It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
What's wrong with showing respect when you are in another country? It's just courtesy and diplomacy at work here.

Would you rather have crowds of people in other countries chase after him so they can flip him off and boo him? Like a certain other president we used to have who made most of the world hate us?!

They were not in another country, they were in the United States.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

How many other Presidents have bowed to all of these leaders?
I want to see the pictures.
You mean to tell me you can't show this guy respect by shaking his hand?
Why didn't he bow back to Obama?
You people are Obama sycophants.

Look at the pic again, Obama's 6'1" and Emporer Akihito's like 5'3" which he is bowed too, just at a higher incline due to the evident 10 inchh difference in height.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

What's wrong with showing respect when you are in another country? It's just courtesy and diplomacy at work here.

Would you rather have crowds of people in other countries chase after him so they can flip him off and boo him? Like a certain other president we used to have who made most of the world hate us?!

Oh well it's the same thing. Courtesy and diplomacy!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Man, Obama sycophants are worse than Bush sycophants.

I remember some Bush followers were the same way.

Bowing to communist leaders and leaving allies downstairs why you eat dinner is just silly.

He can show the guy respect by shaking his hand.

link   

He treats allies like dirt but bows to Communist leaders?

Enough is enough.

I agree, enough is enough...
I look forward to your 2012 campaign. Hope the platform of being a israili suck up and rude to anyone not on the cool gang list works well. Have you picked out your VP yet, or just going to wing it?

link   

Even better, that is a level of classiness that I haven't seen since the rat pack. Is this even a real thread that I'm writing in? Cause, its very surreal that were actually debating this topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes I do, I would rather have a hated yet feared leader.
then a fast talking weakling.....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I remember some Bush followers were the same way.

This isn't about BUSH REMEMBER?

Stop making this about BUSH!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well you said this was only about Obama, but you did ask for pictures of other presidents, so... (Sorry, don't know how to embed pics yet)

1.bp.blogspot.com...

Obama really needs to take lessons on respect and how to act like a real man from this guy

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Then you should go to N Korea cause thats exactly what you'll get there. That sounds like fun doesnt it. Wait, no it doesnt.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Exactly,

Reagan didn't say,"Please Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. Pretty please with sugar on top."

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I wish you all would make up your minds! Last week I was reading on here that Obama was similiar to Adolf Hitler and had plans to put us all in detention camps!

And now he is a simpering weakling...arrrrrggh!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Awolscout

Give me a break.

He can show him respect by shaking his hand.

He doesn't have to bow to the guy.

We need tough sanctions on Iran and China and Russia are standing in the way.

You can be cordial to the guy without bowing and kissing his ***

How is bowing to a foreign dignitary of equal power to yourself equate to kissing that dignitary's ass? It has nothing to do with weakness and it ha nothing to do with shaking hand's, if you go into a friend's home and they ask you to take off your shoe's do you say "Nah I don't do that in my home and I'm important their so how bout I just slightly dust them off in the doorway"? it's along those same lines.

Respect does NOT mean doing what you think is acceptable, respect is being able to adapt to how other's feel things should be done, respect is basically saying "I understand how you feel, now let me approach you where your at in life"...

If I can use a quote here about your idea of respect "You keep saying that but I don't think it mean's what you think it does"

P.S. equating nuclear sanction's against a country that has repeatedly attempted to make a deal with the U.S. and the U.N. for who know's what reason with bowing to a dignitary not even from that country is laughable at best and ignorant at worst.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

You will never win at this game; blind Obama haters always change the rules. I am impressed by the posters who don't like Obama, yet will defend him in this silly thread. There are still some sane people in the world

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

I would take somebody more serious who wasn't so obvious in the tank for Obama.
We don't live in a PC world, We live in a Violent one.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Reagan didn't say,"Please Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall. Pretty please with sugar on top."

I thought we were talking about Obama?????????

I post a few videos of Bush making friends and being respectful to the Saudi King....but I'm offtopic...but apparently it's ok for you to bring Bush and Reagan?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bowing is fine. What needs to be understood is the angle to which the person bows at is the sign of how powerfull they are. The emporer would only show a slight tilt where as the common folk a large almost 90 deg bow is the way of showing respect to the leader.

US president was photographed bending to nearly a 90 degree angle when he greeted the relatively diminutive Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace on Saturday

www.telegraph.co.uk...

When he did this it was though he was saying "Im powerless" almost like an admittance of being a puppet on strings and his supposed power being illusory. If this is no mistake, is he sending a message about the truth being that POTUS does not run the country?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acd17b64ca6d.jpg[/atsimg]

This was claimed by the white house to be a sign of respect, but the emporer found it "disgracefull" apparently.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

I agree with you. But, I do believe that Obama could be violent if he had to be. I believe he is aggressive in what he wants and that he can get things done. Thus, I don't mind that he bows to greet people. But, If I didnt believe all that then I can understand why you feel that way.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
im so sorry but they all bow to mark respect lol

en.wikipedia.org...

Bowing in Japan and Korea Bows are the traditional greeting in East Asia, particularly in Japan and Korea. However, bowing is not reserved only for greetings. Bowing is a gesture of respect. Different bows are used for apologies and gratitude, to express different emotions, humility, sincerity, remorse, or deference, and in various traditional arts and religious ceremonies. Basic bows originate at the waist and are performed with the back straight and the hands at the sides (for men) or clasped in front (for women), and with the eyes down. Generally, the longer and deeper the bow, the stronger the emotion or the greater the difference in social standing. Bows can be generally divided into three main types: informal, formal, and very formal. Informal bows are made at about a fifteen degree angle and more formal bows at about thirty degrees. Very formal bows are deeper. In extreme cases a kneeling bow is performed, which may be so deep that the forehead touches the floor. There is an extremely complex etiquette surrounding bowing, including the length and depth of bow, and the appropriate response. For example, if the other person maintains his or her bow for longer than expected (generally about two or three seconds), it is polite to bow again, upon which one may receive another bow in return, often leading to an exchange of progressively lighter bows. [edit] Bows of apology and thanks Bows are a required and expected part of any apology or expression of thanks in East Asia, especially Japan and Korea. Bows of apology tend to be deeper and last longer than other types of bow. They occur with frequency during the apology, generally at about 45 degrees with the head lowered and lasting for at least the count of three, sometimes longer. The depth, frequency and duration of the bow increases with the sincerity of the apology and the severity of the offense. Bows of thanks follow the same pattern. Bows of apology are frequently performed at press conferences by high-ranking members of a company that has performed some misdeed, such as producing faulty parts that resulted in a death. These bows are almost invariably performed standing behind a table; the tips of the fingers touch the table while the upper body, held straight, is lowered from the waist until the face is parallel with the tabletop. [edit] Bows of greeting Bows are commonly used in greeting, both when meeting and when departing. Bows almost automatically accompany the greeting phrases, but generally are no longer used among the immediate family unless addressing a family member after or in anticipation of a long absence or separation. Bows also replace speaking under certain circumstances. For example, when encountering again a person to whom one has already spoken that day, a silent bow replaces such phrases as "hello" or "hi." A superior addressing an inferior will generally only nod the head slightly (some may not bow at all), while an inferior will bend forward slightly from the waist.

wouldn't he look stupid if he didn't lol he just don't want pee anyone off

[edit on 12-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

No he wouldn't look silly, he's the President of the United States.

All he has to do is shake his hand.

President's have been shaking hands with communist chinese leaders for years. They were respectful without bowing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join