It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need to upload a file larger than 50mb to the media portal... *GOT IT*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
//I just figured a way around it, I had to cut on the quality a bit, but I got it under 50mbs (and it was at 90mb so I'm happy with the results)//

I just went through hell putting this video together for ATS, my computer actually crashed and I had to re-do the video over again but I FINALLY finished it, and yes my editing skills are crap but the video is nonetheless something I've been working on and it's an experiment to show everybody what is in our tap water, which I know a lot of people will enjoy. But the problem is, I'm having an issue with the file size. The video is only 9mins 12secs, but I can't seem to get it under 50mb's.

I could really skimp on the quality and size I think and make it fit, but then what would be the point? The quality is already pretty crappy due to me having to use my camera and not a camcorder to make the video, but it did the job.

Does anyone know how I can get this uploaded to the media portal? Is there any special conditions that can allow me to host it here since it's literally for ATS? I don't even care if it's only there for a certain amount of time, just as long as people can view it when I make the thread that goes along with it.

Help?

[edit on 13/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Same boat I was in for the video contest last year. That and finding a Mac friendly converter. The end result for me was terrible audio in the final output. I would go back and strip the audio and redo it but my video was not overly well received to begin with, so I let it stand as is.

Glad to see you found a satisfactory solution.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Yeah it ended up being easier to just put it in a different format - one I didn't wish to put it in though - and it came out a lot smaller of a size with still decent quality.

Anyone having the same problem, I recommend just trying different formats/sizes until you find what you need, try not to give in to letting the quality go, that's the best I have to offer at the moment as advice... it's more like common sense though...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
dont ever skip on quality.

Just cut it in half. split the video, and label part one and part 2

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Exactly.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join