It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong video of health protest spurs N-word feud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Three Democratic congressmen — all black — say they heard racial slurs as they walked through thousands of angry protesters outside the U.S. Capitol. A white lawmaker says he heard the epithets too. Conservative activists say the lawmakers are lying.

What does the video show? Not much. Indeed, new interviews show that a much-viewed YouTube recording cited as evidence by conservatives was actually shot well after the time in question.

It was March 20, near the end of the bitter health care debate, when Reps. John Lewis, Andre Carson and Emanuel Cleaver say that some demonstrators, many of them tea party activists, yelled the "N-word" as the congressmen walked from House office buildings to the Capitol.

Stung by the charges of racism, conservatives and tea party activists insist it never happened. And one of them is offering big money if anyone can prove it did.

The entire story can be found here.

Why are the conservatives insisting this didn't happen when 4 congressmen say they heard it happen. The video that has been going around on YouTube was apparently shot after the meeting they were attending, and the issue happened before the meeting.

Again, certain groups and individuals seemingly think the rules of society don't apply to them, and they are allowed to deny anything they don't want to get out. Them denying things don't happen I guess makes it so....

[edit on 13-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
When mobs of people are 'venting', they will say hurtful things to the intended target.

The fact that they use the n word means NOTHING.

If the congressmen were asian the slurs would have been anti-asian, if there were dwarves the slurs would have been anti little people, etc. This is a FACT.

As far as conservatives insisting it didnt happen, they're idiots. Of course it happened, like you said, 4 congressmen say it happened and they were there. I believe them. But still, there is nothing to read in it, the n word was ONLY used because the mob's targets were black, simple.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If that is all these pathetic Congresspeople can do with their time is whine about someone possibly using the "N" word then they need to find another job. We have people here in Richmond who become career politicians by using the same trick. Last time I checked we still had a 1st amendment. If you can't handle free speech move to China. Yes, even racist speech is protected.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
.... insisting this didn't happen when 4 congressmen say they heard it happen.

It's not like politicians have ever lied for political gain before.

If I were a black politician Id be claiming people were calling me the "N" word left and right. Suckers are so quick with the pity.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So where is this video you were trying to get at? Oh you mean the wrong video was analyzed as the article states. The reason there is no actual video of the slurs because none were said.

If you do find the actual video in question, I suggest you contact Mr. Breitbart, He has a $100,000 reward for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think someone yelled it. I can guarantee someone did. I can also guarantee that someone yelled it at someone today as they were passing a tollbooth. There are losers in every walk of life. When all this first came out the tea partayers did come out and condemn it as 'not their message'. Your gonna have douches in every group and I don't think all of them are like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow... Thread about some white people who get booed at a dance competition and we have hundreds of angry replies and 56 flags...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A group of Black American congressmen get called nigers by an angry mob... "hey, get over it"

Both very bad racial incidents treated very differently...

The hypocrisy of the race issue never ceases to amaze me!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevermindme
The fact that they use the n word means NOTHING.

If the congressmen were asian the slurs would have been anti-asian, if there were dwarves the slurs would have been anti little people, etc. This is a FACT.

As far as conservatives insisting it didnt happen, they're idiots. Of course it happened

Yes we already know the Tea Partiers hate all minorities equally, thanks for reminding us.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just an observation.......

So the congressmen were democrats?
The protesters were republicans?

And its really surprising that all of these congressmen heard this and backed each other up on it.

And its surprising that the protesters all deny it and back each other up.

So the democrats on this thread will certainly say it happened without any proof but witness accounts, and afterall they were congressmen, so you know, like most politicians, they would never lie. Not men of their stature.

This is just another in a long line of division tactics, whether on purpose or purposely magnified.

top topics

join