It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen what NASA is videotaping from space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I criticize some members that seem to hang out at YouTube looking for videos to then post here for comments. The reason I criticize is that a lot of the videos that are pointed out have not only been posted here ad nauseum, but quite a few show objects that we, the more experienced, know they are fakes, hoaxes and the result of CGI which result in non-supporting replies. I don't go to YouTube to fish.

However, once in a while I do see a video that I think could generate some interest and I've found one. Jim Oberg recently made a thread about space flight STS-131 in which he wants to show us that some individuals cannot tell the difference between debris, ice particles, and associated space junk. The individuals continue to want to believe that what they're seeing are UFOs. The more experienced members immediately realize that no, they're not UFOs but the tyros don't want to have their UFO bubbles exploded.

One of the videos Jim supplies a link to shows a shuttle videographer tracking a spent external tank: "STS-131 - External Tank Handheld Video". I did an extensive study of the video which resulted in my freezing 23 vidcaps showing some of the objects seen in this video.

But here is the reason for this thread. In one of my vidcaps, number 19, you see an immense object that at first looks like a 2-part island but you quickly realize that it's not on the surface of earth but above the clouds! Strange looking thing with "protuberances"!

So, because of another thread I just looked at I went to YouTube and noticed another video. This video looks identical to STS-131, tracking a spent external tank but an object is also seen "pacing" the external tank. It's a strange looking object which reminds me of the object seen in STS-131.

Lookt at vidcaps #19-22, then view Jim's video (STS-131 ascent 'UFOs') at
www.abovetopsecret.com... then go to YouTube and see the video (Strange UFO filmed by accident) at
www.youtube.com...

What are shuttle astronauts videotaping up there?

BTW, if someone here can identify the object in vidcaps #19-22 as an island and can supply corroborating images, I'll eat crow without shame. Just cook it well done!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Wow- What the heck is that?! At first I was thinking of "Sky Dragons" like the ones captured in South America... but then it appeared as a 3D object with shadow- is it a ship? Is it an organism? very awesome find thanks!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Looks like ice or some sort of bracket to me honestly lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What in the HELL?!

It initially looked like some kind of crack in the window or the camera screen, but the way it rotates seems to make that absurd. What is this...?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You
Looks like ice or some sort of bracket to me honestly lol.

You must be referring to the YouTube video. What about the object in Jim's video or the same in my vidcaps?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yeah, wow! WTF is that thing??? It is clearly above the clouds - very close to the fuel tank. I paused it at exactly the right moment and got a much more detailed look at it compared to the caps. VERY puzzling! Could it be just ordinary space debris? It looks far too large in comparison to the fuel tank. Nice find - very strange!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As I posted in Oberg's thread:
This is ice which forms on the nozzles of the main engines then gets sluffed off in orbit. It happens very often.

It is described by Mike Fossum in this video:
tinyurl.com/ydx37vz
You have to paste it to the address bar...sorry.

Here's the un-narrated version. The ice shows up toward the end.

Here it is written about;
spaceflightnow.com...

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
At first I thought it might be ice that was formed in the shape of a branch.. then when it rotates and right before it gets out of view, it kinda looks like a person with arms outstreched floating.

color me confused I have no idea what in the heck it is

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I always respect your input on these threads - But this AIN'T ICE!!!

I saw all of the little ice pieces flying around, the "Orbs" that people refer to and of course that is ice. We're talking about the HUGE ribbon thing with protuberances that looks to be 7 or 8 times the size of the fuel tank!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You didn't watch the videos I posted, did you?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

looks like a reflection in the window to me. Thats why as he tracks the camera down it looks like its moving with it then stops as he gets further down on the glass.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ya got me again!!! Yup, after I watched the vid you posted, I can see it better now. ICE!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Interesting catch, Shrike

Likely ice, although it's an unusual shape.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The Shrike.....

I have watched many videos such as these.

The pictures & videos show ice from the jettisoned fuel tank as per Phage.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Interesting catch, Shrike

Likely ice, although it's an unusual shape.

Being flippant..."female astronaut in lost d*ldo horror!" The "ice" is obviously the strap on belt.
Being serious... the "ice" looks more like some sort of coating material or thin sheet, but not a sky dragon, UFO or ectoplasm. And I'd be worried in case it was "important" from a reentry point of view.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Funky video

Threads like these initially make me scratch my head, and I have a quick hunt around for explanations. When I come up empty I fold my arms, make a coffee, and wait for phage.

Thanks again sir.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
At first I thought it may be some sort of weird technological device with some sort of mission, but after looking in at the zoomed in photo, it probably is just ice.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

One thing that has always amazed me about some Aliens and UFOs members, they think that Phage is the cat's meow and that when he gives his opinion, it's as good as written in stone. Well, I'm one of those that do not place Phage on a pedestal as I've found a few of his replies to miss the mark, just as everyone here does.

Ice my butt! Ice is identifiable. These "objects" are not ice, they have their own identity whatever they may be. The object that Phage calls ice is seen tumbling as is the object that looks like a lightning rod. The object I show on Frame 19 is fixed and the external tank flies past it. Here are the frames. Do they look like ice? Do they resemble each other? Isn't that object on frame 19 HUGE?

There are few authorities on this Forum and I certainly do not consider Phage one of them. He has his opinion and he, like everyone else, errs. He is human. He is not a god.

Lightning rod-like

Tumbling space debris

Huge, fixed object.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There is a good photo of a similar piece of floating ice, taken during STS-121 mission

S121-E-05138 (4 July 2006) --- This ice, floating freely several yards from Discovery, is believed to have come from the orbiter's main engine nozzles and was photographed by the STS-121 crew shortly after the spacecraft reached orbit on July 4. The presence of similar ice has been seen on previous missions and is a normal occurrence

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
[edit on 14-4-2010 by orangutang]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join