It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran urges UN inquiry into wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Iran urges UN inquiry into wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran's president has urged the UN to launch an investigation into the aims of Western military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The office of Secretary General Ban ki-Moon said that it was studying the letter from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad but had no comment.

Mr Ahmadinejad asked the UN to set up a fact-finding team.

Tensions are growing over Iran's nuclear programme, and its rising anger at Washington's nuclear policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's finally time that someone officially opposes the main stream way of seeing things.

I am seriously starting to have more and more respect for Ahmadinejad because he speaks his mind and refuses to be bullied by the rest of the world. This is someone with serious cohones and I really think that this is what is needed in today's world.

I think that perhaps he is preemptively arming himself with history concerning the fake WMD in Iraq. Preparing himself in the event that Israel or the US attack him under the same pretext.

Who knows... Any thoughts?

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am not sure it is that greatest idea to ask the UN of all places to conduct an investigation.

Remember this:

[edit on 12-4-2010 by groomlake9]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

That is pathetic. I wonder how much Israel paid these morons to walk out during his speech. Congratulations guys. History will remember your antics among those people who supported and enabled the palestinian genocide.

One holocaust does not justify another.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hello,
I'm really wondering why Israel seems to have so much clout with the world's governments, and why Israel always acts like spoiled rotten little brats when things don't go their way. I mean, what gives?

We give them their little hearts' desires (promised-land), and now we seem to owe our lives to them. I'm dumbfounded...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I have to agree that the clowns who walked out of the speech are not the ones who should be conducting these investigations.

I just think that the fact that he is showing that he is not afraid to go against the mainstream is what makes him one of the most powerful people on the planet. It's one thing to be surrounded by many who can support you, but when you stand almost alone against the entire world, you are the bravest and possibly the most powerful person in the world. Think of Gandhi, he faced the UK army with a group of followers and changed the world around him (I'm not talking about the methods used to convey a point by the leaders, just the parallel of facing overwhelming adversity).

I rather a leader who sticks to his beliefs and who does not waiver in the face of adversity than a leader who is a coward and who changes his/her mind to suit everyone else's agenda...

Perhaps, no, most probably nothing will come out of this with the UN, but we must face the fact that Ahmadinejad has generated some news and has conveyed some points to the world that woke up many people.

In time, more and more people will see things differently thanks to Ahmadinejad and others who denounce the policies of the US, the EU, and Israel.

In the meantime, I hope that this comes sooner than later...

Magnum

top topics

join