It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems like 90% of those who say science is a lie are uneducated in field or just dumb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seangkt
reply to post by polarwarrior

When given access to big toys and funded research of course you are working for someone and researching what they ask you to. I know and understand the processes but refuse to believe that is how it is everywhere or all the time. What is the point in living in a world where you believe everything is manipulated and nothing can be trusted?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by seangkt]

Your right, the manipulation is not everywhere, it is only in the key areas it needs to be to affect the whole.

The point of coming to terms with how broad the manipulation is, is to realize how important it is that we stop these darn manipulators in their tracks! The loose ends around 9/11 for example seem to be easier for most to understand so are a great start, but the areas that have little to no loose ends like science have had so much effort spent on them because what they would have revealed is absolutly mind blowing, completely counterproductive to creating a manipulated sheeple. The point of living in this world would be to look forward to what our science will say when it is free to explore! What is to be uncovered was worth the covering up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed self educated idiots who just pick and choose which laws of physics that fit their need while ignoring the rest of established science.

I truly enjoy conversations with people who use a natural occurring phenomena as a political cause or a reason to change laws. These particular people are dangerous as they usually have blinders on or have a monetary reason to be involved.

Let's not forget the younger crowd that thinks research involves Wikipedia and internet website sources. It's an embarrassment that some college professionals allow this for a real educational experience. (my youngest is a sophomore at a local university - she drives me nuts with some of her stories - but more importantly is the cost for some of this crap)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Hey, FYI... I heard on the news today.
A couple of Aussie guys ( Go my country) developed a new way to enrich uranium using lasers.
Problem is TPDB don't like it because it uses way less energy and can be done with 75% less equipment. Whys that bad you ask?
Their reasoning is that if the bad guys (terrorists) steal the idea then they will not be able to track their whereabouts...
Talk about BS and money holding up rvolution!!!
BTW that was on ABC news, not some whack job media and yes, I could link the source if you ask. Sciencs at it's best/boughtout...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed self educated idiots who just pick and choose which laws of physics that fit their need while ignoring the rest of established science. Or even better, laws that haven't been invented, proven, and all of established science ignore because only the inventor understands the process.

I truly enjoy conversations with people who use a natural occurring phenomena as a political cause or a reason to change laws. These particular people are dangerous as they usually have blinders on or have a monetary reason to be involved.

Let's not forget the younger crowd that thinks research involves Wikipedia and internet website sources. It's an embarrassment that some college professionals allow this for a real educational experience. (my youngest is a sophomore at a local university - she drives me nuts with some of her stories - but more importantly is the cost for some of this crap)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Are you serious? I'm sorry but if terrorists can jack a plane and fly it into a building they can get a hold of something that can be used for their own schemes. I don't care to believe in any sort of 9/11 conspiracy because there is no point so please don't go there. It may not effect you in any way but what if someone were to get a hold of it and use it to harm others in that area? I'm not a sissy in any way but seriously they make these laws for reasons other than money scenarios.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Funny the station funded by our government would allow such a story lol, nah but thats so typical to bring out the boogie man to scare us back into feeding money to coal and gas industries.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Science is free to explore now. There are plenty of engineers who have no degree but are smarter and more innovative than some with PhDs. I watched a video of a retired older guy with some background in physics but no engineering degree talk about a machine he invented that can turn a cup of ocean water into a violent flame. He accidentally invented this machine while trying to invent one for cancer but the point is, he is building freely in his garage. Or the handful of amateurs who have built nuclear fusion reactors because it's a hobby. Science is free to explore if you make it. Galileo wanted to study stars so he builds himself a telescope. Newton wants to study motion so he drops a ball. Of course science is much more advanced today and sometimes equipment demanding but nothing stopped those wanted to study what they desired.

link   
reply to post by seangkt

Am I serious?? Are you kidding. If you believe a few cave dwellers with box cutters took out 3 skyscrapers then imagine what they could do with a few hacksaw blades??? Why would they need uranium enrichment?

Why would you even start that BS conversation? I thought you were smart, if not a little deranged.

Anyways back to my point.. A great advancement is being held up because of BS, agreed??

link   
Real "Science" is a good thing. It should be in line with common sense, objectivity and fluid intelligence, it should consider possibilities and not rationalize absolutes. Basic "Science", Tesla style, is critical to the modern world, but science is composed of scientists who are just people. Some of the so-called smartest people believe some of the dumbest things. Theory is an educated guess and is not a fact. Fact = Truth and absolutes don't exist here. There is a system in place and it operates within limits, not an absolute. I can't even count the # of so called scientific truths that have been enunciated by the educated and where common sense wrong to begin with. The problem isn't with science, it's with people and their egos and maniacal self interests. If you where a real scientist you wouldn't have made this topic. You would have understood the above and recognized the faults of so-called-scientists. But for some reason "scientists" want control and praise and have their own agenda of social acceptance and social manipulation. Education is a tool and a brainwashing at the same time. If you want real science for example, look into Stanly Meyers and his low amperage HHO from water. There's was a real scientist and an uneducated one.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I agree with you on the gas,coal and oil issue. We hear so many stories about free/cheap energy then they suddenly dissapear. Thats our scientists being bought.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have had electronic mind control rubbish monitoring me for 18 years. They are always trying to second guess what i want, ever are they right.

So who made this rubbish tech, and why do these people think they are smart, my life has proven minority report techs are useless as the people using them are useless.

Scientists and me and alot of you guys, just have one difference, my life was destroyed at school before i could blossom into my life. There life was not, so what difference is between them and me, and you, hardly anything.

