It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowies stalk bushwalker in Blue Mountains Australia

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
ps. If you make more than one edit, before submitting, wipe the text at the bottom that says "edited on ...... by ...". This way only one "edited by........" shows up. Looks better that way, not talking from experience or anything...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
pps. What is the website UM that you mention? Generally you will find people quite tolerant here. People have misconception of "alternative" or "conspiracy"websites. There is often very interesting intelligent discussion, some people are very knowledgable.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Ha ha ha I will take that editing tip on board as I`m sure there will be much editing to come in the future. In regards to that post I know the one you are referring to and no it was not directed at this forum. I`m not trying to build you up I`m just repaying the courtesy you have shown me. Its actually a refreshing change to speak to a rational sceptic who does not come across as an all-knowing, pompous prude (so many do).

In regards to Night Walker, well all I can say is that if you knew what I know about this person than you may be less inclined to be respectful of his views. He does not deserve respect! I personally view his actions as a complete and utter disgrace, in fact cowardly.

It seems that you are simply after the truth (as I am) in regard to determining the true nature of this phenomenon. That being the case I would be more than happy to discuss methodology in regards to research. I (and other enthusiasts) are happy to take on CONSTRUCTIVE advice (as opposed to attacks and character assassination) and ideas which could improve the research. Maybe a genuine, positive, meeting of the two divides focused on improving methodology and a balanced exchange of idealogy may bring us more insight into what is actually taking place out there. Surely it would be a better approach than what has been going on in recent times. Feel free to PM if you are interested Cogito.

In saying all that though, I will not hesitate to attack people like Night Walker (or his armchair cynic clones) who are solely focused on fraudulent character assassination!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SAB 8

Thanks SAB8. One thing I could suggest, for your own and Tony's interest is with the video. As you might have access to a cleaner wmv. than the uploaded version on you-tube. There is a program called VReveal that is a freeware enhancing software. You can download for free. Not as good as professional software, but not too bad either.

If prepared to fiddle with it, much more will show up. Look at the section from 20-30 seconds, I found it fascinating and spent an awful lot of time on it. I feel there is certainly at least 1 figure clearly discernable in the background. Worth looking at if you get the time. You needn't post anything about it if you don't want. Especially having someone to explain where the noises etc were coming from, would be helpful.

Yes I would like to know the truth concerning the yowie. I always leave room for error. I would only be too happy to be proven wrong, genuinely. I may pm you soon.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on the software - will definitely look into it time permitting. Next time I get a chance I`ll sit down with Tony and go through the video and try and pinpoint noise locations. From recall he mentioned that there was more noise coming from the side and back of his directional retreat.

Incidentally I have heard of other reports of rock throwing in roughly the same general location. These are freely available on the net. See links. The UFO group involved have no ties to AYR whatsoever. They are a completely independent organisation. I by chance stumbled on their report as I also have a strong interest in the UFO phenomenon.

www.ufosociety.net.au...

www.ufosociety.net.au...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum
pps. What is the website UM that you mention? Generally you will find people quite tolerant here. People have misconception of "alternative" or "conspiracy"websites. There is often very interesting intelligent discussion, some people are very knowledgable.

Sorry to jump in here SAB8, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's this forum: www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Fascinating reports SAB8. They seem well written and documented in an intelligent way without too much speculation. The fact they were their to observe aerial phenomena and were surprised at the other events, of which they were unwilling to assume too much, also adds some weight IMO. I can't help agreeing with them regarding what might be observed from the sky in this region. Yes, I also agree it adds a precedence and therefore some weight in favour of Tony's account. Thanks for that. Certainly does seem an area worthy of further research.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7

Sorry to jump in here SAB8, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's this forum: www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Thanks for that heffo7. I'm not really familiar with it, but might have a look when I get a chance.

ps. You seem well mannered to a fault. I hardly think you would "jumping in" in this sense, particularly as you are the OP.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the compliment!

