It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Bowing is fine. What needs to be understood is the angle to which the person bows at is the sign of how powerfull they are. The emporer would only show a slight tilt where as the common folk a large almost 90 deg bow is the way of showing respect to the leader.

US president was photographed bending to nearly a 90 degree angle when he greeted the relatively diminutive Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace on Saturday

www.telegraph.co.uk...

When he did this it was though he was saying "Im powerless" almost like an admittance of being a puppet on strings and his supposed power being illusory. If this is no mistake, is he sending a message about the truth being that POTUS does not run the country?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acd17b64ca6d.jpg[/atsimg]

This was claimed by the white house to be a sign of respect, but the emporer found it "disgracefull" apparently.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

but if you read what it says it says this lol

At least one blogger went as far as to call the president’s actions “treasonous”.

so they make a headline because of one blogger comment hilarious

[edit on 12-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Is it really such a big deal?

What is it with the Americans. Why cant they behave and show respect like every one else. Americans are no more human than any one else. Not even the president.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

[

At least one blogger went as far as to call the president’s actions “treasonous”.

He's handing him our nuke codes! I can see the paper!

It's 1,2,3,4,5.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah sorry I cant help the sensationalist telegraph captivating yet stupid headlines,

Another article with a vid about the event where I got the pic from
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

and
world.globaltimes.cn...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
When Obama went to China they treated him like dirt. Even the liberal New York Times said it:

Obama’s Pacific Trip Encounters Rough Waters

So it is no wonder that on the last day of the toughest part of his trip — the China part — Mr. Obama took a hike: a brisk, bracing 30-minute climb up the Great Wall. Around 3:30 Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Obama’s mile-long motorcade arrived at the Badaling section of the Great Wall, which snakes over jagged, rocky mountains.

Visitors to that touristy section of the wall generally encounter a cacophonous melee of vendors, but on this day, the place was like a ghost town, courtesy of the Chinese authorities who had shut it down. (The same thing happened Tuesday when Mr. Obama sped through an empty-but-for-his-entourage Forbidden City.)

Still, for an American president who has tried to make openness a hallmark of his public persona, it was a departure, made more stark since Chinese authorities largely hijacked Mr. Obama’s one other attempt at a give and take with Chinese students, a town hall meeting in Shanghai, by stuffing the auditorium with young Communist Party aspirants.

www.nytimes.com...

What has Obama's weakness given us? NOTHING!!

If they don't respect you and they see you as weak, they will not give you anything.

When Obama went to China, they showed him no respect and boxed him in like a little child.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My god...

they are a tiny people, aren't they.

Perhaps Obama was looking for the pot of gold nearby

ok, sorry...my bad...but as larry the cable guy says, I dont care who ya are, thats some funny sh$#.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

He can sook them if it helps this country for all I care. But he is not helping this country.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
What has Obama's weakness given us? NOTHING!!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

and queue the news:

Obama, China's Hu press for strong words on Iran
(AP) – 7 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The White House says President Barack Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao (hoo jin-tow) are instructing their diplomats to work on potential sanctions to make clear to Iran the cost of continued nuclear defiance.

The two leaders met on the sidelines of a U.S.-hosted summit on nuclear proliferation Monday.

White House national security aide Jeff Bader sought to find common ground at their hour-long meeting. Bader said the Chinese were "prepared to work with us."

He called it another sign of international unity on the issue.

Wow, it really sucks when your hatefest for Obama fails on every single front...but hey, keep it up...maybe you can decide to hate him for his choice in shoes?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
HANDSHAKE: A Western Culture to show respect

BOWING: An Eastern Culture to show respect

So, you are asking these two to do what? No bowing and no handshake?

From our point of views these two are showing Mutual-respects to each other regardless of the Cultural differences.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by yiersan]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

1,2,3,4,5 thats amazing I have the same combination on my luggage.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

What do you want him to do ??? walk up to the Chinese President and smack him in the face ???

No, shake the chinese leader's hand - like an equal.

Humbleness is a virtue, and bowing a chinese traditional greeting.

Then in the picture, why is hu not bowing, but appears to be laughing instead?

If you want to hate on Obama at least find something better than this. Whats next, a thread about Obama's pimp limp.

Or perhaps you could find something more positive to defend obama for.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
and what positives do other leaders do
they are all the same

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

[

He's handing him our nuke codes! I can see the paper!

It's 1,2,3,4,5.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David9176]

I see it

I also think he is looking at the Jpres's wife's booty via the reflection in the marble, wants to get all up in that kimono

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

And the asian leader in the picture you posted is laughing at obama, as well.

Sad, no pitiful ...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A thread about the President bowing to a Chinese dude has gone on for over 70 posts. I'd bet a dollar it will hit 150 or more. Half the replies are literally no more substantive than just saying "OMG HE BOWED IS HE GHEY OR SUMTHIN ROFL I CAN HAZ BIRTH CERTIFICATE NOW." Please archive this thread. Chisel it into stone. Bury that stone in a time capsule. When future historians argue about why the American Empire collapsed, they can dig it up and smack themselves on the forehead and say "Duh."

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

And the asian leader in the picture you posted is laughing at obama, as well.

Sad, no pitiful ...

And this fellow is about to bite a pillow, the Prince knows he's gonna get some...

Now this guy is real friendly

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a198726bca10.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Anyone who sees bowing as weak instead of confident respect has some serious self-confidence issues themselves.

Come off it all of you internet tough guys...if you had any confidence in yourself...you would know that you can show respect to a host and bow to them without showing any sign of weakness.

Apparently...Obama has confidence in himself...maybe you should take a lesson from him.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

100 bucks, says When Gas goes up to 4 dollars again... Nobody is gonna blame Obama,
but everybody blamed G.W. and so what Bush was holding hands with the Iron Sheik.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8199cc230c94e130.jpg[/atsimg]

I am really thinking someone got pregnant from this little rendezvous

Maybe if Obama give a reach around to Kim Jung he'll regain his sack and garner some neocon love.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

some neocon love.

Just imagine if this was Obama.

He'd then be a GAY muslim. Holy hell we'd all be screwed then!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join