It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why Does Obama Bow Like a Weakling?

www.chicagonow.com

And for the award for the bowing-est president evah goes to: Barack Hussein Obama. Give him a round of applause, folks.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen and Democrats, too, this most supplicating of all president is at it again, bowing to the Chinese in a recent meeting. What is wrong with this man?

Here are the "best hits" of our weakling president lowering himself and our nation in front of kings, tyrants and foreigners the world over...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Why is Obama always bowing?

Today he bowed to the Chinese President and it's the front story on Drudge.

drudgereport.com...

Doesn't he realize he's the President of the United States?

I think it shows weakness. These guys laugh in the face of weakness. I know many liberals and progressives think that if we make them like us more by showing weakness they will give us something. That's just silly.

Please stop with the bowing.

www.chicagonow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You answered your own question. He is the weakest prez since
all time began.

+73 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What do you want him to do ??? walk up to the Chinese President and smack him in the face ???

Humbleness is a virtue, and bowing a chinese traditional greeting.

If you want to hate on Obama at least find something better than this. Whats next, a thread about Obama's pimp limp.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All the pictures made me chuckle. Lots of Obama butt in the pics as well. I think he's just trying to be polite. Nothing wrong with that.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
He does it for the hilarious reactions it draws from Republicans.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Give me a break.

He's the President of the United States.

Look him in the eye and shake his hand. All of this bowing is just silly and it's sad how people will make excuses for these politicians just because they support him.

You think the Chines leader is going back to China and saying we will support the United States with tougher sanctions on Iran because this guy takes a bow?

They are probably laughing about it.

Enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Really? Wooptie freaking doo. Who care's a bow in China is a traditional sign of respect, it's this whole attitude that's gotten our country so hated recently. That whole he's the president so he shouldn't great others with respect thing is pure grade A Bull... well you know.

If it's not one thing it's another, I might not be Obama's biggest fan, but find some sort of legitimate reason to criticize him. Nowadays it seems like if he woke up on the right side of the bed as opposed to the left everyone would be up in arms.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The answer is simple, he is not one of them, not an elite or aristocrat. He rose to his position by those who influence, handle and control him, he is a servant to them, not one of them.

He can command respect and adoration from the peasantry round the world, but he must bow before world leaders because he has to.

His role in what is happening is completely designed, not an accident.

Or maybe he feels he must show respect, and give away ipods because he is just being a nice guy who happens to be President of the U.S.A.?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

link   
reply to post by David9176

That means nothing.

We are not talking about Bush.

This is why people who are political sheep are truly sad. When Bush was in office I went after Bush for a lot of things. I didn't like his big borrowing and spending and his decision to go to Iraq.

With that said, this has nothing to do with Bush.

So Democrat sycophants, stop bringing up Bush when you can't defend Obama.

link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Give me a break.

Look him in the eye and shake his hand. All of this bowing is just silly and it's sad how people will make excuses for these politicians just because they support him.

You think the Chines leader is going back to China and saying we will support the United States with tougher sanctions on Iran because this guy takes a bow?

They are probably laughing about it.

Enough is enough.

Lets just say they are laughing at us, I dont think they are but for fun lets say they are. Doesn't it put our country into perspective that we couldnt care less. We dont need to 'look people in the eye' to be strong and intimidating. We can be polite and cordial but also be a force.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
First off, I don't believe Obama is regarded as a 'weakling' at all

It takes a strong and confident individual to adopt another's customary form of respect, knowing that in doing so, they are adopting the 'submissive' stance

that's why it's called 'respect'

Obama is thus publicly demonstrating respect. This in turn publicly bestows visible respect for the other, before the other's people

When someone comes to your home and treats you with obvious respect --- doesn't that increase your seeming 'worth' before your family ? Doesn't it make you feel good ?

People who're successful in the vast service industry know the importance of treating all clients, no matter how apparently humble, with what appears 'genuine respect' ?

Why does the service industry train its workers in the importance of the 'Yes Sir', 'Thank you Sir', 'Hope you enjoy your stay/day, Sir', ' If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know, Sir' ? Do they do it because they like expelling air ? No. They do it because it's good for business. Because it makes a good impression. Because it results in positive word-of-mouth. And because it generates return-business.

Why do clear expressions of respect increase business ? It's because it makes the client feel valued, important and respected. So obviously, clients enjoy being treated with respect

Obama would be very successful in virtually any industry you care to name. Because he knows and understands the fundamentals

Do Americans 'feel better' about themselves when foreign dignitaries are shown on the news to be treating American politicians, people and culture with obvious respect ? I believe they do

It's the same with the people of other nations -- particularly when it's the President of the United States who's seen to be respectful of them and their culture

I believe Obama is earning the respect of other nations. He's a great ambassador

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well you just said it better than I could have.

I fail to see how respecting other cultures is a sign of weakness.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Give me a break.

He can show him respect by shaking his hand.

He doesn't have to bow to the guy.

We need tough sanctions on Iran and China and Russia are standing in the way.

You can be cordial to the guy without bowing and kissing his ***

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Obama is acting like that TV sitcom guy "Merkle". Weak kneed and no spine.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Bowing is a sign of respect in their culture. Why should we force our customs on the world?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
sigh, it would be nice if we could get a strong president again, its been ages! yeah i thought obama could do it, but your right he is really starting to lose his spit shine and show his real colors, i just wish his colors were a little tougher then this. in geo politics its always better to be slightly to hard then slightly to soft, i mean we are dealing with the russians and the chinese here. and the countries with 2000 years of the worst human rights record goes to/ 1 china/ 2 russia

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

It IS traditional in Asia for the people there to bow to each other.
It is part of their society and is a way of greeting each other.

However, the President of the United States DOES NOT bow to
anyone. That is one reason why at this time we are perceived as
a country with a leader that is limp wristed. I suppose you are the
one that would smack someone in the face as you alluded to.

In political circles it is the custom to shake hands.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
He probably bows to China because they almost OWN us.
Yeah, take our jobs while we can't buy much of anything that isn't made in china.
We SURE KNOW that he wouldn't bow to the average American!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join