It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baptist priest on [trial for]"Satan" sex charges - news article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know, I am cheesy vulgar and sensationalistic - and in addition to that, I couldn't resist posting this.

This was evidently written by Giordano Stolley, dated April 13, 2010...and I'm in doubt as to whether I should say the link is to yahoonews or The West Australian, so I'll just punt...

Baptist priest on 'Satan' sex charges

A woman who was allegedly sexually assaulted at least 18 times by a Baptist pastor over 15 months believed Satan was using her to tempt him, a Perth District Court jury was told yesterday.
In his opening address to the jury, prosecutor Paul Yovich said the northern suburbs pastor had exploited the woman's religious beliefs and then attained her silence and forgiveness.
The former pastor - who is not named for legal reasons - has been charged with 11 counts of sexual penetration, seven counts of indecent assault, two counts of aggravated burglary and one charge of occasioning bodily harm against the woman.
Mr. Yovich said the woman and her family joined the church in 2000 after attending a Good Friday service.
She and her family became friends with the pastor and his family. The two even did missionary work together in Cambodia and Indonesia not long before the first alleged assault.
During 2004, the pastor declared his love for the mother of three and said he did not want to live a life of lies.
"She genuinely believed the devil had used her to tempt him," Mr. Yovich said. Mr. Yovich said the first alleged assault occurred in the early hours of New Year's Day in 2005 on the lawn of the woman's Perth home.
After her husband went to bed, the pastor is alleged to have quoted extensively from the scriptures saying the woman was Christ-like. Mr. Yovich said the woman fell asleep on the lawn but awoke to find her pants down and the man sexually assaulting her.
"He said it wasn't sex. He merely wanted to connect with her. He wanted to feel her Christ-likeness."
Mr. Yovich said the pastor, as he left the house, told the woman that "God loves you and so do I".
The pastor again allegedly sexually assaulted her at a cottage when she had gone to a church youth camp.
Later when the woman went overseas for her husband's work commitments, she discovered she was pregnant and had an abortion.
When she then spoke to the pastor telling him that she would be getting an abortion, he threatened to commit suicide.
The trial continues.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now obviously there are several angles from which to comment on this, but the one that makes me jump up and down is how the pastor seems to claim that he was turned on by her Christlike-ness. That would not make my pony stony...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think they are lying about most of it.

Here is why.

18 times over 15 months??

Yet she still lived in a DIFFERENT house??

Yet she STILL kept going back to this Church??

Time after Time??

OK. The Sex is Consensual Obviously.

Maybe the woman is married or something and is saying this so she won't look like she was directly cheating.

Sexual Assault usually involves Weapons, Threats, Violence.

Otherwise, how is it "Assault" if no assaults are made?

This woman is obviously HIDING something. IMHO, she CHOOSE to have sex with this man!

She had 15months of millions of opportunities to RUN AWAY, or contact the authorities.

THEREFORE, Consensual Sex.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Careful there. Call most Baptist pastors priests and they're likely to burst into flame. A Holy and Righteous Flame.

P.S. Lots of people find the ¨Jesus Look ¨hot. It got thousands of guys laid in the 70's.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I agree with muzzle

18 times is consensual
this should not even be prosecuted
its a waste of time

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I did think the falling asleep on the lawn, New Year's Day early AM, might indicate a little carelessness, possible drunkenness, kinda thing that might ease incorrect consent...I am not actually blaming the victim, I am just laying out one of some possible plausible scenarios, know what I mean...

join