It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

We need tough sanctions on Iran and China and Russia are standing in the way.

And what will this accomplish?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wait hold on now, Obama is being criticized for being...polite?

He is the President of the United States, who cares? That doesn't make him better than anyone else. All of you nationalists are simply loony.

Being a polite good mannered person makes you a weakling? What a joke! They're laughing at us? What kind of world do you think we're living in?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The answer is simple, he is not one of them, not an elite or aristocrat. He rose to his position by those who influence, handle and control him, he is a servant to them, not one of them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You have to be joking.

This bowing has gotten him nothing.

You can show respect by shaking his hand. He could care less about Obama bowing.

What has China done as a result of all this bowing? NOTHING!!

We gave away our biggest bargaining chip with Russia to try and get tough sanctions against Iran. What did we get? NOTHING!!

I don't think people understand. The leader of China can care less about him bowing.

Obama treats the leader of Israel like sh!t and bows to the leader of China who will not help with Iran and in other areas.

How blind can people be?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I hope no one who doesn't like bowing get any kind of high political or corporate offices.

If you are in Japan and someone locally bows to you, you absolutely must (1 Take off your shoes before you entre and house and (2 return the bow, and bow at the shoulders.

Failing to bow before a Japanese person who bowed to you is a sign of respect as if you don't bow that is taken personally as not only a strike on them but a strike on the enitire Japanese culture and its people.

Any American however is under no legal obligation to bow before any current Monarch.

AS to Israel the world is now beginning to show the "Boy that cried wolf" too many times as all they want is war with anyone. STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT ISRAEL, Israel is now being known as the schoolyard bully for their consistent disregard for every single peace process we have been involved with constructing, we are tired of it, the world is sick of it. No one wants to see anyone or any nation wiped off the map but c'mon now.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Obama treats the leader of Israel like sh!t and bows to the leader of China who will not help with Iran and in other areas.

What does Israel have to do with bowing to China? Stop making this about ISRAEL. Besides...we just handed them 100 BILLION DOLLARS for a country that is smaller than MOST US STATES.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by David9176]

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Give me a break.

He's the President of the United States.

Look him in the eye and shake his hand. All of this bowing is just silly and it's sad how people will make excuses for these politicians just because they support him.

You think the Chines leader is going back to China and saying we will support the United States with tougher sanctions on Iran because this guy takes a bow?

And now for a reality blast

Meet Richard Nixon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6b0ccac4b69.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, go back to school.

and incidently, never run for public office...you would suck at it

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Lets just say they are laughing at us, I dont think they are but for fun lets say they are. Doesn't it put our country into perspective that we couldnt care less. We dont need to 'look people in the eye' to be strong and intimidating. We can be polite and cordial but also be a force.

Just extending on this, I wonder if the schmucks who advance the "OMG he bows like a little school girl" line of thought realize that when two very powerful Chinese men meet each other, they bow. It. Isn't. A. Bloody. Sign. Of. Weakness.

I really dislike Obama's persona and his policies. This is why it gets under my skin so much when people make absolutely daft arguments about the fact that he is well mannered and capable of keeping track of cultural norms. It tends to trivialize substantive criticisms of him.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

How many other Presidents have bowed to all of these leaders?

I want to see the pictures.

You mean to tell me you can't show this guy respect by shaking his hand?

Why didn't he bow back to Obama?

You people are Obama sycophants.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Might be a sign of respect in their culture, but did any of them bow back to him? If they don't it just makes Obama look even weaker for bowing to someone who does not even respect him, trying to respect their culture. Shake their hand, if they bow to you, bow back. Don't go around bowing to people who don't even respect you. That is just my opinion..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Aww you butt, you beat me to the pic...I was thisclose to posting it

It's a symbol of greetings, not of a defeat. I don't really see the problem.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

In that pic, the Chinese leader bowed to him as well. It even looks like the Chinese leader was bowing and Nixon returned the bow.

Why didn't the Chinese leader bow to Obama?

Why didn't he show the President respect by bowing?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

You know something about you gives me the impression that you don't care what Obama does, and you are dazzled by his politeness, Lets have a reality check all these third world dictators he has been kissing the butts of think he is a joke. where has all his politeness gotten him, He treats are allies like crap. but bows to the Communist.............. Somewhere John Wayne is crying.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

OMGosh! My FAVORITE president bowed to some guy! (I'm being sarcastic BTW)
Most.... of....... us...... here....... AREN'T EVEN REPUBLICANS!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You have President bowing and it's mutual and you want to compare that to Obama bowing to everyone from Chinese leaders to Saudi Princes?

Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why didn't he bow back to Obama? You people are Obama sycophants.

Wait a minute...I thought Obama was supreme ruler of the world? This makes no sense.

Syco Syco phants!!!! I want to be a Syco Phants!!! (Sing to Macho Man music)

You are blowing this way out of proportion.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Why didn't the Chinese leader bow to Obama?

Why didn't he show the President respect by bowing?

Why not write a letter and ask him?

All presidents bow, some a little nod of the head, some a full damn near kowtow...its called cultural awareness in general...in the same way that they shake hands with our leaders after.

You will learn more when you grow up and travel the world...that is if you travel of course..being sheltered can have a xenophobic outlook on the weird world we live in.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What's wrong with showing respect when you are in another country? It's just courtesy and diplomacy at work here.

Would you rather have crowds of people in other countries chase after him so they can flip him off and boo him? Like a certain other president we used to have who made most of the world hate us?!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

You know something about you gives me the impression that you don't care what Obama does, and you are dazzled by his politeness, Lets have a reality check all these third world dictators he has been kissing the butts of think he is a joke. where has all his politeness gotten him, He treats are allies like crap. but bows to the Communist.............. Somewhere John Wayne is crying.

Great point.

He treats allies like dirt but bows to Communist leaders?

Enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

How, that impression is coming from my siggy. Ever since I put it up the love level I got on here before has just drastically dropped, can't imagine why.

In fact if he did do something I didn't agree with I would not be happy and I would voice that opinion. I think hes doing a good job so far so i don't have a problem with him. I just dont see the big deal of him bowing. I think its a sign of politeness. I don't like Nancy Pelosi but there's pics of her bowing to the pope online and I don't see anything wrong with that either. Dont like the pope either!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join