I wouldn't waste my time looking at the other forum though... I had a bit of a read and not a patch on ATS

SAB8, thanks for the links to the UFO searchers encounter, I have read that before and found it entirely credible.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
As a post script to this thread I would like to mention that I now have little, if any, reason to doubt the nature of this video and its originator as to whether it was genuine in the way put forth, even if some conclusions seemed to be arrived at rather in a rash way. This comes from certain recent efforts and experience in the same location. In fact I have held off acknowledging this, simply in an effort to be cautious and sure of what I say and simply due to the fact of having such difficulty getting my mind around certain things.

Though in the end my interest in this was personal anyway and in no way an effort to convince anyone else, something of which I have little interest in doing. In this way I feel I probably should have kept opinion to myself. I can't help feeling less eager to add another anecdote of my own to the already vast collection of stories.

The only answer I could have to interested and open minded doubters is this. For anyone with opportunity and enough interest, go and genuinely study the area day and night for yourself, preferably by yourself, see what you find. The rationale, for myself at least, is that statistically reports of sightings seem to vastly favour being alone at the time.

The main reason I write this is to redress the situation if my opinions on this video had brought anyone's integrity into question. I have acknowledged this also in the only other forum where I have put forth an opinion. In this instance I feel I am being given the opportunity to savor some humble pie, as to what I accept or have known for a very long time as being "normal".

For various reasons I doubt the existence of a creature like this will ever be explained scientifically, in no small part because they are outside of any parameters science and common sence would dictate as being acceptable when compared to any other living species. Whether flesh and blood or phenomena in some other way is questionable. Though whether they exist less so now, for myself at least.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Cogito, Ergo Sum]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

As a post script to this thread I would like to mention that I now have little, if any, reason to doubt the nature of this video and its originator as to whether it was genuine in the way put forth, even if some conclusions seemed to be arrived at rather in a rash way. This comes from certain recent efforts and experience in the same location. In fact I have held off acknowledging this, simply in an effort to be cautious and sure of what I say and simply due to the fact of having such difficulty getting my mind around certain things.

I would be fascinated to know what your personal experience was. If you don't feel comfortable sharing it in this thread can you please U2U me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Though in the end my interest in this was personal anyway and in no way an effort to convince anyone else, something of which I have little interest in doing. In this way I feel I probably should have kept opinion to myself. I can't help feeling less eager to add another anecdote of my own to the already vast collection of stories. The only answer I could have to interested and open minded doubters is this. For anyone with opportunity and enough interest, go and genuinely study the area day and night for yourself, preferably by yourself, see what you find. The rationale, for myself at least, is that statistically reports of sightings seem to vastly favour being alone at the time.

Integrity was never an issue.

I can vouch for it personally.

Mungo

[edit on 6/7/2010 by mungodave]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've been in the area of discussion during daytime a few times for recreation. I'm not sure if I'd camp alone at night for the purpose of looking for something to happen.

One thing I always have with me camping is my 5 million candle power torch, fully charged. I consider it current technologies equivalent of a fire stick to ward off unwanted creatures during the night.....well at least those creatures who have eyes

