It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentences or phrases written differently than before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have these strange incidents from time to time:
I read a phrase or sentence in some book, article, etc... and then some time later when I look at the same phrase or sentence again, it is different. Either different in some words or is re-phrased. Happened many times to me.
Has anybody had this experience before?
Is this faulty memory recollection or "jumping between parallel universes"? Or something else?

Thanks.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I'll fess up. Yes, this has happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past.
seriously.

2 times i convinced myself it was just maybe me reading what i wanted to read, or faulty memory.

However, on one occasion a girlfriend of mine and i were on the phone talking while we were both referencing the same book and what we had thought it said, we were familiar with the content, seemingly changed into a totally different sentence.

We had talked about the subject matter a week before and were referencing the same source and same material.

I can't remember the subject or book but i think it was a textbook from a class or something.

We read it and then came back to it a few minutes later and it seemed like a totally different sentence.

neither of us could explain it, and a couple friends thought it was weird.

We didn't talk much more about it. We weren't tired or under any influencial substances if anyone thinks about it.

All i have is ideas on the subject, but what can i say.

definatley a weird phenomenon if substantiated as something with merit.

I can't explain our experience, but the fact that i shared the experience with someone else tells me, yes, it has happened to others.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

assuming there is no demon possesing you or an alien larva controling your brain, this sounds really funny. ive worked alot with games like this before and you would be suprised how deceptive your own mind can be on yourself. most people dont knowtice it because they dont work with alot of people but all in all reality is what you make of it, or you and your friends want to make of it, or you and historians want to make of it.....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakemill
.... you would be suprised how deceptive your own mind can be on yourself.

very very good point.

we underestimate our own potentials. And the mind and body can do interesting things.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

yep, and if your not careful someone who knows their potential could be playing tricks on you too if your not maximizing that brain power of yours. not trying to make anyone on ATS paranoid
but you know what i mean

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Intriguing. I'm wondering--when the words rearrange themselves, does the meaning change? I mean, are the facts different when you reread the text, or is the only difference one of style?

This feels like a crucial question.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Being someone who reads an extraordinary amount of books I know what you're experiencing, and it is not what you might think, and it's good and bad.

I read books and re-read them a month or a year later as a reference point.

What you are experiencing is that your level of understanding and consciousness is raising in your awareness level, you are actually growing more intelligent, and while losing the original context of what you read, you are understanding what you previously read from a different perspective.

It is bad because we blame our own faulty memory.

It is good because it means we put something together with other information, knowledge, and wisdom learned throughout our daily lives and or with conversations with friends, or possibly reading other books.

It all depends upon your own unique experiences as I am sure it is different for everyone.

It has happened to many people I know and at first it freaks them out.

But we as human beings never stop learning.

It is what we learn that changes.

And that is a constant flow of information, remember, information is power.

What power are you allowing into your mind and how powerful will you be?

That is an unlimited source of inspiration and as well an unanswerable question.

Because the answer has not been decided until you accomplish it.

Hopefully, none of us will ever accomplish attaining unlimited knowledge.

If we do, obviously, it was limited, and we denied ourselves room to grow.

Deny Ignorance.

Godsmack - Awake

[edit on 12-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EzraBuckley

I mean, are the facts different when you reread the text, or is the only difference one of style?

The difference of style and re-wording.

Really intriguing phenomenon.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
happens to me with everything, books, magazine articles, tv shows movies, even words ill say differently. dont think your jumpin through parallel universes, im sorry but thats just retarded. thats like some gullable paranoid schizophrenic person thinkin it happens to them to and its being caused by Nibiru or the NWO. chill out man your just normal like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

This has happened to me. It also happens with movies or television shows where my memory of a certain line being given is different than the actual dialogue. So its most likely faulty memory.

Now we can't fully rule out the parallel Universes thing but it is a remote possibility in the extreme.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Something kinda funny thats related to words and phrases I just wanted to mention is that I noticed that when I hear a new word or phrase that catches my attention and I kind of think about it and I know for a fact I`ve never heard this before or seen it anywhere, and then later the same day or soon after, I will see it or hear someone say it again under completely different circumstances. Now I just went my whole life without coming across this and now it happens twice in the same day? I could be reading a book from the 1800`s that references this word or phrase which catches my attention for some wierd reason (you experience new things everyday, but they don`t all catch your attention in a wierd way) and then the other reference might be a new sitcom on tv or a guy standing in line at the gas station I hear talking about being in afghanistan. so you see, theres no way that the creators of the sitcom or the guy in line could know I was reading that book earlier (not that I would consider such a conspiracy anyways). It`s probably kind of a mind game (I mean a game your mind plays on itself), or "someone" sending a message? Maybe there is a message in your situation with phrases changing around? I don`t know but it`s wierd stuff, to be sure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join