It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Some more eyewitness reports from the Megalong Valley and Leura Cascades areas of the Blue Mountains to follow:

Wednesday, 01 February 2006
Reported by: Mr R from anecdotal verbal report from local resident

Date: Exact unknown, From early 1999 to early 2000.

Location: Leura Forest at the base of Leura Cascades, Blue Mtns. NSW

A local resident (male approx 23yo) described how he and a group of friends were having a bonfire in a clearing in a patch of rainforest at the base of Leura Cascades at night. They had decided to go back to Katoomba, via the Upper Linda Creek track, to buy some beer. As they were running back up the track they heard a creature running parallel to them through the bush at the side of the track. Whenever they stopped the creature would stop.

They initially believed that it was a wallaby, however after several recurrences of the running/stopping behaviour they realised that it was not a wallaby and became frightened. They did not return to the area that night.

I asked the man wether he had heard any noises or smelt anything unusual in the area. He mentioned that on previous visits to the area he has heard whoop - whoop calls (described without prompting) and other unusual noises such as the crashing of something heavy through the undergrowth.

The area concerned is a popular spot with local walkers and is often used by local youth for overnight parties. It is heavily timbered with coachwood and mountain ash and quite dark in places even during the midday sun.

19 Sept 2006. Megalong Valley, Blue Mountains, NSW. 1:30 pm. As 22-year-old Katherine Bolton, her husband Brendan and friend Sarah Baikie were riding along a track at the base of an escarpment, Katherine’s horse lagged behind the others and finally came to a complete stop. Katherine, an experienced rider, simply couldn’t get it to move. “It was sniffing the air and turning around to bite me and I knew something was wrong. At that point I smelt a real foul stench, like salty blood, and I looked – the ground dropped down to the left - and it was just standing there …10, 15 metres away, if that. [The undergrowth] was quite open at that point. It looked sort of like a monkey, but more human. I pretty much crapped my pants! It seemed like forever that I was watching him, but it was only two, three minutes, if that.” From her vantage point, she could see the animal from head to foot: “I could see everything. It just stood and looked at me. It was a lot smaller than a person, about four foot … solid … square shoulders … very hairy, long hair everywhere; dark brown, all tangled – like a shaggy dog that hasn’t been washed for a while - and mud all over it. “It had, like, a pushed-in nose. I distinctly remember two canine teeth out the front, outside the lip. I couldn’t see ears because the long hair covered them. I saw eyes, but not distinctly. The legs were long but he only had three claws on his feet. I saw arms, and I could only see three fingers [because] it had something in its hand …like a dead kangaroo, but smaller …like flesh … like it was skinned … inside out. “I kept kicking the horse … it took the track pretty quick and began to catch the others. I held on for dear life. I kept smelling [the creature, and] felt like it was watching me.” Confused, incredulous and frightened by what she’d seen, Katherine didn’t say anything about it to her friends. Meanwhile, both Brendan and Sarah had been aware of the foul odour but hadn’t mentioned it. Thirty minutes later, however, they all heard rustling in the scrub behind and then beside the trail, and Sarah looked to the right and saw, about five or ten metres away, “… a monkey … an ape sort of thing … just glaring at me … real scary.” She could see the head, shoulders and upper chest as it “just popped out from behind a bush, looked, and took off. It was about four feet tall … hairy … browny, blacky … all long, scruffy … half-human, I reckon, all hairy but human looking. I focussed on the eyes and the mouth. The teeth … you could not miss them [about an inch long] over the lip [like a vampire’s]. Mouth sort of half open. I said, ‘What the F’s that?’ My adrenalin went … It was like, ‘Is this thing gonna eat me? I’d better get out of here!’ I was kicking my horse.” As Sarah cried out, Katherine and, apparently, her horse glimpsed the creature running from behind the bush. “My horse took off, flew past the next two horses; I hit a tree with my shoulder, came off and hit the ground really bad.” The horse bolted away. Katherine sustained deep abrasions on her right forearm and hip, a fractured right collarbone, two fractured ribs, badly bruised legs and swollen ankles. Brendan helped her onto his horse, led her back to the stables and drove her to Katoomba Hospital. The next day, when she phoned the property owner to enquire after the horse, Katherine was told that the animal, unusually, was missing all night, and that when it eventually returned it was “all shaken up” and had to be rested. When asked about the ‘monkey-thing”, the owner said that in about 1998 or ’99 another group of experienced riders had returned to camp “all as white as ghosts” to say they’d seen and smelt a very similar animal. Witness interview with Paul Cropper, 23 Sept 2006.

