It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks plans to post video showing US massacre of Afghani civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Our troops need to be stationed on our borders protecting us.

Yep, you better watch out. Those tricky Canadians are probably plotting to invade you as we type.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
All i want to say about this is that wikileaks is a bastion of free speech and i have seen threads on this website claiming them to be a CIA front. Why exactly would the CIA run such a damaging front? It's utter nonsense.

On top of that i would point out that many governments are now trying to stop wikileaks, Australia already censored wikileaks and with the new UK law about the Digital Economy Bill the UK can also censor wikileaks. I made a thread about the UK and it's disgusting new bill.

It's coming guys, censoring of the internet because right now the internet is a seriously dangerous entity, the powers that be can't stand it. So while you can i suggest you expose every bit of corruption, because in the future the ability to reach so many people in seconds will be gone.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Wikileaks.org is doing something to fight back when alot of people want to and don't feel like they can. Wikileaks is. Why can't others. I hope what they are doing inspires others to do the same. Look at this document that they are trying to get implemented in Iceland thanks to wikileaks. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
reply to post by Looking_Glass

By doing what they are doing, IMO, wikileaks may be saving thousands of lives and altering the course of global history. This next video will have a huge impact on people who see it's opinions of the war in it's entirety.

I completley agree, and in addition, they are getting away with it. This is whistleblowing at its finest!

Something puzzles me though, how are THEY [wikileaks] allowed to blow this out in the open, is there a possablity of a good faction of the powers that be behind this?

Regardless, its all positive and about time too

Star for you sir

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

You know the sad thing? Many people, mostly americans see wikileaks as a terrorist organisation. I posted a thread about them and some peopel actually wanted them prosecuted as terrorists for exposing terible behavior from the USA government. They also suggested that wikileaks only attacks the USa which is obviously false.

I hope wikileaks continues for a long time, however in the future i can see wikileaks being infilitrated by various government agencies and destroyed. By that i mean the standard intelligence operation would be to feed them a story which isn't true, get them to accept it and then prove it is not true.

Discrediting a source is the common tactic of the intelligence services.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro

Something puzzles me though, how are THEY [wikileaks] allowed to blow this out in the open, is there a possablity of a good faction of the powers that be behind this?

Regardless, its all positive and about time too

Star for you sir

Wikileaks can do it because the simple fact is despite the terrible paranoia on ATS, the government cannot crack certain levels of encryption. Encryption means that ordinary citizens can provide information without being exposed.

Having incredible computing power helps you crack encryption but the sad fact is taht hackers (like myself) tend to be inside the scurity community, we tend to share new hacks because we are people who believe in freedom and we understand the importance of anonymity.

The ability to remain anonymous is directly proportional with the amount of corruption that can be exposed.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is interesting that Wikileaks also edits footage and the titles of the stories for ratings just like any other media outlet. I do not trust this one any more than I trust the corporate media out there. Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report actually dishes this guy up pretty good on his comedy show:

www.colbertnation.com...

It is interesting it takes a comedian to get to the truth of this rather dubious site.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Hi Devil,
Looking at the comments section in the link you posted, one commentor has said that there were three families killed in the missile strike in the Iraq video, has anyone else heard about that?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think it would be safe to assume that this is for real considering the track record for wikileaks. I only wonder the conditions not seen in the tape after the latest video debates. Some good points were made that we have no idea what the conditions in that particular area being videoed are the rest of the day, week, or month that is not being recorded. It did expose some definite wrongdoing on the other side. If this video comes to light and we see what is described, will anyone be held accountable?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We can just give them a couple sheep and they will forgive us(emphasis on sarcasm). I really hope this video doesn't show what they say it will. It seems as if TPTB are allowing this type of information out to get people fired up, start a revolution and get out from under a financial crisis by starting a "Second American Revolution". There are rumors that Wiki is a CIA front and in these days/times it's getting harder and harder to pin down true motives.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianInRI

I think it would be safe to assume that this is for real considering the track record for wikileaks. I only wonder the conditions not seen in the tape after the latest video debates. Some good points were made that we have no idea what the conditions in that particular area being videoed are the rest of the day, week, or month that is not being recorded. It did expose some definite wrongdoing on the other side. If this video comes to light and we see what is described, will anyone be held accountable?

rawstory.com

We can just give them a couple sheep and they will forgive us(emphasis on sarcasm). I really hope this video doesn't show what they say it will. It seems as if TPTB are allowing this type of information out to get people fired up, start a revolution and get out from under a financial crisis by starting a "Second American Revolution". There are rumors that Wiki is a CIA front and in these days/times it's getting harder and harder to pin down true motives.

That doesn't make any sense, why not just give it to Reuters anonymously , (who first asked for it, but didn't get it) and it would have been seen all over the world on a much bigger scale

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How is this a shock to any of you? During ww2 in dresdan we killed 100,000 civilians...who complained then? I'm sorry but this is how war goes, if they were to come on american soil do u think civilians would be safe? Not at all....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neechi
How is this a shock to any of you? During ww2 in dresdan we killed 100,000 civilians...who complained then? I'm sorry but this is how war goes, if they were to come on american soil do u think civilians would be safe? Not at all....
just to make it clear, the British bombed Dresdan. The British bombed at night.... it was payback for the Germans bombing of London.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

when is wikileaks going to publish war crimes of all countries? what happened to fair and balanced?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Australia already censored wikileaks

No we haven't, also its worth noting that the latest release from wikileaks of "indiscriminate slaying of civilians" was over the top. A fair few of those 'civilians' were armed, and they were shadowing a US patrol, the Reuters gentlemen were standing with, photographing as they were about to engage a coalition patrol.

ill attach a pdf that may help a little

PDF

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakemill
reply to post by SaturnFX

when is wikileaks going to publish war crimes of all countries? what happened to fair and balanced?