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Here's a thread from 2008 which I found interesting, hope you do too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Especially a couple of the later posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi, I am a young Australian interstate truck driver, I am also a experienced bushman, spending all of my childhood and still through today. I remember my dad telling his tall stories of yowie's in the pilliga attacking trucks during the night. Great way to scare the pants off kids as they camp in the bush near pine plantations!(deer love pine plantations!) 5 generations of my family are bushman, hunters, and also there is an offshoot of aboriginals! I have hunted day and night in most parts of Australia, and have spent hundreds of nights alone in the bush just me, a swag, and a rifle! I have stalked deer for days, crawling on my stomach in full "gillie suit", in some parts of the bush I have felt scared, cold chills running through my body like I was being hunted or watched and have on 4 occasions have stopped a hunt and left an area because I was over whelmed by the willies, Never in 19 yrs of hunting have I ever seen a "yowie"! Anyway, I started driving trucks interstate 3 yrs ago and my view has changed! Last November I was leading a new driver along the Newell hwy northbound between coonabarabran and narrabri through the pilliga, once again I found myself way ahead of the timid new driver and pulled up at a parking bay near the tooley creek bridge, I still had my truck in gear and lit a smoke and pulled my work diary (log book) to put a 15min break in, I had been awake for 14 hrs and had been driving for 11 of those, now people will say I'm tired, (but remember truck drivers are use to being awake for 30 hrs at a time) I felt great, anyway I couldn't shake the feeling I had felt those times in the bush and had a glance around for anything, I saw a glint in my peripheral and focused, and at the tree line maybe 20 feet level with the window of my truck (about 10ft off the ground) it looked like a hairy man, I went cold with terror and I may have screamed like a little girl but it moved from around the tree and I started to accelerate hard(it's a bit hard in a 50ton truck (I had a load of mail for Australia post so I was very light). I only got an outline because of it being 1.30am and the distance but it was big had big eyes and as far as I'm concerned it looked like a demon! I got to the shell truck stop on the edge of the pilliga in narrabri and ran inside to be near people, I have spoken about this with only my wife and two other truck driver mates and they have told me about there experiences around Coffs Harbour and taree, many truckers have seen things and others have damage to vehicles! I have hunted in the pilliga at least 100 times in my life and many friends have too, yet a random event one warm night still shakes my to this day, I no longer go into the bush unless I'm with at least 5 armed mates! Oh and anyone dum enough to still believe panthers in aus don't exist... Go into the bush and hunt, they are there, I hunted one in yarram victoria for 3 days after it killed a deer I was tracking, my grandpa is half aboriginal and a true bushman and tracker, he taught all of us kids and we are good trackers! I lost the big cat as it crossed 3 farm properties that I wasn't allowed in, and i believe into an adjacent bushland. I have studied a lot and believe that 90% of these stories are bs, but anything is possible. I have recently heard about the junjudee and that they may exist in the dandenong ranges and maybe yarram as well, all that area is a massive bushland full of highly inaccessible scrub unless by foot. Could you please help with information on these creatures? My wife and I are determined to show the world the exist or that they don't!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Someone being terrified is proof of nothing. People work themselves up into a state. Especially when you are isolated, in the dark and paranoid about yowies etc.

Look at those Ghosthunter morons who go to those houses in the dark and crap their pants at their own shadows every week.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

That's fine, I've never been paranoid of yowie's, you need to understand I never once ever thought of yowie's ever being alone in the bush, and no it proves nothing, I chose to tell me story, I could not care less if I'm questioned or not, but when you say proof, there is no proof, no one has proof and this subject will always be written off by paranoia. The only time anyone there will ever be proof will be when some hunter shoots one and drags the bloody thing out by its legs! Yeh sure these twits go out with there cameras, though regardless whatever is shown it will be written off as fake, so to come into a chat about something that is mythical and talk about proof makes you an idiot! I am a simple Aussie bloke, I'm straight talking, I don't have the typing skills or writing skills to build flowing text, my mind just blurts everything out without a lot of thought, I came here in hope of finding people with similar stories and maybe find people that has had similar experiences, and answer this, why would a man that has spent the bulk of his life alone in the bush night and day, only freak out those couple times? Are you a bushman? Even a camper? A hunter? Or do you sit on a computer living through other peoples stories? Do you spend years of your life crawling around the deepest parts of this countries bushland? Or do you look at pics and/or just go into touristy parts of the bush? If you listen to soldiers after wars especially Vietnam they will always tell you to trust all of your senses and when you get the willies, to trust it 100% of the time because it will save your life! But trust me when I say this, I don't get scared, and these are the only times my blood runs cold, also if there is one in the bush I will track it and I will kill it and I will drag it out!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Youngtrucker

Good luck with that. Come back and see us when you have the corpse. You'll be the toast of the scientific community.

Personally, I won't be holding my breath in anticipation though.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uThu, 23 Jan 2014 16:55:46 -06001-0600fCST04 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: I just like to see the edit message at the end of every post

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Youngtrucker

I can't say I agree with your idea of killing one, even to prove their existence. Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed if they are as big and powerful as portrayed. Could also be murder if they are proven to be biological ancestors of some sort, or versions of humans. Some really good hard-to-refute camera footage would be great though, if you could arrange it!

Thank you for contributing to this thread, I was very surprised to see it had been reactivated after nearly 4 years. Please keep us updated with any indigenous stories or first hand accounts you may hear.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join