3rd on continued next post

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Megalong Valley NSW
Written by AYR ADMIN
Sunday, 21 February 2010
Oct 09
My 1st yowie sighting was when 1 was 12 yrs old. My brother was hosting a party/campout in a place called Megalong Valley, NSW. The campgrounds by the river were a popular spot with us people from nearby Blackheath. On this occasion, late at night, all the adults had gone to sleep around the campfire. I lay awake watching the fire. I heard crunching through the bushes on the bank behind me. I turned my head back to see what it was, expecting a roo. Instead I saw a huge creature covered in fur. Maybe 7ft plus.I froze. I couldnt comprehend what I was seeing. The creature stood observing the sleeping bodies. Suddenly a motorbike could be heard approaching and the creature turned and ran back into the bush.
I knew what I had seen though.
I didnt tell anyone till years later.

My 2nd sighting happened when I was 17, 50mtrs from the place I initially saw it. 30 of us were there to camp. All the boys left us 12 girls at camp while they went to get firewood. We sat chatting in a circle as dusk descended. One girl said "What's that?. We all turned to look and saw a big hairy thing standing watching us on the top of the bank. In the twilight it was hard to determine what it was. Then the thing started to descend the bank slowly, toward us. We were watching it's every move. Then it dropped down on all fours, hiding in the undergrowth. As it crawled out and stood up, it then began to run at us. We all jumped into a vehicle and drove out to find the boys. They did a thorough search of the area on motorbikes and foot,to no avail. It was gone. I know what it was...again.

The 2 encounters I have listed are true and on the 2nd sighting, 12 of us saw it. There had always been a legend of a "June monster" in the area. A furry big thing that had attacked numerous local campers. I believe this creature/creatures have been around for a long time.I am 41 now. The legend is older than me. I have never camped, nor ever will again, in the Megalong valley.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just to give balance to this thread and show I'm not favouring just two sites, being Rex Gilroy's and Dean Harrison's. Here's something from Paul Clacher who is a fossicker, but having travelled much of the East Coast has seen a lot he can't explain, his big cat stories are very good (with pics).

Here's a story from the Ashford Northern NSW area, with another from Torrington again (yes, my old stomping ground):

The Gorge Yowie

Written by Paul Clacher Copyright 2004

In the Easter of 1973 I was camped in the top camping area at MacIntyre Gorge, which is also known as Kwiambal National Park with my then girlfriend, and our 3 friends. The first night was spent sitting around the camp fire. On the second night we all sat around the camp fire again until about 10:00 pm. We then retired to our respective tents and I think that I must have dozed off. Some time later I was awoken as I heard something walking around the tent. As there had been possums around the tent on the first night I thought the possums were back for a second showing. This time the sound was different. It sounded more like just walking type footsteps. So I thought it was a goanna or a large lizard. I then saw a large silhouette walk upright in front of the tent. On that night there was some moonlight and I could see that it was human in shape, but it was very large and solid in build. I thought it was a large person at first until this thing started trying to open the zip of the tent. I thought it very strange as the thing was trying to open the tent from the top or the apex of the tent. It was when the thing started to rock from side to side and start to grunt that I became even more frozen with terror. At first I thought that it was a large person, but the outline was very fuzzy and looked sort of hairy and the grunts did not sound very human at all. After what seemed like an eternity I built up enough courage to yell out to the creature "Hey you what are you doing.". The thing just stopped, it casually turned to its left and slowly ambled off into the bush in an easterly direction.

I woke up my girlfriend and asked if she had seen or heard what had happened. She said no. I was so scared that I went over to the others and woke them up. What ever the thing was I clearly recall that I was so scared, that I said that I could not sleep back in that tent that night So I decided to sleep next to the fire. One of my friends could see that I was so scared that he said that he would sleep outside at the fire with us. I am sure that what I saw that night was not human. I have since spoken with another friend who used to be an aboriginal Forest Ranger in the New England area and he also was raised in the area and he said that there are Hairy Men in that area. He told me that the aboriginal people call them "Boon-A-Warnge" (Hairy Man). He said there are many limestone caves in the area and that they live in them. He also said many people in the area have seen the "Boon-A-Warnge" in the Ashford area. He had seen one and chased it with friends and pig dogs, but the creature eluded them. His sighting was up North East of Ashford. So, if you dare, try sleeping by yourself in the top camping ground at Ashford Gorge.

