It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New hope for cancer patients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The people at University College Cork, Ireland seem to be working overtime in the search for a cancer cure. They have just announced a new way to deliver drugs straight to cancerous tumours without affecting healthy cells. The method is a pro-biotic found in yoghurt. They have found that the bacteria moves safely throughout the body only stopping and growing in cancerous tumours.

They say they will be able to modify the bacteria to deliver anti-cancer drugs straight to the cancer cells.

The Irish Examiner

The research centre was also in the news recently with their research on using Turmeric to cure oesophical cancer.

www.associatedcontent.com

No doubt the Turmeric research will dissapear because there's nothing in it for big pharma, but the yoghurt delivery system still needs expensive chemo drugs so no doubt we wil hear more of this.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Theres another experimental treatment I read about recently that involves injecting a specially prepared metallic element into the bloodstream, which for some reason accumulates in certain types of cancer. Then they direct low power microwaves on the body, and the only cells that are damaged are the ones that have this element in them (i.e., cancer).

It was still in the early research stages when I read about it, but the treatment had been at least partially successful on rats.

With all these new advances, a real cancer cure could be on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great to hear that Cork is making a contribution.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by rexusdiablos]

join