firearm, that is certainly to be respected... and certainly, edged weapons can cause fearsome injuries.... however, against multiple opponents, esp if they are armed with firearms, or at any significant distance, you are at a serious disadvantage.

Also, swords are not the most concealable weapon available. In many areas, including my own, owning or carrying an edged weapon with a blade longer than 4", or a double edged blade is a felony, while carrying a concealed handgun without a permit is only a Class A misdemeanor.

In my area, we have had a spate of armed home invasions, with at least half a dozen deaths attributed to them. This has spurred very vigorous business with the local gun dealers. As far as home invaders at my house, they will be introduced to either John Moses Brownings creation, or a Remington 870 with #4 buckshot, alternating with 1 oz slugs.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, of course I own firearms, U-P. All Americans are obligated to own firearms, according to their forefathers, and being a good Amersican, I do so. The usual set of weapons, sidearm, rifle and shotgun scene, along with a squirrel rifle in case the market closes down and we get hungry.

Byrd, as those who are trained in both firearms as well as martial arts know, while their may not be room to use a bat, there'll always be room to point and pull with a sidearm. The proper tool for the job.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Nope don't have a gun...yet. I plan on buying one. Like Zion I have a couple swords. I like to collect swords and have some in my bedroom and my strage rooms. I really don't know what type of gun to buy. I would prefer something on the lines of a 9mm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join