Not Far Away Unfolded Another Story (or two)

"The Torrington Yowie

Sightings of the "Yowie" have been quite numerous over the years though some incidents have been reported as long apart as twenty years.

One resident of the Torrington area reports seeing "a black/brown hairy 12 year old boy about 4' 6" with long ears, walking down the track not far off. He went 20 yards then turned off into the bush." This same resident then looked at the tracks left by the creature and saw that although they were distinctly human-like, with a large toe and four stumps, and flat on the bottom, the step-pattern when she tried to follow, did not appear to be human.

Sightings on the Yowie and of its tracks seemed to be more numerous when the wild figs are ripe and also when the rain bird is most noisy, in October to March - perhaps the bird warns of its presence.

Sometime ago it was reported that a rider came across the body of a very hairy figure about 4' 6" high and that he took another man to confirm the sighting. They buried the body in the lonely spot they found it, but like many other people did not make the find common knowledge for fear of being ridiculed.

Another sighting was at the time of a large bushfire In the Torrington area. Many animals were fleeing from the flames: kangaroos, wallabies, birds, etc., and right In front running upright, was a small hairy animal. Once again this sighting was not discussed except in the immediate family, as they were sure they would not be believed.

Many people try to find excuses or reasons for reported sightings, climbing stringy-bark stumps that appear to move when watched for too long, or too frequent trips to the local hotel, but many more believe that just maybe, there is some truth to the stories.( Old Torrington A History of Torrington and District 1881 – 1981, Examiner Printing Service, Glen Innes, 1981, p 85)"

Source: uqconnect.net...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Heffo7.....

Thank you for taking the time to find & post all those very interesting reports.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
reply to post by nevermindme

I can't believe you posted that. How can you lump a whole race of people under such appalling and general terms.

Really bad form man

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i live in australia and trust me theres no things likke that lol

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
do yowie's live underground? where do they supposedly reside?
australian bushland isnt very dense, although can be mountainous, i can understand creatures never being found because they live in dense locations, but the aussie outback is generally open spaced... just seems like within half a century you could find a giant creature in an open space. although i'm not familiar with the geography of yowie canyon or whatever, why are yowies only in this region, a great majority of australia is one piece of land, why havent they moved about??? aboriginals did.
im suspiscious of this one. but prove me wrong and ill eat my hat :p

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by heffo7

Hi!

I am really into indigenous races - the Maori and the Aborigine.

I would like to know what happened to these races.

Jesus told them " Don't do anything until I get back!"

But seriously I am more interested in the Bunyip tales from Aboriginal folklore, its possible they are referring to that "Hobbit" like race recently found in Indonesia. The stories tell of small short haired human like creatures that had a penchant for stealing Aboriginal Children and eating them, perhaps just a different version of the "Boogey Man" but.

In the most excellent book titled "the Yowie - In Search of Australia's Bigfoot" by Tony Healy and Paul Cropper they devote an entire chapter to this smaller type. They call it Littlefoot or as the aborigines referred to it, The Junjudee.

This is a whole different kettle of fish, and I agree that there is strong suport for a link between these reports and our near neighbours find of the Homo floresiensis.

If you are at all interested in this subject do yourself a favour and buy this book. No affiliation just a recommendation.

An Aboriginal friend of mine took me out night fishing for a few days as payment for me rewiring his boat, he mentioned these Junjudee as living around the Coffs Harbour area, which led myself and few open minded friends to camp down there for a week on the lookout, we didn't find anything though. They are said to be around two feet tall, very dark skin and give off a strong earthy smell. He also mentioned a huge lizard that lives in northern Queensland. He told me to go to the Brisbane museum to see a model of the creature (which was originally displayed with two stuffed Aboriginals, now taken off display but still stored at the museum). The museum did indeed have the life-size model but I believe it too is no longer displayed, it sent shivers running down my spine and always gave me caution when I went out bush. The Aboriginals seem to accept the existence of these crypto zoological creatures without much fuss and without the prejudice of us white fellas I'm inclined to believe them as they don't seek to make a crust out of it and it is, after all, their land.
A side note on the pyramids in Gympie, the one bull dozed by the Australian army into the sea during the 1920's was at Rainbow beach, the one at Gympie was stripped of its casing stones (said to have been used on a number of the buildings in Gympie) the mound still stands in a farmers field, Rex has an arial photo of it on his site. I've been diving around Rainbow beach but was unable to find anything of interest.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by SOXMIS]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forest King
do yowie's live underground? where do they supposedly reside?
australian bushland isnt very dense, although can be mountainous, i can understand creatures never being found because they live in dense locations, but the aussie outback is generally open spaced... just seems like within half a century you could find a giant creature in an open space. although i'm not familiar with the geography of yowie canyon or whatever, why are yowies only in this region, a great majority of australia is one piece of land, why havent they moved about??? aboriginals did.
im suspiscious of this one. but prove me wrong and ill eat my hat :p

