It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockstar Games: Red Dead Redemption (w/game play)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"The GTA of the Ol' West"

I don't know if a topic has already been created for this game, but it looks to good to not share.

The name is Red Dead Redemption, a new 'action-adventure western' from Rockstar Games (the makers of Grand Theft Auto, Manhunt and Midnight Club).

The game is set in 1911; it focuses around a former outlaw, John Marston. Marston has been given the primary directive by government agents to kill or capture his former gang members, which includes his old 'friend' and gang leader Bill Williamson. If he does not do so, his family will pay the price.

Along the way Marston is given work as the game will use open world with sandbox environments and a free-roaming ability. The environments include frontier towns, deserts, prairies, and mountain passes.

The game features over 40 different types of animals that can be hunted including cattle, bison, beaver, bears, cougars, rattlesnakes, deer, wolves, mustangs, coyotes, wild boars, vultures, bighorn sheep, elk, ducks, other birds, and more to be revealed

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption]Wikipedia: Red Dead Redemption.

Below are some trailers featuring actual game play. I have to admit, the landscape is amazing! (Note: Casual scenes of violence shown)

IGN Multiplayer & Free Roam Trailer:

Red Dead Redemption "The Women" Trailer:

Last but not least: Red Dead Redemption "The Law" Trailer:

[edit on 13-4-2010 by groomlake9]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
me and my friends are awaiting this game....the multiplayer just seems to be awesome!! thanks for posting

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Went and reserved my copy yesterday. Can't wait for it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Who has it? Picked it up this morning. Pretty awesome.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I have it... loved every minute of it.

100%'d the single player and have 3 MP trophies left until i get my platinum trophy (PS3).

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Red Dead Redemption is probably THE PS3 game that I have to admit, had the best storyline thus far. I've played through a ton of different games on the PS3 (some with story lines some without, Madden/NHL), and nothing really touches this plot. The character, John Marston is instantly the Chuck Norris of video games and it is easy to fall in love with his goals in the game. The game play? Smooth and flawless - Man, I've never played a 3rd person shooting game that was so fun. GTA 4 was good (personally like San Andreas better), but still neither quite touch RDR. The only thing that would make the game better is if it had the ability to destroy any building with a sledge hammer (a la Red Faction: Guerilla). Even at that, it's a bit unrealistic but fun as all heck. This map is pretty large, takes a while to travel from place to place on horseback. There is a fast travel feature while camping or riding in a stage coach. Probably the number one thing that shocked me the most was the wildlife they incorperated in the game. I forget how many wild animals exactly you can encounter but my gosh...All of them can be killed and looted for items you can sell to the shop keepers in the game. It's just amazing.

Bottom line, RDR for either 360 or PS3 is a must buy...seriously. Go now. Buy it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

That zombie DLC looks pretty badass. I'll be buying that.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Pity i already traded in my copy

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
dont want to spoil it for those who havnt beaten it...but i was so bummed at the end of the story...then when you complete the side mission afterwards "RED. DEAD. REDEMPTION." i got chills...sooooo good. definitely one my top list..
btw way did anyone get though red dead revolver? it really good too if you liked the western theme

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
anyone get a chance to check out the Undead Nightmare DLC? Totally cool and hella hard so far.

*****MILD SPOILERS******

Blackwater, where your forst real missionm starts, is swarming with zombies. I was overcome by them twice so far. I like that the thrust of the story is finding a cure and not just blasting the undead in their domes. I have played a total of ten minutes thus far because it took forever to download and PSN did not see fit to have it ready until 9PM. Anyway, the game play setting and mood are just awesome from a horror perspective and it's totally cool to get to play as ohn Marston again
edit on 27-10-2010 by illuminotreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
one of the best games I ever played. Definitely Game of the Year!
If you don't have it get it the price has dropped.
Story just keeps going and with the mini games it's perfect!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

na, i thought gt5 on ps3 was best game.

I am not fan of those games

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Really Gran Turismo 5? Like every other GT game out there.
What happened to photo-realistic graphics?

Loving RDR and UN. Online liars dice FTW.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
RDR is arguably the best game ever created. When you consider the single player, the multi player, the expansions, etc... I can't think of a game that does those things better. I'm currently burnt out on it but plan to get suckered back into it in a month or two.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I had bought this and GTA IV and played this for a bit
then went to GTA IV and played that for a bit and was disappointed (but will still play it though )
and went back to Red.
This game is great so far.
I shot an armadillo and was like cool, then I walked near it
and it had skin with "Y" I was like ok then
that was cool, wife was like OMG
Shot a crow in the air and POOF
we had a laughing fest at the movie house
even after reading the manual before playing the game
I still had a hard time remembering that the red bar is not health.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
where the hell is red for PC? so disappointed

top topics

join