It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smell revolution around the corner Something seems to be brewing under the surface we dont see yet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What is revolution?

Revolution:
an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
Sociology. a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, esp. one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence. Compare social evolution.
a sudden, complete or marked change in something: the present revolution in church architecture.

What is a revolution? What types of revolution have happened in the past? Is there a revolution around the corner for the US, and the world? I don’t know, but there are signs that a revolution, violent or non-violent will be taking place in the next few years. I will give my reasons below. Not in any particular order, but I will try.

Reasons for revolution:

9/11,
(FED) Treasury being looted by offshore banks.
(FED) Unsustainable debt.
(Military industrial complex) Endless Wars in the middle east.
20% unemployment rate.
People becoming more aware of the left/right paradigm (Two party system really serving as one.)
Patriot act.
Demonizing of Patriot Groups
Plus many more...

These are a few reasons off the top of my head to why we are headed toward some kind of revolution. Violent or non-violent; People are waking up to the bullshnip. The media has made militia groups, veterans, and Patriot groups look like terrorists. (Think reicht fire in pre-WWII Germany in the 30’s.)

Just a few weeks ago we had the hutaree (I may have spelled that wrong) incident, the Joe stack incident, and the pentagon shooting. All close together, and each one was specific to a group. Joe stack was probably linked by the MSM supporting the tea party and anti-IRS, the pentagon shooter being a 9/11 truther (with mental illness), and the most recent the hutaree incident attacking militia groups.

I can see the media is getting a little scared. The economy is in hell right now. The progress we have made is all for show. There is no real recovery. If you want to know why or how I came to that conclusion look at the 20% unemployment rate. Ask someone who has no job or lost their job a year ago, and ask them if they see a recovery. Ask a militia member if they feel that they are being subordinated because they are oath keepers and veterans? Instead of looking to the news for your information, do it yourselves and take a look around. Ask people if they see a recovery in their life. If they feel more stable or safe economically? Go to the tent cities around the US and ask them if they are better off? What would they say? what would YOU say?

IMO, the way I have been looking at the social situation, we are headed toward some kind of uprising in the near future. I am not calling for it, nor do I support it, but I see something coming through cues, clues, and news. It just seems like each side is stacking up for something. placing chess pieces in order before you strike.

There is a lot of stuff happening in the past few weeks and this is my crappy analysis on it. If you wish to add reasons for, or reasons against my analysis, please add to the thread.

EDIT: TITLE

[edit on 4/13/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
More reasons why i smell revolution or something of that nature within the US and world.

Constant sanctions on Iran.

Blind support for Israel in the middle east regardless of the outcome it can bring (WW3 IMO)

congress, and the house being bought and paid for by lobbyists.

+ a lot more...

still thinking.

EDIT TO ADD:
Music like this is tarting to come out. Of course underground, but it shows the underground is waking up. people are waking up.

Will add more reasons later.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It's definitely time for people to stick together and do something about the things they are unhappy with...

The problem is- people are scared...they are scared of the military for one, scared of having to start from scratch- (although many are already having to do that)...

I've always said this, and I will say it again- Why are masses and masses of people afraid to stand up to a minority?

I also suppose since we have been disarmed, it makes it more difficult to defend yourself... When I think about an uprising, I also think of army tankers and brain washed soldiers 'serving their country'...And that scares me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'll be honest the reasons I see for revolution come down to just one word... Taxes.. Plently of civil wars/revolutions happen over taxes.. It's that regardless of religion cause the unites everyone.

And if we in the West hit another batch of revolutions (repeating the 1600s) I feel fairly sure that historians will point to a certain tax ect as being the straw that broke the camels back..

Until then I think we'll grumble, we'll moan but we won't get off our bottoms until they start taxing us to the hilt.. One unfair tax to many and then the Establishment will be fair game

That is if the Establishment doesn't throw us into a major conflict first to distract us all

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Your absolutely right. that is scary. why the majority wont stand up to the minority.

fear? brainwashed? hopeless?

maybe, but the people need to man up and stop hiding behind big brother because big brother doesn't care about you. Big brother is only there to protect special interests, and to dismantle any 3rd party movements in the USA, and the world itself.

all you see in the news are weapons of mass distraction, like the tiger woods sex scandal. HOW IS THAT NEWS when we are in 2 wars, an obvious violation of the Geneva convention in that wiki leaks video.

its a sick world.

can it cure itself without falling to the world banksters?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Just to add a silly little tidbit...seeing the member above me posted something about taxes...

After this hefty electricity price hike, and fuel price hike- They are going to increase our price of WATER!!! Seriously, I would love to see how that turns out! Or not...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I don't think I agree. You've offered a number of reasons why you seem to think there ought to be a revolution (well ya know, we all wanna change the world) and as far as that goes I reserve public judgment for a number of reasons. But you don't seem to offer any evidence that there WILL be a revolution. Ought and will are different things. Between the spasm and the motion falls the shadow, don't ya know?

You're discontented. Fair enough. You've presented a long list of grievances, and I appreciate the effort you put into enumerating all of them and providing links. But those of us who have been around the block a few times have seen people making predictions like this for a long, long time. Much ado about nothing, I suspect.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EzraBuckley

This isn't a prediction. I am just looking at the current trends, and how the house of cards may fall.

this is why i posted this in skunk works. its a thought, an idea, not a prediction. I don't like making prediction threads. this is possibly the closest ill ever get to writing one up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
here is some interesting info I found
which may corroborate your theory

Weekly Geopolitical News and Analysis100329: Most Americans may soon be banned from traveling overseas and US may also restrict imports under new regime

The United States is facing regime change as a result of the nation’s imminent bankruptcy, according to high level CIA sources in Washington and also senior MI6 sources. The information reaching us is that all the State governments except Florida, Washington and California are backing a return to constitutional law. The Pentagon is also on the program with people like General’s Schwarskopf and Stubblemeyer leading the patriotic forces. There is talk of action starting this week and this photo of Obama on March 26th shows us he is clearly worried and stressed out about something:

he speaks of Regime change as leaked by the CIA and MI6
here's the link, look halfway down the page

benjaminfulford.typepad.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Fair enough. In that case, let me say that my own assessment is that I've seen things closer to the edge and nothing has happened. You make a number of excellent points and I share some of your discontents. I think the system is rigged too beautifully, the deck stacked too effectively, for much to change. I don't even think the people have it in them to try. I don't think this is an accident.