Forest King, the eastern ranges of Australia, where most of these reports seem to come from, has quite thick vegetation. I mean extremely thick at times. It ranges from medium dense eucalypt forest to extremely thick temperate rainforest type vegetation amongst some very rugged terrain. Quite inhospitable. The area where this report is from backs on to a huge national park, part of a system of national parks that make up the Greater Blue Mountains World Heratige area. About 10,000sq. kilometres of what is largely wilderness and some of the most rugged landscape in the country. There was recently a tree- the "Wollemi Pine" found in a gorge in Wollemi National Park a little north of here that was thought to have been extinct for the last 2 million years. Relic plant species, what about....relic hominids? It isn't anything like the "outback".

en.wikipedia.org...
www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Thanks Cogito, Ergo Sum

Very nicely summed up!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOXMIS

An Aboriginal friend of mine took me out night fishing for a few days as payment for me rewiring his boat, he mentioned these Junjudee as living around the Coffs Harbour area, which led myself and few open minded friends to camp down there for a week on the lookout, we didn't find anything though. They are said to be around two feet tall, very dark skin and give off a strong earthy smell. He also mentioned a huge lizard that lives in northern Queensland. He told me to go to the Brisbane museum to see a model of the creature (which was originally displayed with two stuffed Aboriginals, now taken off display but still stored at the museum). The museum did indeed have the life-size model but I believe it too is no longer displayed, it sent shivers running down my spine and always gave me caution when I went out bush. The Aboriginals seem to accept the existence of these crypto zoological creatures without much fuss and without the prejudice of us white fellas I'm inclined to believe them as they don't seek to make a crust out of it and it is, after all, their land.
A side note on the pyramids in Gympie, the one bull dozed by the Australian army into the sea during the 1920's was at Rainbow beach, the one at Gympie was stripped of its casing stones (said to have been used on a number of the buildings in Gympie) the mound still stands in a farmers field, Rex has an arial photo of it on his site. I've been diving around Rainbow beach but was unable to find anything of interest.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by SOXMIS]

That is VERY interesting Soxmis, I've heard of the littlefoot - Coffs Harbour connection before. There are also a few reports of the big fella's around that area too. Once again, like the Blue Mountains the hinterland from behind Coffs Harbour extends way back up the Great Dividing Range for about 100 kms (60 miles) as the crow flies. This is all extremely dense National Park.

Probably no connection, but interesting nonetheless is this report of the torso (though another report says the bottom half) of a man discovered washed out of the hinterland during heavy rains recently. Police say there is no evidence of foul play even though it's only one half of the man's body.... hmmm. He was a local who often went camping in the area....

www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au...

Police have not publicly released the details of the autopsy report but they are now saying the death is no longer being treated as suspicious.

Mr Lindsay said the man was reported missing three weeks before the body was discovered.

It was also believed the body had been at the location for two weeks.

“We don’t believe the body was separated due to human intervention,” Mr Lindsay said.

He would not elaborate further, only to say separation of the body and the cause of death were now matters for the coroner to consider.

POLICE have released the name of the man whose remains were found at Dairyville last month.

He was Marcus John Gormley, 36, of Coffs Harbour.

Coffs/Clarence local area commander, Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay, said Mr Gormley was a frequent visitor to the area and enjoyed camping there.

“He used to like walking in remote areas, particularly rough terrain,” Mr Lindsay said.

“That area has rough terrain.”

Police are preparing a report for the coroner.

As far as I'm aware the coroner's finding have not been released.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ok, SES personnel and police located both parts of the man:

THE discovery of what appears to be human tissue yesterday was grim but promising news for police attempting to identify a severed body found near Dairyville.

A small army of police specialists and SES personnel has converged on the area to search for more body parts since the lower half of a man’s body was found tangled in flood debris at Wayper Creek.

