It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked U.S. Document Calls For "Global Regime" To Tackle Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Leaked U.S. Document Calls For "Global Regime" To Tackle Climate Change

www.infowars.com

A confidential U.S. government document obtained by the London Guardian highlights the ongoing agenda to create a structure of global governance in the name of combating climate change.

“Titled Strategic communications objectives and dated 11 March 2010, it outlines the key messages that the Obama administration wants to convey to its critics and to the world media in the run-up to the vital UN climate talks in Cancun, Mexico in November.” The Guardian reports.

The newspaper says that the document (full text below) was “accidentally left on a European hotel computer” before it wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is it folks. The time for waiting is over. The time for debates over. They have confirmed it. from the horses mouth. a global regime to stop "Climate Change" The New World Order is in its final phase. and it is dieing. it is in an all out sprint. we must stop it. It is 50 ft from the finish line but keeps on falling (IE COP 15 failing) we have to stop it. step one is getting this article out to EVERYONE!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is nonsense. Read the alleged "document." It appears to have been hastily written by a moderately bright 10th grader on a caffeine and sugar high. Say what you will about high ranking functionaries, but they can sling jargon and string clauses together like pros. This was amateur hour. Consider the source. Consider the writing style. Not even close to buying it.

Again, apply the following litmus test:

A document purporting to prove some conspiracy you don't want desperately to believe in is mysteriously "discovered" laying around in plain sight. It's amateurishly composed. It's leaked to Prison Planet. Now keep in mind this is NOT one of your pet paranoia projects for which you desperately want proof. Do you believe it based on this evidence? What's that? No?

Right.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
S&F , nice..

If the source is real or not, it speaks of whats to come.

here in Norway, we have this Lieing PrimeMinister, he is parading around the world pusing the Deadly Co2 agenda yet he knows it is bogus science.

I know he knows so when he keep on pushing the lie, he is a fraud, he aint MY primeminister and I stand by the other thousands of Norwegians against this scam to steal, robb me of my money...

I will buy 'stolen' gasoline if it comes to that, and I agree also that our PrimeMinister is Fired from he's possition (On Grey Paper).

And if it continius,I make it so I get on wellfare so they must pay me rather than I work to finance their criminal activities.

And this is from the Guardian:
Guardian.co.uk:US denies climate aid to countries opposing Copenhagen accord

The US State Department is denying climate change assistance to countries opposing the Copenhagen accord, it emerged today.

The new policy, first reported by The Washington Post, suggests the Obama administration is ready to play hardball, using aid as well as diplomacy, to bring developing countries into conformity with its efforts to reach an international deal to tackle global warming.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzraBuckley
This is nonsense. Read the alleged "document." It appears to have been hastily written by a moderately bright 10th grader on a caffeine and sugar high. Say what you will about high ranking functionaries, but they can sling jargon and string clauses together like pros. This was amateur hour. Consider the source. Consider the writing style. Not even close to buying it.

Again, apply the following litmus test:

A document purporting to prove some conspiracy you don't want desperately to believe in is mysteriously "discovered" laying around in plain sight. It's amateurishly composed. It's leaked to Prison Planet. Now keep in mind this is NOT one of your pet paranoia projects for which you desperately want proof. Do you believe it based on this evidence? What's that? No?

Right.

You give these folks much more credit than they are due.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by PACRIM]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

It seems kind of ignorant to me to trust something like this without a credible source.

If I wanted, I could leave info like this on a computer.

The real conspiracy is that for the first time we have an administration who is fighting for us, and the profitability and power which is being eliminated as a consequence of this administration are fighting back and creating documents like this to convince ignorant people like those in this thread who would eat this up without thinking for a second that it could be a fraud.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by brianmg5]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Go to College and take an environmental science class, Global warming is real.

So much ignorance. You are the result of manipulation from those who don't want to see new policy related to global warming affecting their bottom line.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

So much ignorance. You are the result of manipulation from those who don't want to see new policy related to global warming affecting their bottom line.

You're assuming that everything taught in an environmental science class is without a doubt correct. They also say terrorists brought down the twin towers.

Global warming is real, but so is global cooling. One or the other is always happening, and will always happen. As humans we are not speeding up the process of global warming. In fact abundant amounts of C02 is actually kind of helpful...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Biggest mistake: You sourced Info Wars....

But hey, it's a cool, we like living in fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What's the difference between this document and the UN's Agenda 21?

It outlines pretty much the same agenda without the cloak, dagger and hype:

www.un.org...

It's been implemented locally worldwide. I can vouch for this in my own locality.

(S&F btw)

[edit on 13-4-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Of course everything taught at a college must be true and factual without any errors, ommisions or bias [sarcasm]. Please take your climate troll self and educate yourself on the truth not regurgitate all the facts you hear at college.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

Mark Twain said it best:

"I never let schooling get in the way of my education."

I understand global warming is real but what I reject based on the "computer model science" is the anthropogenic swing to it. I'm all for enviromentalism and caring for the planet, but science is heavily tied into politics and the fact of the matter is a CO2 trade system helps nobody. If governments and corporations really cared than profit would no longer be the bottom line but sustainability.

A market driven by profit fed through consumption is at odds with their supposed "concern" for planet earth and its well being. This is simply to bilk us while they continue to pump out more products than the entire planet could possibly consume.

people who question the climate change issue are not all concerned with their bottom line only. The players on both sides of the issue have that concern at heart. Little old me only cares about not getting bilked any further. I recycle and use a produce or compostables bin and rarely put out a bag of garbage at all. I do what I can and the business world dumps all over the planet, rips the forests to pieces and turns the ocean into sludg pits. These same corporations are spliton both sides of the issue and the only reason for the disparity is they both see ways of making money from their stance.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by thebulldog]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by thebulldog]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Biggest mistake: You sourced Info Wars....

