It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese submarines, destroyers spotted in high seas near Okinawa Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Chinese submarines, destroyers spotted in high seas near Okinawa Japan

beforeitsn ews.com

Two Chinese submarines and eight destroyers were spotted by the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force on Saturday in the high seas between the main island of Okinawa and Miyako Island in the southernmost prefecture, Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa said Tuesday.

The defense chief said the Chinese submarines and destroyers were navigating southeastward, adding that Tokyo has never before confirmed such a large number of Chinese vessels near Japan.

"We will investigate whether (China) has any intention against our nation" by dispatching the vessels, Kitazawa said.

The Joint Staff Offi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Interesting development here. Perhaps it is just China flexing its muscles against its neighbors and in all probablity thats what it is but none the less... thats a lot of ships. seeing that they are near Okinawa too... US marines and everything, i dont know... not real sure what China is pulling here but its threatening and therefore of interest..

beforeitsn ews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Perhaps they're trying to bring pressure to bare on the US to give them more negotiating power in regards to Iran.

This seems like Old fashioned gunboat diplomacy here. Honestly this scenario reminds me of the Cuban missile crisis a little bit. Perhaps the Chinese are trying to test Obama and the new Japanese Administration.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
China always want's to move on Taiwan....

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
google maps location

Rough estimate of where they were based on the information.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
lol china is never going to do anything, they tried in the past and failed miserably. they tried invading vietnam and got their azz handed to them by local police and militias while vietnam had their forces in cambodia dealing with the khmer rouge.

id they can't take a little country like vietnam in its weaken state what make you think they can do any damage to anybody?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
lol china is never going to do anything, they tried in the past and failed miserably. they tried invading vietnam and got their azz handed to them by local police and militias while vietnam had their forces in cambodia dealing with the khmer rouge.

So did the French and the American's and Australian's as I recall.

The question remains though. What were they doing there and where were they going? It seems very close to Taiwan.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

So did the French and the American's and Australian's as I recall.

The question remains though. What were they doing there and where were they going? It seems very close to Taiwan.

my guess is they're just show boating and/or just testing the new japanese electives. they also just executed 4 japanese nationals so i'm leaning towards them testing the japanese which is foolish because we have forces based in japan. any aggressive actions taken by china will be answered by US immediately regardless of our debts to them which would be meaningless after a war with us. china might bark a lot but they're not fools, the last thing they want is bad relations with US.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

my guess is they're just show boating and/or just testing the new japanese electives. they also just executed 4 japanese nationals so i'm leaning towards them testing the japanese

Well it would have to be something along these lines. The only place I know of where the Chinese have deployed their navy outside their own territory is near Somalia.

I wonder if they have to sail out and hit blue water and then go the long way around? Perhaps they can't risk sailing past Taiwan and India?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Don't be surprised to see at least two Chinese Naval Bases in Africa soon. One on each coast. Their presence on that continent has been expanding exponentially in the last 5 years ! They are spending lots of our dollars there buying as much raw material as they can with promises of arms and military help to several of the worst rulers there!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And you call yourselves conspiracy theorists.

My conspiratorial take on this is that the US called in a favor from China. They had China get their Navy together to spook Japan a little. If you have noticed, Japan has been pushing to remove the US presence from their territories. This move obviously spooked Japan and now they will probably be a lot more open to keeping the US around. The fact that the US has managed to convince China to sanction Iran shows me that the US and China are willing to work together on some issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

My conspiratorial take on this is that the US called in a favor from China.

So a bit of quid pro quo then? But the US gets it's sanctions against Iran and it's base in Japan. What does China get out of it? Room to move on the Yuan?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

My conspiratorial take on this is that the US called in a favor from China. They had China get their Navy together to spook Japan a little. If you have noticed, Japan has been pushing to remove the US presence from their territories. This move obviously spooked Japan and now they will probably be a lot more open to keeping the US around. The fact that the US has managed to convince China to sanction Iran shows me that the US and China are willing to work together on some issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of them.

Good one! Or maybe Japan instigated China to do this trying to spark something between US and China. Then, while the US is busy with China, Japan can head back to Pearl Harbor and try to finish the job they started in WWII.

See, I got my conspiratorial "tin hat" on today.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Africa is where i see the beginnings of chinese military might as well. China has a huge prescense as it is right now in africa, but the military has yet to establish itself there, but they will... soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Japan can head back to Pearl Harbor and try to finish the job they started in WWII.

See, I got my conspiratorial "tin hat" on today.

WHICH was really a false flag attack in the FIRST place! Then, a sudden destructive earthquake hits Japan which totally did not come from the US!

I got my hat too!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
if you can see a submarine - its beeing used wholety inapropriatemy

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This was posted already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join