It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks plans to post video showing US massacre of Afghani civilians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

WikiLeaks plans to post video showing US massacre of Afghani civilians

rawstory.com

The whisteblower website WikiLeaks -- which exploded onto the national stage earlier this month after it released a video recording showing US servicemembers shooting two reporters and six others to death -- says they plan to release another, even more harrowing clip.

The clip will show previously classified footage from US warplanes that had been tapped to bomb Taliban positions in Farah province, Afghanistan last year.

Adds the UK Telegraph: "The Afghan government said at the time that the strikes by F-18 and B1 planes near Granai killed 147 civilians. An independent Afghan inquiry la
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think it would be safe to assume that this is for real considering the track record for wikileaks. I only wonder the conditions not seen in the tape after the latest video debates. Some good points were made that we have no idea what the conditions in that particular area being videoed are the rest of the day, week, or month that is not being recorded. It did expose some definite wrongdoing on the other side. If this video comes to light and we see what is described, will anyone be held accountable?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Will have to wait and see. I remember when this was originally reported in the news...made a thread about.

We apologized for the deaths....but if this video is released and it is damning...it's not going to be good...especially after the protests today in Afghanistan.

We really need to get out of there. The whole region is destabilizing.

Here is an article after the incident initially happened:

US Denies 147 Civilians Killed in Afghan Violence

Video of the aftermath of a disputed incident involving American forces and the Taliban shows bloodied bodies of children laid out with other corpses, confirming international Red Cross findings at the two remote villages in western Afghanistan. The U.S. military does not contest that civilians died but called "extremely over-exaggerated" a report by an Afghan official that as many as 147 were killed. Afghans blame aerial bombing Monday and Tuesday for the deaths and destruction. President Hamid Karzai said the airstrikes were "not acceptable" and said the government estimated the number of civilian deaths to be 125 to 130, according to an interview with CNN on Friday. "We cannot justify in any manner, for whatever number of Taliban, for whatever number of significantly important terrorists, the accidental or otherwise loss of civilians," he was quoted as saying.

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
deleted

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Do you think that maybe this video might prove we lied by denying the civillian death-count?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Do you think that maybe this video might prove we lied by denying the civillian death-count?

It's possible...but whatever the case...we admitted we killed innocent civilians...MANY. If this video pops up and it's looks terrible...it's not going to be good.

Especially if children died....there will be gigantic outrage if there is video of children being wiped out...and there should be.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
These videos are important to watch...even if its a clear mistake...

People need to watch the videos and realize what war truely is...so that never will the "bomb the hell outta them" philosophy is seen as a disgusting trait by cavemen verses some aspect of America that makes us great.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Quite frankly this should be getting much attention. This video would be far more damaging than the other video wikileaks released.

Crazy times we are living in devildog. We need to get the troops home. People were protesting 4 Afghan deaths today in Afghanistan...burning tires...etc.

What happens if this video goes public?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

These videos are important to watch...even if its a clear mistake...

I hope we don't see children being killed...man that's not good at all and the last thing I want to see....although if it happened....it needs to be seen so people would get off their warmongering craziness and come to their senses.

1/6 American soldiers are on anti-depressants.
the suicide rate amongst our soldiers is the HIGHEST EVER in our history.

I hate war...hate it. It just keeps getting worse. There is no end in sight....not to mention...WE CAN'T AFFORD IT.

6000 soldiers dead and who knows how many civilians have died who were caught in the middle.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I agree. Whatever the case may be, this is real and it is terrible and it should never happen anywhere. The good guys are never supposed to take innocent lives. We need to find alternate means of problem-solving.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Anyone worried about the ramifications of this video being released? It will empower our enemies and make hatred for our soldiers increase even more.

Just have a bad feeling about this one...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC

I agree. Whatever the case may be, this is real and it is terrible and it should never happen anywhere. The good guys are never supposed to take innocent lives. We need to find alternate means of problem-solving.

Sadly, I don't think these wars in the ME were about solving problems, retribution for 911, or bringing freedom. Who profited from these wars?

costofwar.com...

These wars were about making the military industrial corporate arms manufactures and their stockholders, even more money. A package all wrapped up in red, white and blue, marketed with lies and sold to the taxpayers.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It would not suprise me at all if a group of target aquisition folks or intel cliques are purposely targeting civilian people in an attempt to have the US either forcefully removed from the region or by diplomatic means but nonetheless, out of the region by doing this. I mean how many civilian targets got hit during Desert Shield then Storm? Hardly any! I think something is going on somewhere by means of a group of people, or perhaps a few that are causing the targeting process to amount to nothing but a series of mistakes & blunders. Being a vet I hate to even entertain that thought but something about all of these civ deaths with all of our newer technology just don't add up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Anyone else see cracks forming in the damn thats holding back a lake full of lies called the "global war on terror" ?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Contractors, U.S. Intel., military intel/special ops, foreign intel., insurgent elite forces?????????????????

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
cant wait for the next release that last stuff was the bomb
maybe one day we will all realise that war is not the way it only leads to more war

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Whatever it takes to end this war then so be it. I don't wanna see our soldiers over there anymore. I am young and used to believe all the "stop the terrorists" nonsense but as I have grown I have realized something.

Rufus: You can change an idea; changing a belief is trickier. People die for it, people kill for it. From Dogma

This quote should suffice in what I currently believe in. These people aren't changing their beliefs because we are over there. They actually are spreading their beliefs because we are over there. Pull out and if we have problems out of a few terrorists then put a bounty on their head or something. Our troops need to be stationed on our borders protecting us.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Our troops need to be stationed on our borders protecting us.

I agree. Whatever it takes to get them out of the Middle East entirely and back on home soil.

The only way the people will wake up is by showing them the horrors and the reality of what is occurring.

We must continue to spread the truth to counter the lies.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking_Glass

By doing what they are doing, IMO, wikileaks may be saving thousands of lives and altering the course of global history. This next video will have a huge impact on people who see it's opinions of the war in it's entirety.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I mean how many civilian targets got hit during Desert Shield then Storm? Hardly any!

Hardly any?

I think about 3.5 to 4 thousand civilians. I agree, hardly any!

You guys also incinerated 408 civilians in one swoop:
Amiriyah shelter massacre

People staying in the upper level were incinerated by heat, while boiling water from the shelter's water tank killed those below.

And, technology? Technology can't tell you who is the enemy, who's a civilian, it can't tell you right or wrong - it hopefully shoots where you point it and hopefully doesn't kill you.

This is nothing tho, things will only get worse. You'll have more and more kids who just watched "300" and want to be ultimate warriors, and even get paid in the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join