It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Black Holes Create Their Own Galaxies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I missed this back in November, and after searching on ATS it appears everybody else did too, but it seems that black holes may create their own host galaxies answering the chicken and egg question of why galaxies hosting larger black holes also have more stars.

Dr Emily Baldwin - Astronomy Now...

Using ESO's Very Large Telescope, astronomers have stumbled across a black hole that may be building its own host galaxy, an observation that could help resolve a long-standing mystery as to why the masses of black holes are larger in galaxies that contain more stars.

The question of which came first, the supermassive black holes that frantically devour matter or the enormous galaxies where they reside, is one of the most debated questions in astronomy.

Astronomy Now

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is a wonderful idea that has been throw around for some time, to get an idea of the thought process please read for laymen the first page

www.mathpages.com...

if you understand that, go to these places to get the real picture:

For the mathematical details of the FRW standard Big Bang models, black hole solutions and, in particular, the model of stellar collapse that is a combination of FRW and Schwarzschild's black hole solution, see:
Misner, Thorne and Wheeler, Gravitation, Freeman (1973).

An excellent book giving a comprehensive guide to inhomogeneous cosmologies including white hole solutions is
Andrzej Krasinski Inhomogeneous cosmological models, Cambridge University Press (1997).

For Hawking's suggestion that black holes are also white holes see
Hawking and Penrose, The Nature of Space and Time, Princeton (1996).

The seascape analogy of Martin Rees can be found in his excellent book:
Before the Beginning, Our universe and others, Simon and Schuster, (1997).

I believe the math could be there if someone would take the time, it seems simple to come to the conclusion that the consumed mass of a black/white hole goes somewhere, why not to form all of us.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Reply to Coolhanddan:

Thanks for the link. My mind is completely blown now!

[edit on 12/4/10 by Insomniac]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think you may have been looking for this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's definately an interesting idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I think you might be right - my apologies!

MODS: Please feel free to close this thead in favour of Constantwonder's.

new topics

top topics

join