It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

There is no difference between "royal" or not.. the US doesn't recognize "Royalty" as an official position above a normal head of state.. it's equal status, just because you are descended from someone, does not make you more important than other world leaders. Hence no other World leaders are bowing lower than their royal counterparts.. and they don't make a fuss about it either. I would like to see Obama meet the Pope and kiss his ring.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Obama as an individual is free to bow to whom ever he wants to on his own time. However, he seems to forget that in an official capacity such as this he represents our entire nation. A majority of which would not bow to anyone especially to a Communist leader on US soil. A simple respectful handshake should suffice between leaders.

For those who talk of respecting a nations traditions, I understand that. However, I don't see the typical Euro greeting of slight embrace and a peck on each cheek at these meetings.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Question:
Why does a duck walk and quack like a duck?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

You do realize that bowing in Asia is like shaking hands right?
Aww that doesn't matter. Any reason to bash him right?

Did you foam at the mouth when Bush went for a hand-in-hand stroll with Prince Bandar like a little be-otch?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Did you foam at the mouth when Bush went for a hand-in-hand stroll with Prince Bandar like a little be-otch?

I did. Though, it was more in line with "expressing friendship" .. when you look at their er... business deals.. their friendship was a little too ..... cozy.

But he didn't try and express submission to anyone. On the contrary, he was often very rude and inappropriate to some leaders.. like when he sexually harassed the Chancellor of Germany, Merkle.

Or there was .. who was it, clinton? Who went to a country and gave the thumbs up which was a rude gesture. Or Regean who went to countries waving his peace sign when it meant "# you" ..

Presidents are stupid.. no need to defend one just because he's "in your court" though.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama as an individual is free to bow to whom ever he wants to on his own time. However, he seems to forget that in an official capacity such as this he represents our entire nation. A majority of which would not bow to anyone especially to a Communist leader on US soil. A simple respectful handshake should suffice between leaders.

For those who talk of respecting a nations traditions, I understand that. However, I don't see the typical Euro greeting of slight embrace and a peck on each cheek at these meetings.

Just as the foreign leaders shake hands with our representatives, we've always tried to accommodate the traditions and respect of others when it suits us.

Bowing does not show that you're weak, it shows that you're strong. Showing respect is a sign that you're civilized and willing to see things from both sides. Some leaders may have done it more, and some may have done it less, but just about every leader has bowed or hugged or gone through some other non-traditional greeting to a foreign leader during their career. I'd consider Obama to be a more diplomatic leader than many we've had recently, so chances are good we'll see this more and more.

If you think bowing is a sign of weakness, talk to any respected martial arts sensei who could easily put you on the floor and see if they're weak. It's better to be seen as weak and then show your strength when needed than to show a strength that doesn't exist when needed.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I only wanted to post here to point out that THIS should be on TheOnion.com.

I'm waiting for the debate on whether Bush's kissing of hands of King Abdullah was more MANLY than Obama's bowing.

The President of the USA is in fact; "Mr. President." It is not a title but a job function - -though we've forgotten that. A President's job is mostly foreign relations if not in a time of war (but we've been at war since I was born .. so much for that loophole).

The Japanese were impressed with his proper etiquette and did NOT look down on Obama when he met their emperor. Humility and respect do NOT make you less powerful.

One day, a guy in a drab business suit, with partly balding hair and a very un exciting economy car is going to foreclose on your house. THEN you will know what power is and it isn't big muscles and tough talking on TV Wrestling. Grow the heck up!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I would disagree strongly but you're Irish so I'm gonna just star you

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness
Obama's bow is not a bow

rather the art of deception

HAARP is at it again...About 300 people have died and others are trapped under rubble in Qinghai province after an earthquake said to be magnitude 6.9, say Chinese media.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thia could be nothing more then a chance to get Japan on board with humanitarian aide package as PRC evidently needs as they deal with this recent quake.

Bows are also tradition when official state business is being conducted.

This was no "black operation" or "Psi-Operation" as some want to be conned or tricked into believing. Why must everyone use every forking thing he does to attack him for? That does nothing constructive or positive to boost our national morale as that continually prevents anything constructive to get done. Leave the man alone on this.

BTW, HAARP is not accountable to The President. HAARP can act independently according to current laws without requiring it to consult The WH. i.e. , they do not have to listen to The WH on anything it don't want to. This needs to be changed.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What maked me laugh was that when Obama visited Japan to see the Emperor of Japan, he rushed forward simultaniously shaking the hand and bowing, mixing western and eastern, such that the Emperor was nearly head butted. The Emperor pulled back just in time to get a close up inspection of Obama's lice infested scalp. The Emperors wife seeing this was greatly shocked, but hiding her emotion as Japanese do, she simply smiled.

SHIMONO

[edit on 16/4/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Your problem is that you hate the man more than the system.

I don't hate him, I don't fear him.
He is just a man doing a job as best he thinks he can.

To be frank, If he is as dirty as some would claim, it would be likely that you too would be forced to bow sooner or later.

If you spoke against Bush my apologies, if not remember your support and silence got us here.

If you live here in the States you had better be grateful that he is out there panhandling, bowing, brown nosing, whatever so long as we have the credit it takes to keep food in the supermarkets and relative (used loosely)peace on the streets.

There are people all over the world that would love to come here and put us to "work".

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just because in the West we shake hands, doesn't mean that it is the same in every culture.

In the West, bowing is a sign of submission. In the Far East and Middle East, bowing is a sign of respect, nothing more. It does NOT show weakness or submission.

People need to understand other cultures before they make criticisms like this. Crticisms like this only go to show American bigotry at its best.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

He dosen't. It's a show of respect that only some one sure of themselves and also has the balls, can do.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
that is a funny ass pic in the link
)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Bowing in those cultures is a form of showing RESPECT not weakness. To greet someone as an equal is all of a sudden a sign of weakness? Yeah, stop believing what you hear on Fox.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This thread is ridiculous. Many presidents have visited Asian countries before this and bowed back to whomever was greeting them. You guys are just nit picking.

All of this time energy used to talk crap about Obama over him bowing to someone could have been used for something constructive. Think about it.... After you do.... Think about it a lllllllittle harder.... Because I have a feeling that someone's going to have a problem with what I just said here. Haha!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

obamas a satanist right guys?
yes we can.
thank you satan.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
As a foreigner, I don't perceive Obama bowing as a weakness, as some people on this thread seem to think outsiders will see it.

I see it as standard diplomacy.

Sometimes it's a little unfortunate if he has to bow to a dictator, or some royal who doesn't have the respect/vote of their people, or some other odious character, but perhaps that is where it's most important, as those are the people with whom dialogue needs to take place the most.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Its too bad he cant show respect for the Kacsynski's of Poland. Instead...he plays his 32nd round of golf of his short term as president when Bush played only 24 over his 8 years.

Real nice guy..

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join