It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man kills himself after being reported for joke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You guys are all way off base.

Cant you see the irony? I mean people who have lost limbs in terrible accidents in war etc go through hell and get prosthetics.

This story (and it can not be the whole story) shows us an older gentleman shoots himself because of the threat of suspension and being fired.

Having personally dealt with a lot of suicide the only common element Ive seen is a minute and mustard seed sized amount of instability with a means of your choice. It doesn't matter how or why someone kills them self and more importantly it shouldn't be a headline to advance some sort of agenda on speech in the workplace.

Private business move along folks.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
it is sad that this guy topped himself . I cant understand about the person who had to report him.Why dont people like this just stfu nothing to do with it...trying to be a "good citizen"...this is the reason you cant do or say anything anymore ,theres always some do gooder lurking in the shadows to catch you out or sue you or be offended or whatever!.life was better before all this political correctness ,liabililty bs .This do gooder was probably bashed at school for dobbing in other kids.get a life!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Political correctness strikes again!

Shame he felt the need to kill himself over that. I guess he thought he couldn't survive without his job/source of income. Why would someone report that? The guy wasn't offended and they both sound like good friends, it had nothing to do with whoever reported it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Mmm lets just say I am sure I am a lot older than you.

Experience and true comfort in your self means you don’t have to belittle others or categorise them, as I said If I am average as you say I would be the first, a truly "Hyper Intelligent" person would be aware of that.

I find your tone both patronising, showing a deep lack of self confidence, and also a delusion of your innate intelligence that makes you above or different to other people. However it is pretty clear that your emotional intelligence is very lacking.

How could I be baited I was sticking up for those you attempted to belittle, and make smaller than yourself, "having to talk slowly to them like a very slow child" unfortunately many on ATS have this delusion of grandeur...

I am not into waving my thing about and saying it is bigger than yours, lets just say I have much experience in and qualifications in psychology and psychiatric settings, and your issues seep through you language, sorry if that offends you just the truth, would you like to "explain it slowly to you?"

I would feel comfortable going mind to mind with you any day matey!

Knowing about suicide causes and prompts this was an emotional driver, not a secluded genius is closer to madness sort of scenario.

The highest stats for suicide are medical doctors, vets and dentists and they do not by any stretch of the imagination fall into the category of the Hyper Intelligent, by a long way indeed, there are many of them, it is learnt rote, the truly hyper intelligent are few and far between.

You might be interested in this post
How Do people With Iq's of 70-100 Think?

Get out more, mix with the "average" people you seem to think are everywhere, talk to them with respect and I am sure you will actually find yourself learning a lot about Emotional Intelligence, and also reality.

A little true story for you.

A very famous Japanese Zen Professor, had learnt all of the sutras, knew many languages and learnt most of the books in the library of the monastery he was in. However his practise and ability to become calm in mind, see all things as the same "such ness" or "is ness" to have progress in his meditation and omni prescience had not progressed for many years.

He went to the chief Zen Master/teacher and said

I don’t understand it I know all the sutras by heart, I can debate logic with the most skilled debater and win, I know all the history of our country and religion, I have learnt all the types and approaches of how to meditate and practise, I have memorised every written experience of "satori" moments, there is nothing left for me to learn here, but I can not progress what is wrong?

Where are the texts and teachings I now need where are they to be found, where shall I look for them?

The Zen Master smiled and asked him to sit down and partake in the traditional Tea ceremony. The Hyper Intelligent learned man sat next to him. The Zen master started pouring tea into the Professors cup. The cup filled up, but the Zen master kept pouring, it poured over the sides and started spreading out around the cup.

Master what are you doing? it is overflowing full?

Zen Master

Don’t you see you wise fool?

Kept pouring, tea going everywhere

There is nothing to see just you being stupid!

Zen Master

That cup is your mind, it is full, overflowing from memory, where is there room to put anything new?

Where is there room to experience true enlightenment when it is full of information and facts and figures?

