It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems like 90% of those who say science is a lie are uneducated in field or just dumb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You are one of the blessed religious people. I know very few who can find happiness in both. My astronomy teacher is extremely religious but extreme science too. I can respect anyone who can respect both or at least not bash the other.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I live with an autistic kid. I would never consider any autistic person or savant to be dumb for not agreeing. I'm not sure if you know or not but most people with autism don't know theory of mind. They lack abilities for beliefs, desire, intents and so on. I would never hold it against someone with a disorder like so for not agreeing or doing anything at all.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by seangkt]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's funny how we create THROUGH science huh? Science is just how we create. It's not real until we make it real. I mean seriously, isn't math just a comparison of one thing to another? How real is that? If you look at atoms, are they really atoms or are we just creating them as we look at them? Science is what we make of it. Simplify your search.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seangkt
reply to post by truthquest

I actually explained nuclear fusion and was still told it was bull by someone who could barely spell or form a sentence. It's ridiculous. I didn't have time to explain the Hawking Radiation and I had already come in too late.
I don't just automatically flip out when someone is claiming something is false but once I try to explain and realize after their third response that they haven't said anything other than, "don't believe it" without even a half decent or horrible explanation I start to lose patience.

It's not only this website either. In some areas they are taking science out of school curriculum because to many people fail the classes. They say minorities fail the classes and science is a "white thing". It has literally gotten that bad.

Are you talking about the conversation you had regarding neutrinos? It looked like that conversation was very civilized to me and the person you were talking to valued your input.

Even if that isn't what you are talking about the point is that while the person you converse with may be close-minded to actual evidence the majority of ATS users absolutely do pay attention to it, and when there is a debate on something we can recognize sound reasoning. I think you just need to call them out on their lack of focus on the evidence and pretty much leave it at that rather than getting into a slug-fest focusing on someone's lack of education or stupidity even if they are uneducated or stupid.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Would I be classed as Dumb or uneducated if I was to believe that science was a "Demarcation Problem" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join