It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard: Cutting Out the Middle Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mastercard has already seeded itself into the lives of so many people. Hundreds of families spend every day working to pay off their debt, they are really slaves to it at this point. Credit cards are waving tantalizing produts in our faces to get us hooked into a lifestyle we can't afford.

I could go on about credit cards, but I just wanted to show the ATS something interesting. There is less between credit cards and you now that MasterCard is opening its own online shop! It's similar to Amazon or Ebay.

You guys will love this too. They use your shopping history to find products you will want to buy. So if you bought lots of movies, they might suggest more popular movies or something along those lines. By shopping history, I'm not talking about the one on the website. I mean YOUR shopping history. Anywhere you use your MasterCard physically, it's going into the system to find what you would be most likely to buy.

To be a conspiracy theorist, I think I'm just going to stick shackles on myself and find a U.N. bunker to save them the trouble of catching me.

Silly me, forgot the link.
marketplace.mastercard.com...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Bananarama]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not related to the topic, but to the idea of credit slavery...

Friend of mine called laughing to tell me he got his MC statement in the mail today. Debt was about 11,800. Statement said if he made just the minimum payment, it would take him 32 YEARS to pay it off at a grand total of almost $33,000.

Why anyone would willingly sign up for something like that is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Holy crap! I'm glad I'm too poor to get a credit card. I can't even imagine paying it off for that long!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I ... don't get it. I have an extremely low interest rate on my MC. They boost your minimum required payment if you miss a payment. I managed to build mine up a fair bit and have a debt to pay now, but, know what? that card bought me groceries when I couldn't afford it, payed a few bills before crunches, a bottle of wine when I was down & really wanted one, helped friends out when they needed it too. So now I have to pay it back. It was script, sure. But the dollar isn't dropping like a stone or anything. Should they get nothing for giving me money when I had nothing? Loan-sharking might be immoral, but I'm literally paying no more than a couple percent interest on that loan.

I'm happy to pay it back, and was more than grateful at the time to have some money! What are we really whining about here, except our own spending habits! I just get a chuckle at so much anger based on credit, and I'm fully awake to Freemasonry, bankers control, etc. Thing is, we had the free will to choose, and it wasn't hard even at 14 or 15 to rationalize what debt could do a life. In fact, didn't we "know it all" better back then?! So what's this angst really about, huh?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's called personalized shopping.

Basically they use information mined from you, to determine what you will buy next. That way you see only advertisements for products you like.

This helps save $ for big business, because they are tired of airing a DOG FOOD commercial at my house, when I have no dogs...

With Personalized Shopping /Advertisement, you will no longer have to bother with commercials for products you don't need! Only dog owners will get dog food commercials now!

Cool right? Nope, WRONG.

It's just a slippery slope to the NEXT stage.

Personalized Pricing!

Basically the price of a product will change depending on who is buying it.
If you are wealthy, you will pay WAY MORE $ for the same product. If you are poor, you will pay way less.

See the price will be determined by YOUR WEALTH. AKA, food will no longer cost a set price, it will be based off Percentages % of your Income.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think it's accurate to say the rich will pay way more on something. In fact, the rich Are rich quite often because they are thrifty. They are simply wise about their money to shop at Price Club and other wholesalers, jump into real estate and stocks to make their money work for them, use the leverage of repeated sales on products such as books, web-sites, printable art, etc to do the work once and make copies of it, use multiple streams of income to bolster their income, and gather contacts who think alike to increase their wealth potentials! They are often hard working, want to retire early, and have a certain genious to pull through. We only really see the "evil" of the rich society through what they do with that money they've earned - and I'm by no means smearing everyone with a generality, I'm just saying, where evil exists.

As for marketing practices, that's just smart. If they want to track the fact that I bought three bottles of Botechelli in a weekend, because it's cheap, tastes like champagne, and my friends and I like it, then they go and price it accordingly - that's fine by me. So long as they don't break the trust I've given them with my card, we all get along. It's just market analysis on their part; this is probably a case of barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
HEY

Please read this and consider the information found herein.

There is no such thing as 'money'. 'Money' is defined as a debt instrument, or a credit instrument, or a promissory note. Money is debt; we live and work within a debt based economy. YOU CAN'T PAY ANYTHING BACK BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS BANKRUPT, ergo YOU are bankrupt. Your corporation (government) remains in commerce with your pledges of your future labour, and your taxes go to pay the interest to the IMF and World Banksters. You guys are literally the gold of your economy.

Do you know what a 'statement' is? It sure as hell isn't a bill, which is the only lawful way of asking for money. And do you know what you can do when you receive a bill? Write, on a 45 degree angle, 'Consumer purchase - accepted for value, returned for settlement'. + your authorising signature.

Do some research, there are many remedies. Paying credit card thugs with your sweat equity is not the way to go about these things if you expect to liberate yourselves from credit slavery. You have to research how the game is played.

Google "Mary Croft - How I Clobbered Every Bureaucratic and Cash Confiscatory Agency Known to Mankind"

You won't be disappointed.

peace

[edit on 13-4-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I use a prepaid mastercard. Everyone should get a prepaid card and through the old cards away. You will never ever get into debt and fraudsters can never run up a debt either. Why people want to use the old credit cards is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Maxed Out is a really amazing expose on the credit card industry:

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Watch full documentary here.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I use a prepaid mastercard. Everyone should get a prepaid card and through the old cards away. You will never ever get into debt and fraudsters can never run up a debt either. Why people want to use the old credit cards is beyond me.

Because they dont have any $$$ to pre-pay and get the card.

Therefore, they get the card that requires no pre-pay.

That is why.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Just quickly, ah, I'm not sure about the rich paying more and the poor paying less...
only because as an example - they found that McDonalds restaraunts here in Australia - Sydney to be more exact were not consistently pricing the meals ie. in suburbs that had a lower income generally or lower class demographic (so to speak) the price of a Big Mac for example was about 25-40cents more than in most of the 'upper class' or wealthier suburbs...

new topics

top topics

join