Coffs/Clarence crime manager, Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay, said the ‘suspected human tissue’ found in the search area yesterday would be tested by a forensic pathologist.

Investigators yesterday ramped up the operation by sending in police divers and rescuers, Operational Support Group police, a cadaver dog and more SES volunteers.

Police were yesterday not releasing details of the autopsy preliminary report but Mr Lindsay said it did indicate the time of death and how the man’s body came to be severed.

Searchers have found personal items at the scene which could belong to the man and took them away for further examination.

The massive search was sparked when a father and his three children came across the torso of a man on Sunday about 4pm while swimming in a creek on a 42-hectare property 15km west of Coffs Harbour.

The lower half of a man's body was tangled in flood debris.

Police believe there was no human intervention involved, but have declined to publicly release both the preliminary and coroner's findings. How do you accidentally become two halves? If a tree fell on you, you'd still be under it.

Case 145. January 1980. Coffs Harbour NSW Day.

"The hardy North Coast perennial, the legend of the Yowie, has broken into the spotlight again... a middle aged itinerant worker claims to have spotted the elusive beast on a Boambee banana plantation. Although wishing to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule, his articulate description and obvious fear lend some weight to his claim. He said he saw a seeming half-human, half-animal form bristling with masses of red hair... about six months ago... he thought he was seeing things but the next day he caught a fleeting glimpse of it again dashing through the plantation. That afternoon he collected his pay, vowing never to return there - and he hasn't"

from pg 249 The Yowie - in Search of Australia's Bigfoot

Original source - Eastland Opinion (Coffs Harbour), Jul 9, 1980.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega.13
i live in australia and trust me theres no things likke that lol

Did you register just to post that? Is this because you haven't seen one, or know of anyone else who has? I'd be interested to know.

I've never seen one myself, but I personally know of 4 separate people who have said they have, and I've got no reason to think any of them were lying. I'm also intrigued by the possibility....

It's also not the kind of thing that usually comes up in general conversation. But if you ask someone if they've ever seen anything unusual (especially experienced bushmen, stockmen or tribesfolk) you'd be surprised what you'll hear. No harm keeping an open mind, if not, why join ATS?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Heffo - some great posts mate. Really interesting accounts, thanks for posting them

Regarding the possibility that these creatures (Yowie, Junjudee, etc) live in caves or underground.

Long story short, I have some channeled information in my personal library which thus far has been highly reliable (will keep source confidential so as to not derail thread, nothing controversial though) and in this information Yowie type creatures are mentioned.

This information states that one of the reasons these creatures are so seldomly seen is because they tend to dwell in deep caves or caverns underground.

Interesting, the source predicted that man would officially 'discover' and catalogue these beings eventually. It stated that the find would be bones in a cave but that we wouldn't realise what the bones were for quite a while and that they would be misidentified for quite a long time.

Take it or leave it - just thought i'd put it out there

The recent 'X-woman' find stirs my imagination in this respect!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by srsen]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Put some more maps together.

The first one I have highlights the sightings that Heffo posted earlier. Even from these few sightings trends and patterns already develop.

This second map shows the Blue Mountains area with three sightings all very close to eachother. It would seem from this map that the 'gorge' which lies between the 3 sightings seems to represent a physical barrier to the Yowie's territory, in some way.

If we could pinpoint the 'best' route between these locations, perhaps by a river or similar, we could possibly find an ideal location/path to locate a Yowie.

I also notice, and you guys can Google Earth these spots and see for yourself, that all of these sightings seem to appear in areas which have both:

* a river with a kilometre or two
* a mountain/cliff which could have cave entrances
* a fairly dense coverage of foliage

These three features seem to combine to create ideal living conditions for Yowies - at least that's what it seems anyway

EDIT TO ADD: The Wentworth Falls and Leura Cascades sightings seem to occur just beyond the cliffs walls of the gorge i mentioned.
It could actually be a possibility that near to these sighting locations are some kind of cave entrance or similar which connects the inner gorge to the area outside of it.

This would further promote the idea that these beings dwell in caves. If this was true, they would likely know every entrance/exit point and would undoubtedly (IMO) use them for moving through the region without needing the climb cliff faces, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Srsen - as usual excellent posts!!

There are definitely caves in the Torrington area. A lot of properties in the area are dotted with them.

