It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

A thin line mate, a very thin line ...

Personally, I don't see what there is to understand in the trolls post or why you would want to encourage it ...

... but yes lets stay on topic.

I just spoke with a Bluey's local that told me about Rex Gilroy.

He has documented over 3000 reports relating to yowies.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rexgilroy.com...

I think I might give Rex a call and see what he has to say.

reply to post by acrux

In the Blue Mountains mate ... so this will have to be a long distance relationship

[edit on 13/4/10 by Horza]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Very thought provoking, but main anthropolgy dates first human ancestors to 2,000,000 years from africa.

That claims similar to java man 500,000.

I don't claim to be a scientist, so I'll go with mainstream until they change their minds.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Heard of gympie pyramid, but don't know if tim was involved.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Wil have to look at Gilroy later, so the love affair is over before it started

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Hi!

I am really into indigenous races - the Maori and the Aborigine.

I would like to know what happened to these races.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I know we're going off topic here, but you want to know what happened to Maoris and Aborigines? I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by acrux

A thin line mate, a very thin line ...

Personally, I don't see what there is to understand in the trolls post or why you would want to encourage it ...

... but yes lets stay on topic.

I just spoke with a Bluey's local that told me about Rex Gilroy.

He has documented over 3000 reports relating to yowies.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rexgilroy.com...

I think I might give Rex a call and see what he has to say.

reply to post by acrux

In the Blue Mountains mate ... so this will have to be a long distance relationship

[edit on 13/4/10 by Horza]

Rex Gilroy! OMG. I remember when I was a kid he was totally the 'go to' man regarding this phenomena. He told a story about an area which is close to my home which goes something like this:

A young girl was playing in a clearing close to the township of Torrington when she disappeared. The locals all mounted a search for her and found her a short distance away up a cliff face with no footholds - 2 or 3 yards up the vertical cliff face. When they asked the little girl how she got there she said, "The big hairy man put me here".

Oh man, I was hooked on the concept that we don't know all we think we do from then on. To bring his point home Rex then went on to say that we didn't recognise that Gorilla's existed until 1938 (? not sure of the date but you get the picture). I couldn't believe it! We are so conceited... what do we really know is out there.

Have any of you people actually camped out at night deep in the Australian bush? Anything could be out there.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by heffo7

Hi!

You could ask them? They're alive and well in the 21st Century...relatively speaking

I could be wrong, I *think* a Mod is Maori.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
Have any of you people actually camped out at night deep in the Australian bush? Anything could be out there.

Yes, frequently over the last 55 years.
Lived in Buchan, Marysville and Powelltown, and spent many nights alone in the bush around those areas. Also been on many camping holidays and long, solitary hikes.

Never seen a yeti or yowie. never seen a wild aboriginal. Long time since Abos lived wild in southern Australia.

By the way, traditional living aborigines don't stink, they have an ancient and complex cultures/languages, and well developed ESP which they considered a natural part of life.

These days, when you meet a Native Australian, he/she is more likely to be
wearing a suit than living off the land.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
the op's video don't show any sighting of a yowie or much of anything else,
if there was something around the camp it could have been anything, and of course since he is a yowie hunter, the first reasoning from him, would have to be that there was a yowie.

In all my camping trips, never has there been any sightings of a yowie or strange creatures, not to say that the possibility dosen't exist.
But have had an uninvited aboriginal once come into camp in the dead of night, and stayed till morning.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If this video is anything like what Tony thinks is out there, no wonder he's freaking out. Take a look at this compilation that some clever person has put together.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by heffo7

Yes, frequently over the last 55 years.
Lived in Buchan, Marysville and Powelltown, and spent many nights alone in the bush around those areas. Also been on many camping holidays and long, solitary hikes.

Never seen a yeti or yowie. never seen a wild aboriginal. Long time since Abos lived wild in southern Australia.

By the way, traditional living aborigines don't stink, they have an ancient and complex cultures/languages, and well developed ESP which they considered a natural part of life.

These days, when you meet a Native Australian, he/she is more likely to be
wearing a suit than living off the land.

Hi Kailassa

Thank you for your contribution. May I ask if you've ever seen anything out of the ordinary during one of your trips?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
the op's video don't show any sighting of a yowie or much of anything else,
if there was something around the camp it could have been anything, and of course since he is a yowie hunter, the first reasoning from him, would have to be that there was a yowie.

In all my camping trips, never has there been any sightings of a yowie or strange creatures, not to say that the possibility dosen't exist.
But have had an uninvited aboriginal once come into camp in the dead of night, and stayed till morning.

Hi Redgy

Yes, you're right the video doesn't show what's got him rattled. But his palpable sense of fear is what I find so intriguing, don't think he's faking that.

I don't agree where you state that it could be anything though. Only primates as far as I'm aware can throw rocks. And you can hear it hit the ground, so it's no pebble we're talking about. That's gotta take some serious strength to stay out of range of the light but lob something pretty big so accurately toward him.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Seems this rock throwing behaviour is typical elsewhere in the world too.