Alot of scientists cannot critically think, and they are just so blinded by there education, that they do not think we are spiritual beings, lol.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

No I come to this site because it is one of the only places I can talk science. When I do I get almost as much good response as I do bad. Theories aren't just educated guesses. They are created and only deemed a theory after meeting certain criteria. They are mathematically calculated models that do their best to help us understand.

To say that a real scientist wouldn't have wrote what I did is nonsense. All people are different and what makes a real scientist is the questions they have, the studying, the experimenting and the answers they find. What one has to say about naysayers is not what makes them a "Real scientist"

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Yeah I saw that it was cool. It is possible but its so slow you see, they just dont have the money for the equipment. Not to mention they were misdirected in schools due to the education departments becoming corrupt, so they have much to unlearn and so much to figure out themselves. But imagine if those sorts of inventions were supported and conducted in uni's with our tax dollars. Imagine facilities like the size of cern hardron collider exploring how to make free energy! It seems like a dream now but it is all possible upon us getting these ratbag PTB. True science has been relgated to the back shed, the true discovers getting no prestige, its not the way things should be. Imagine if all the great minds in science were all working together on these seemingly crazy inventions with all the great university facilities and coming from a fantastic school eductation, the mind boggles at where we would be, manipulation free.

p.s I enjoy the fact you havnt made another trolling thread here and are open mined (like a true scientist) to what could be happening, rather than just defending a belief like a fundamentalist

[edit on 13-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Uranium can be converted into fissionable plutonium by the way. I'm all for keeping Nuclear Fuel out of the hands of terrorists.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

Maybe you shouldn't start a post saying 90% are uneducated or dumb.
Just because others chose not to be scientists. I for one was told I'd make a great mathematician or scientist but chose otherwise. Does that make me dumb?
I think you should vent your anger on TPTB for giving scientists a bad name by forcing them to report to their demands or sacrifice funding.
Us dumb people are all for scientific advancements that help all mankind.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by seangkt

Hey, FYI... I heard on the news today.
A couple of Aussie guys ( Go my country) developed a new way to enrich uranium using lasers.
Problem is TPDB don't like it because it uses way less energy and can be done with 75% less equipment. Whys that bad you ask?
Their reasoning is that if the bad guys (terrorists) steal the idea then they will not be able to track their whereabouts...
Talk about BS and money holding up rvolution!!!
BTW that was on ABC news, not some whack job media and yes, I could link the source if you ask. Sciencs at it's best/boughtout...

Yeah, let's allow rouge nations and others to be able to enrich uranium much faster with less equipment, you really see nothing wrong with this?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I do somewhat agree with you that the schools have a corrupt method of teaching but I started studying before school and I learn most of what I do outside of school. I do have a cousin who is an engineer at Nasa and emails with my physics teacher, that I talk with regularly and I have new questions every day. Both help and are very influential but school is only for the degree and also financial aid because there are no jobs anywhere near here.

Limited access to materials and facilities is a big problem. If we could get all the brilliant minds together in a hadron collider sized room with tools we would indeed be in for some real treats. I wouldn't mind just taking over that building and making it something else. I personally am not for the big bang theory. Galaxy clusters moving opposite the direction of the rest of the expanding universe completely killed it for me. I like the idea the universe is a giant black hole a bit better.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Did you just randomly make up a statistic and then in the same sentence call people dumb and uneducated? And then later on...you make up more statistics.

The irony is too much.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Seriously? 90% was a number I threw out there for fun. Not a serious percentage at all. Just a number that got the point across easier.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
LOL well lets see what some of the most brilliant man alive said

* We are probably nearing the limit of all we can know about astronomy.
o Simon Newcomb, Canadian-born American astronomer, 1888.

* There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now; All that remains is more and more precise measurement.
o Lord Kelvin, allegedly speaking to the w:British Association for the Advancement of Science in 1900. The veracity of this attribution is disputed, and no contemporaneous documentation of the statement is known.

* If excessive smoking actually plays a role in the production of lung cancer, it seems to be a minor one.
o W.C. Heuper, National Cancer Institute, 1954.

* We can close the books on infectious diseases.
o Surgeon General of the United States William H. Stewart, 1969; speaking to the U.S. Congress – cited in The Killers Within: The Deadly Rise Of Drug-Resistant Bacteria by Mark J. Plotkin and Michael Shnayerson, 2003, ISBN 0316735663.

* I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that won't last out the year.
o The editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957.

* But what... is it good for?
o IBM executive Robert Lloyd, speaking in 1968 about the microprocessor, the brain of today’s computers. [not a prediction]

* There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
o Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), in at talk given to a 1977 World Future Society meeting in Boston. This is widely quoted but Olsen claims it is taken out of context, that he was not referring to personal computers but to a household computer that would control the home.
Reference: "Ken Olsen", Snopes, includes bibliography.

* Very interesting, Whittle, my boy, but it will never work.
o Cambridge Aeronautics Professor, when shown Frank Whittle's plan for the jet engine.

* The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.
o IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.

* In all likelihood world inflation is over.
o International Monetary Fund CEO, 1959.

* The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C', the idea must be feasible.
o A Yale University management professor in response to a college assignment by Fred Smith proposing a reliable overnight delivery service, in 1966. Smith would later go on to found Federal Express Corp.

* So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'
o Steve Jobs, founder of Apple Computer Inc., on his and Steve Wozniak's early attempts to distribute their personal computer.

WELL the lesson here is that don't limit yourself to the older generation, They are just STUCK on there ego of there knowledge!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Moonguy]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join