You've also jogged my memory of something else. When the early explorers found a way to cross the Blue Mountains, someone asked the Aboriginals why they hadn't done the same. They replied that there was no need to go over them, they had always travelled through them.... wish I could remember which book I read it in! No-one now seems to know where the entrance/s are, or they're not saying. It would be amazing if someone could find the entrance to that natural tunnel.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Heffo - some great posts mate. Really interesting accounts, thanks for posting them

Regarding the possibility that these creatures (Yowie, Junjudee, etc) live in caves or underground.

Long story short, I have some channeled information in my personal library which thus far has been highly reliable (will keep source confidential so as to not derail thread, nothing controversial though) and in this information Yowie type creatures are mentioned.

This information states that one of the reasons these creatures are so seldomly seen is because they tend to dwell in deep caves or caverns underground.

Interesting, the source predicted that man would officially 'discover' and catalogue these beings eventually. It stated that the find would be bones in a cave but that we wouldn't realise what the bones were for quite a while and that they would be misidentified for quite a long time.

Take it or leave it - just thought i'd put it out there

The recent 'X-woman' find stirs my imagination in this respect!

Reading your linked article, this paragraph jumped out at me:

"Experts have been wondering whether X-woman might have links with known fossil humans from Asia, which have controversial classifications."

There are other bones, they just don't know what they are!!

I bet every country has got the bones, they just don't fit in with anything else so we don't hear about them.

And can you u2u me with the source of your channelled info? I'd be very interested to learn more.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There are definitely caves in the Torrington area. A lot of properties in the area are dotted with them.

You've also jogged my memory of something else. When the early explorers found a way to cross the Blue Mountains, someone asked the Aboriginals why they hadn't done the same. They replied that there was no need to go over them, they had always travelled through them.... wish I could remember which book I read it in! No-one now seems to know where the entrance/s are, or they're not saying. It would be amazing if someone could find the entrance to that natural tunnel.

I'm actually getting kinda excited bout all this lol. There are definite trends and patterns developing here, re: the caves.

I have always given significant credit to information coming from the Aboriginals - those guys know what they're talking bout! And it makes sense too, if the Yowie is living in such 'wild' regions, the quickest route would be underground so-to-speak. And if anything would know the best routes, it would be the Yowie, who seem both 'wild' and highly intelligent (from all reports anyway).

Reading your linked article, this paragraph jumped out at me:

"Experts have been wondering whether X-woman might have links with known fossil humans from Asia, which have controversial classifications."

There are other bones, they just don't know what they are!!

I bet every country has got the bones, they just don't fit in with anything else so we don't hear about them.

That is just it - the public don't hear about such things until 'science' can place a 'safe' label on it. I wouldn't mind betting that 'they' know what these bones are too...

To my mind, Yowies, Bigfoot, Littlefoot - all of them, are simply an animal not yet officially discovered. I heard on a Coast 2 Coast program a while back that we have only explored half of the planet and only discovered a tenth of the possible lifeforms residing on it!

That's mind blowing to me!

Really wish we could get some experts on this thread to spitball ideas with us. Shame they haven't shown up yet.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hi there gang,

I haven't heard back from Rex and Heather Gilroy yet.

Unfortunately, the contact details on their website isn't working so I only have an email to contact them on ... no reply on that as yet.

I did, however, meet some local Aboriginal buskers (violin and didjeridoo duet ... and it worked! ... sounded fantastic)

They will be playing just up the road from me next weekend and we are going to have a chat about Yowie then.

So it's a good new, bad news post from me ...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So i think i'm getting a little Google Earth happy, but whatever, I have another map that's worth discussing.

The area in question is the Wentworth Falls sighting. I have highlighted a region with a yellow circle.

This area seems to be the only route to gain access to the 'gorge' region without having to scale the cliffs to get down there.

I am pretty happy with the assumption that Yowies use cave networks to navigate the area and avoid the high cliff faces, but also think that at times they may need to traverse the landscape on the surface (cave flooding or similar circumstances could cause this need).

If this is the case, the area highlighted in yellow would a seemingly perfect way to reach the valley/'gorge' floor. Hence this area would be a great spot to look for Yowies and/or evidence of their existence.

(This is based on the assumption that the Yowie's main territory would be the area bordered by the high cliffs and plateaus. The valley or 'gorge' is fairly remote despite it's proximity to the highly 'touristy' areas up high on the plateau (Katoomba, Three Sisters, etc). Just throwing some ideas out)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join