It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm the new guy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Or girl.

I think I've finally found a forum created just for me. I have, since from a young age, always wondered about the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I've made a few posts on here already, but this is my first thread.

I've noticed that a few introduction threads usually involve something different and exciting that may have happened to them as a child, as a kind of trigger or catalyst, but alas, I have no exciting weird stories, apart from the usual, seemingly dramatic 'abusive childhood' stories, which everyone has heard before, and I prefer not to mention it (unless it is relevant) because it's so worn out.

I have, however, always thought I was different, and not to inflate my own ego, I sometimes thought I was better than everyone else, much better than this world even, and am still trying to work out what the purpose of all this is. I love figuring out how things work, whether it be machines, people, the universe itself, history.

I have never even come across people who think along the same lines as I do.

There's much more to me, as there is much more to everyone else, but I'm afraid I've used the word "I" a little too much already. Sorry

Looking forward to discussing more topics with crirical and logical thinkers!

[edit on 12/4/10 by Ashtree]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashtree

Hi Ashtree, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashtree

Hi Ashtree, nice to have you here with us on ATS. I'm not sure ATS was specifically created for you alone, but if it was, then I hope you will still share it with the rest of us (smiles).

[edit on 12-4-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
From one newbie to the next, welcome! Interesting to hear your thoughts about feeling better than this world. Perhaps it's not quite being "better" but rather a heightened sense of awareness and connectedness?

Hope to see more of you on ATS!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Welcome to the community, enjoy your time here.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LaurenVirgo

Well, kind of. When I was younger I wasn't quite aware of the term 'enlightenment', I just couldn't understand why people didn't think the way I did. Even now I'm finding myself constantly annoyed and disappointed that people could choose to be so ignorant. But then again, who am I to judge?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well which is it? Make up my mind.
Anyway after you get your 20 posts in. Don't be shy, jump right in.

Here's a reminder that we seek the truth to deny ignorance at ATS.

Welcome. catch you on the boards.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! It's the bomb diggity dog man!!!!

Seriously, since I joined this site, my typing speed and skill has exponentially increased! Sometimes I get so excited over a certain topic that I want to type as quickly as possible before the thoughts leave my mind. Again, welcome, and feel free to check out my threads. They got some info that someone like you would probably enjoy. Okay bye!

new topics

top topics

join