They can only deal with what they have got, and as far as I know they appear to have a source in the Pentagon in regard to the Iraq video. We should be thankful for that, Wikileaks like most of us are not omnipresent.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Americans need to step back and take a long hard look at what we are doing. Sadly when the first video was released I was vexed by the amount of the "To bad, so sad, its war" and general flag waving that was going on in responce to the story (not here really but on places like Yahoo.)

At the time I wondered aloud "How many of these videos will it take to wake up the public?"

We may find out very soon. Since the gulf war there has been a theme of painting war as clinical and precise, with "minimal civilan casualties". These words may allow many to sleep at night but the truth is that they do not absolve us of our responsiblites as citizens of America and the world.

American karma is about to hit rock bottom, there will be a price to be paid by all of us . Honestly we are paying some of that price right now as our blood and treasure seeps into the endless sands of the middle east.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by BrianInRI

rawstory.com

they don't need to incite the whole world, just Americans. It's a purely hypothetical scenario, but in the espionage game there are double/ triple/ quadruple agents etc. The information that's out there is difficult to disseminate in a way that will allow you to rely on that information and make decisions that will benefit you and yours lives. The age of information also paves the way for the age of disinformation.

That doesn't make any sense, why not just give it to Reuters anonymously , (who first asked for it, but didn't get it) and it would have been seen all over the world on a much bigger scale

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoraX

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Australia already censored wikileaks

No we haven't, also its worth noting that the latest release from wikileaks of "indiscriminate slaying of civilians" was over the top. A fair few of those 'civilians' were armed, and they were shadowing a US patrol, the Reuters gentlemen were standing with, photographing as they were about to engage a coalition patrol.

ill attach a pdf that may help a little

PDF

Your link requires a download, while I would like to see the pictures, I am dubious about a direct download. Can you not have the pdf files themselves online somewhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Hate to piss on the bonfire here but how is this going to be any different than the Neocon's much touted "shock and awe" campaign against the capital of Iraq? Anyone remember that disgusting war crime?

As revolting as that was to watch, I can't see how this will top that cinematic display of madness but I'll wait to watch the video for one more example of how the good guys take care of business.

The Bush era was a rub it in your face faction of unaccountability. Obama will do nothing more than protect his paymasters. Nothing will change because of what's released, mark my words.

You could pile bodies of innocently slain in front of the door to those who were stupid enough to follow those gangsters for 8 years and they'd still dig up some clap trap of justification for it.

Please forgive the cynicism folks but after those gangsters got away with invading Iraq, instances such as we've been seeing lately, as well as those that we've seen in the past (Abu Ghraib etc.) were bound to be the order of the day. Many of us knew this and were extremely vocal about our opposition to a criminal enterprise at its inception. And as of now, many of us know the futility of expecting a reckoning to those responsible for these past events. They did this because they knew that that could get away with it. At least in the world of man they knew that they could. I wouldn't want to be them in the next world and that's for sure.

But ok, let's all see what evil brings as I'm not advocating this video not to be released. It is our right to watch it and we will be indebted to wikileaks for their efforts once again. I'm just ranting because I know that it won't change a damn thing now. The horses are all ready out of the barn.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When are you people going to realize that we can't "...just get out
of Afghanistan." Of course the country is destabilizing, and of
course the anti-American sentiment is growing in the entire area.
we knew this would happen but have not achieved victory yet.

If the pipeline that is to be built across Afghanistan were to be built
under the conditions that exist today, maintaining the pipeline's safety
would be almost impossible. And it would cost the private oil companies
millions and millions to maintain, hurting their profits.

And think of the huge waste of resources, planning, and preparation.
The whole entire 911 attack and all of its behind the scenes manipulations,
the trouble passing and maintaining the Patriot Act. All our endeavours,
from marginalizing the "Truthers", to controlling the 911 investigation,
and the intricate steps we had to take involving the gaffe of building
seven and the traces of thermite that were found...give me a break...we
CANNOT just pull out.

The reasons are many, but to name a few.

If we were to ~pull out~

The generation of new terrorists we were hoping to create would nearly
cease. We would have only a few years left of fear induced control of
the world.

Also, our American companies would have to pay probably billions of dollars
to secure THIER OWN pipeline when we all Know that most of these
companies are owned by American interests. Haliburton, Brown and Root
would lose BILLIONS and be forced to lay off highly paid workers...
where is your Patriotism(sic).

Not to mention that this has been planned for YEARS, elections bought,
heads of state bribed, the blood shed by those who wouldn't cooperate...
all of this would be lost...wasted.

So stand up America, show your support, show your Patriotism. support
our troops, support our president...They know what they are doing
and they NEED ALL OUR HELP.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join