Though I might normally be inclined to agree with that statement, the original source is www.guardian.co.uk...

Text of the leaked document:

Strategic communications objectives

1) Reinforce the perception that the US is constructively engaged in UN negotiations in an effort to produce a global regime to combat climate change. This includes support for a symmetrical and legally binding treaty.

2) Manage expectations for Cancun – Without owning the message, advance the narrative that while a symmetrical legally binding treaty in Mexico is unlikely, solid progress can be made on the six or so main elements.

3) Create a clear understanding of the CA's standing and the importance of operationalising ALL elements.

4) Build and maintain outside support for the administration's commitment to meeting the climate and clean energy challenge despite an increasingly difficult political environment to pass legislation.

5) Deepen support and understanding from the developing world that advanced developing countries must be part of any meaningful solution to climate change including taking responsibilities under a legally binding treaty.

Media outreach

• Continue to conduct interviews with print, TV and radio outlets driving the climate change story.

• Increase use of off-the-record conversations.

• Strengthen presence in international media markets during trips abroad. Focus efforts on radio and television markets.

• Take greater advantage of new media opportunities such as podcasts to advance US position in the field bypassing traditional media outlets.

• Consider a series of policy speeches/public forums during trips abroad to make our case directly to the developing world.

Key outreach efforts

• Comprehensive and early outreach to policy makers, key stakeholders and validators is critical to broadening support for our positions in the coming year.

• Prior to the 9-11 April meeting in Bonn it would be good for Todd to meet with leading NGOs. This should come in the form of 1:1s and small group sessions.

• Larger group sessions, similar to the one held at CAP prior to Copenhagen, will be useful down the line, but more intimate meetings in the spring are essential to building the foundation of support. Or at the very least, disarming some of the harsher critics.

The interpretation however is classic Infowars rhetoric.

[edit on 13 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzraBuckley
This is nonsense. Read the alleged "document." It appears to have been hastily written by a moderately bright 10th grader on a caffeine and sugar high. Say what you will about high ranking functionaries, but they can sling jargon and string clauses together like pros.

Yes but what if it was a politician? That certainly sounds like a very good description of one to me.

A document purporting to prove some conspiracy you don't want desperately to believe in is mysteriously "discovered" laying around in plain sight. It's amateurishly composed. It's leaked to Prison Planet.

But they're linking it from the London Guardian

Here is the original source
Guardian

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

You're assuming that everything taught in an environmental science class is without a doubt correct. They also say terrorists brought down the twin towers.

Global warming is real, but so is global cooling. One or the other is always happening, and will always happen. As humans we are not speeding up the process of global warming. In fact abundant amounts of C02 is actually kind of helpful...

I'm not assuming, I've taken the class's and learned the science and now believe that global warning is very real and it's main causes are the burning of coal and the combustion of petroleum. I've come to this conclusion because the science is sound, not because I assumed they were telling me the truth. I question everything. Including people's claims that Obama is some evil dictator set to take over the world.

By the way, history class's may teach that 911 was real but physic's class's and chemistry class's wont tell you that the things which occurred on that day were possible. At best they will discuss the "mystery" of the physics and chemistry which supposedly took place on that day.

.........abundant amounts of C02 are not helpful unless you currently live in a cold environment and desire the temperature to raise a few degrees.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Personally, I take info wars with a grain of salt, Alex Jones draws a paycheck from promoting the NWO theories and the like, therefore with nothing to fear monger he has no job, so he maintains a vested interest.

As for global warming, it is also theory. Just as the earth warms, it also cools, it's called a cycle. What has yet to be proven is that the current cycle is the direct result of 200+ years of human activity (pollution) and not simply the transition from one part of the cycle to another.

The only thing that is proven is that the earth changes, and I find it more than a little egocentric to think we cause these cycles. Take a look around, open a history book, drought periods, ice ages, grasslands turning into deserts, it has happened throughout history including recorded human history.

We have only been excessively dirty little creatures for less than 300 years, come on, far larger and more physically durable species have been killed off.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Personally, I take info wars with a grain of salt, Alex Jones draws a paycheck from promoting the NWO theories and the like, therefore with nothing to fear monger he has no job, so he maintains a vested interest.

I can agree there but this isn't an inforwars exclusive. I wish people would read links before attacking the messenger.

Deny ignorance. Click the links.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

If every climate change activist was serious about CO2 levels, why don't they just stop breathing?

That will eliminate a few hundred thousand at least and bring total CO2 emissions down, part of it will be an instant effect but when the number of future breaths that will not be taken is calculated in the CO2 reduction will be dramatic.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

You assume that I attend class and say to myself, "oh, this is the truth what I'm hearing" but that's not the case.

My conclusions are the result of debate. Looking at both sides of the argument and recognizing, if possible, the side that is correct. In the case of global warming, it's a pretty easy call.

The people fighting it are those who have interests in profit loss from the reduction of fossil fuels. They fund the efforts to convince the public that it's not real.

I didn't just read a paragraph in a textbook and them come here and start posting. This is the result of discussions in class with people from both sides, and it's the result of science and what CO2 does. And in the end, I've come to the conclusion, along with many other independent scientists and others that Global Warming is real.

Education is not a bad thing. It is power. It doesn't mean the student becomes a sheep who will believe anything. A good education means you're taught to think critically about these issues and are encouraged to think for yourself.

Blindly believing some garbage supposedly left on a computer (without a credible source) is ignorance in essence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join