Still it's nice to see people who still care. Keep fighting the good fight as long as you can, mon ami.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Going back to my original point about taxes... we've all NOT started to repay these bailouts and the money printing (yet) and the interest rates are still being sat on to ensure people are not put in the position that they will rebel.

Streamlined (haha) industries with smaller workforces, higher levels of underemployment, massive wage cuts accross the board all factor into the mess we find outselves in BEFORE we enter the repayment phase of the bailouts/money printing.

Even ignoring the present anger that exists across society as a whole.. there is no new tech or new industries to create enough new jobs that can swell the workforce enough to spread the pain of the new taxes when they hit..

We are in a loop and it will be at the repayment phase (taxes) where all the issues you mention will start to hit the streets, but it will be the taxes that I feel will unite everyone against the establishment.

I am sure they know this, and that is why I feel concerned they'll create an external conflict big enough to distract usand prevent us uniting against them.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Good points.

Taxes were triggers to past revolutions. I wont be surprised if that's the case this time around. the HCR bill that is going to be in full effect by 2014, and the world weening off the petro dollar by 2018. 20% and climbing unemployment, mixed with new taxes, lower wages, no industry...

Just seems like we are not headed in the right direction.

I could be wrong, we could be in a turn around.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
There will never be another revolution. There are a large of amount of people who have let paranoia take over their mind and would love the idea of a revolution but no one will do anything. The only revolution taking place today is the millions of fingers aimed at the government blaming them for anything they can.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Revolution will never happen in America. We're too lazy and ignorant a people for a true revolution to occur. All the MSM would have to do is run a news story on the cozy new FEMA camp that you can take a train to and live in luxury for free. People are so blind they would be hopping aboard willingly because the TV said it was cool. Makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

The revolution has already begun. Those with eyes to see and ears to hear know this. It may not take the form you expect, but it is there. One must look below the radar and in the shadows. The criminals running our so-called government are already looking over their shoulders, but they can't see.....yet. When they do, it will be too late for them. There is no paranoia, there is only resolve. There is no fear, there is only purpose.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There are only three states that have not accepted the alleged Restore America plan, but still they seem to be doing nothing. If I'd managed to get 90% of the country on my side, revolution-wise, especially in a peaceful manner as they have claimed to done, I would be dropping leaflets from the sky to proclaim the good news to everybody, and to let the people of those three states know that they're being left behind. So, what do we do now? How long do we wait? Perhaps they need to show up at the headquarters of CNN, FOX and MSNBC at the same time and take over their normally scheduled propaganda for some truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It doesn't take a majority to start a revolution, just a fair size crowd. Most Americans in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War never fought, nor were involved, nor had much of an opinion about it.

70 % of the colonists didn't want rebellion with England. NC didn't want to go to war with the Union...and was the last state to seceed. However, when the conflict starts, and people are drawn in, and the bare face of the opponent is revealed...the size of the rebellion grows. How fast and how large determines the outcome of the rebellion.

Indeed, there have been other times when the US has approached the brink of civil strife and didn't. Again, as I have stated here and elsewhere, what will be the catalyst?

Allow me a metaphor... many people have charcoal and lighter fluid in close proximity to each other...and most days, nothing happens. However, when they come into very close contact, the opportunity to ignite is there...you just need a match. Sometimes it doesn't strike...ie The Compromise of 1850, sometimes it does...the election of Lincoln 1860.

So, the coals are smoldering, the lighter fluid is dripping with each news flash and legislation passed, where is the spark..to ignite the gas.

Poet and didn't know it...lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

when it comes to stuff like this. i tend to think that its true, but of course people on this site will have an intensified idea of revolution and acceleration because almost everything posted deals with it.

we should just wait and see on this and the like, cuz when it comes to america, we are too fat and lazy to do anything for years and years.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm too fat, because I want meat on my bones when TSHTF...as we all should.

It would only take 5% of the population to change things. 15 to 20 million people would completely overwhelm ANY and ALL resistance they could possibly muster, and "they" know it. No reason to fear anything but fear.

The biggest problem we have is simply a logistical one. How do we organize these 5% into real mutable action? "They" are working on this problem as we sleep and speak. Perhaps it's too late for that. Perhaps we should just LET it all come to a head and explode into reality all over the country at around the same time.

Or perhaps we could all come to realize that MONEY is the ultimate root of every single problem you stated above, and finally transcend it altogether. Have the ultimate strike or boycott of money if you will. An immediate rejection of all that money entails across the GLOBE, all at once...united in resource data acquisition.

Shall we set a date? Not as long as American Idol is on I guess... :/

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't see a revolution on the horizon. Quite the contrary. I see an intensification of the fascist reaction that begin in this country with the JFK assassination of 1963 and that first vaulted into power with the election of Richard Nixon in 1968. Maybe, just maybe, Obama may get a second term, but even if he does, 2016 will be the year that a Dubya-clone succeeds him to continue the work of destroying American democracy.

I hope that I am wrong about this, but too many people have been too content for too long with the present situation to make me hope for something better for America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join