Here's a clip from Ontario by a Monster Quest crew member who gets similarly terrorised through the night.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Sweet video. Interesting for sure.

On page one you asked if anyone knew any indigenous Australians who may be able to provide some info on the Yowie?

I have a suggestion.

My girlfriend's family owns the Echo Point centre near the Three Sisters. It has souvenir shop, cafe, restaurant, etc - anyone who's been there would know it.

There is a guy, an aboriginal guy, named Goombalah (not sure of spelling), he goes to centre for food n stuff quite alot, you could ask him.

There is no way to miss the guy. He is a local and performs traditional Koorie dances and didgeridoo for tourists at the Three Sisters viewing area. Big beard, big gut, normally painted in a traditional manner.

He's an absolute champ and is always keen to have a chat. I won't be down there for a while otherwise i would ask him myself. But i know someone in this thread said they lived at the Blue Mountains, so perhaps it's a lead someone can follow up on?

Anyway, Rex Gilroy, he is another professional Yowie hunter amoung other things. He would have some great insight into this video and its authenticity. Drop him a line perhaps?

For me, this guy seems very genuine and there is certainly 'something' in the bushes. Not saying it couldnt be faked, but you honestly never know! Interesting stuff

EDIT TO ADD: The guy in the youtube video gives a location.

12ks down Table Lands road in Wentworth Falls. Wow - i know how to get there. SO TEMPTED to take a trip with my camera... During the day of course...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by srsen]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by heffo7

Hi!

Jesus told them " Don't do anything until I get back!"

But seriously I am more interested in the Bunyip tales from Aboriginal folklore, its possible they are referring to that "Hobbit" like race recently found in Indonesia. The stories tell of small short haired human like creatures that had a penchant for stealing Aboriginal Children and eating them, perhaps just a different version of the "Boogey Man" but.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is a basic Google Earth view I made up of the area this Yowie was supposedly spotted in.

(NB: Image updated. Now accurate to 12 kilometres down Tablelands Road.)

Very accessible area actually. The temptation to explore grows........

Anyway, i know indigenous Australians refer to the Yowie by many native names, most of which translate to "big, hairy man", or some derivative thereof.

David Hatcher Childress has written much on the subject, especially in his book Lost Cities of Ancient Lemuria and The Pacific.

Though i also dug this up from Rex Gilroy's website, regarding Yowie/'Big Hairy Man' sightings.

From above source.
The Blue Mountains Aboriginal Descriptions: We turn now to the vast expanses of the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, where most of the 'classic' historical sightings of yowies originated in the early years following European settlement in this district. The early settlers learnt of the many mysterious creatures from the Aborigines, but none created as much fear among the natives as the yowie which, they informed the settlers, were often enormous, fearsome manlike beasts that walked upon two legs with a stooped, shambling gait.

As described by tribespeople elsewhere across the country, these monsters were covered from head to foot in long hair. They had no neck, the head being sunk into the shoulders. Aborigines informed settlers of the yowie's diet which, as elsewhere, consisted of vegetable matter such as certain plants, roots, berries, leaves and barks. Animals were eaten on occasion, as were Aborigines unfortunate enough to be caught by one of these monsters.

The Blue Mountains continues to be a hotbed of yowie man-beast activity-a vast region of hundreds of square miles still containing inaccessible forest regions seldom if ever visited by Europeans. The "Hairy Giants of Katoomba" are also known as the "Killer Man-Apes of the Blue Mountains" to many locals-and with good reason, as you will read soon.

It goes on and is quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
reply to post by heffo7

12ks down Table Lands road in Wentworth Falls. Wow - i know how to get there. SO TEMPTED to take a trip with my camera... During the day of course...

That's very close to where I live ... But I won't have time to go for a search for weeks ... but I am very keen to give it a crack.

This would be a great chance to do an ATS exclusive field trip.

It would be very interesting to get Rex Gilroy and Troy from youtube together and go out with a cam and see what we come up with.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Argh! ...Come on Folks cant you see it was just a Sniper and his Spotter from 4RAR Holsworthy Army Base doing some training etc. Who were simply in their Ghille Suits and were probably prone in a LUP( Lying Up Position) and thought they were made out with this Dude walking around with his Camcorder and so threw rocks near him as a warning to stay away. Like who throws rocks at you from approximately 20 feet and completely misses.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
That's very close to where I live ... But I won't have time to go for a search for weeks ... but I am very keen to give it a crack.

This would be a great chance to do an ATS exclusive field trip.

It would be very interesting to get Rex Gilroy and Troy from youtube together and go out with a cam and see what we come up with.

Dude that's a pretty awesome idea actually!

Not sure how accessible those guys would be but maybe it's worth a try. Seeing as Rex Gilroy has put out books and the like, he may need/want some kind of exclusivity on any interesting finds?

This Troy bloke seems like a better option to approach. More accessible.

I live near Parramatta, so is only 90 minutes away from where i live.

Anyone else reading this thread local enough and interested to head out there one day soon and have a look round?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join