Professor

but I can drink the tea and it will be empty again

Zen Master

your pride and facts and figures though, if drunk must give you a very bloated belly, you never let go of your facts when most of them will be replaced when you die with others proving your facts are wrong, its mostly rubbish anyhow.....

Go and Piss now, piss it out Now, let go

Zen master then turns the cup upside down so it’s empty, puts it down, smiles and says

Now you are wise, no there is room for growth, now real knowledge comes

Ther is no differance on judging people as inferior due to their culture, religion, anscestry, intelligense, physical attributes, abilities, implying anyone is inferior to you based on any part of their Physical, belief or cultural backround is an Ism, it is the same.

Same chicken differant feathers. You can hide your Intellectual Bombastity behind whatever you normally find works in getting you an ego boost, and belittling others, but this wise old fool has been there and seen enough in life to spot it straight away!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I am sorry but if the man offed himself over one suspension, that is pretty stupid. He had a lot more problems going on then.

Yeah I have to agree... that was pretty dumb. You gotta think there was something else going on and maybe this just set him off because that's just a piss poor reason to kill yourself.

If you lose your job at age 61 and your reason for losing it involves racial discrimination, you probably won't get another job. Ever. This is no laughing matter. The man could have been facing homelessness, for example, and in his old age. He was facing dishonor and the ruin of a good career built after many years. I don't condone suicide at all, but be careful before you dismiss his possible reasons for deep depression so easily. Something like this could certianly pitch one over into suicidal depression.

I agree, some people literally are enveloped by their job, so much so, it truly is their life. If they lose that job, perhaps said life goes with it. They say when people retire, often health problems start, where as people who continue working on something their entire lives usually live long ones. I think it stems from the need to feel a life has some importance and purpose. If you wake up every day and have no where to go, nothing to challenge you, and no one counting on you, its very easy to slip into depression which often causes physical health problems as well.

The sad thing is he wanted it to be over quick

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The guy who "overheard" the joke doesn't go to the toilet anymore at work. Once he leaves the cameras eyes, he will lose an eye

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Mmm lets just say I am sure I am a lot older than you.

snip ~ Irrelevant nonsense removed from quote. ~ snip

The Zen cup has been beaten to death. Most recently in the Movie 2012.

Again, you spout a litany of useless information to assuage your bruised ego. Completely irrelevant, completely useless.

Please take the next few days to compose an intelligent contribution to this thread, then once completed don't bother. Your examples are equating stress levels with intelligence, not even remotely germane to the topic at hand. Your PC liberalism is the only relevant aspect of your posts, which I am sure is incidental. The fact that you think you are even remotely capable of going "mind to mind" with me is really giving yourself far too much credit.

If you had half a clue, you would see what the long term ramifications of this thread are to the freedoms and future of the very people you hold so dear. But then, the purpose of your posts aren't about contributing to this thread now are they.

So please take your bruised ego, your impression of self importance and your rudimentary "Zen" knowledge back to wherever elves gather. Grown ups are discussing something here.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Lol well I dont really have much of an Ego to get bruised. And what is left would take something of force to do it, certainly not the delusions of of someone.

I have contributed my experience to what probably drove this event and views on it Here, I will feed the troll no more.

I hope you may do the same without being condescending to those you find you have to

Talk very slowly to
that being by your prose, the rest of humanity, except for yourself, your ego and the few "hyper Intelligent" you seem so sure you are part of.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

I hope you may do the same without being condescending to those you find you have to

Talk very slowly to
that being by your prose, the rest of humanity, except for yourself, your ego and the few "hyper Intelligent" you seem so sure you are part of.

Me thinks you really need to re read, abet slowly what had been posted. I at no point claimed to be anything more than I am, yet this fact is beyond your ability to comprehend. Dare I say that it is in trying to reason with you that my point has been proven far better than I could have presented alone.

You had contributed nothing except the derailing of this thread, which is unfortunate as it is the kind of incident that was expressed in this thread that will continue to drive the Orwellian agenda of the PTB.

..Ex

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join