It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press both Iran, Israel on nukes: Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Press both Iran, Israel on nukes: Egypt

www.breitbart.com

Egypt called Monday for world powers to press both Iran and Israel on nuclear weapons, saying that the Middle East should be a zone free of the ultra-destructive arms.

Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit, who is representing Egypt at a major summit in Washington on nuclear security, voiced hope that diplomacy rather than sanctions would dissuade Iran from nuclear weapons.

But he said the so-called P5 -- the five permanent members on the Security Council -- should press Israel on its refusal...
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is Egypt the only sane country left in this world?

It's about time someone, ANYONE, started talking some sense about what really needs to happen with the NPT and Israel!

And the bottom line is they need to join it, or STFU about Iran. Israel has no room to be pointing fingers when the rest of the world knows they are keeping an arsenal of nuclear weapons, and yet refuse to be monitored by the IAEA, or participate in any way in the NPT.

Oh, so now I am an anti-semite, am I? Just because I am sick and tired of hypocrisy displayed by Israel, and sick and tired of the incredible, overwhelming influence that a tiny country on the other side of the planet has on American policy?

Then fine, call me anti-semite, and I will call you a hypocrite as well. It's time we called a spade a spade, and called out Israel for what it truly is doing.

Iran struggles daily with attempts to demonize its sovereign right to peaceful, nuclear energy. And yet, it continually informs the IAEA of what it is doing, and stays in general compliance with IAEA demands. Sure, there are some small bones of contention, and a few minor things that prevent the IAEA from giving Iran a complete, full A+ compliance certificate.

But how can you possibly even argue that Israel comes anywhere close to this? Israel doesn't even qualify for a failing grade of F-. Because they refuse to have any part of it. And yet they continue to point fingers at Iran, and continue to try any way they can to incite world opinion against Iran.

I'm sick of it, I tell you. SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Mon Apr 12th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Excellent suggestion, but is it possible?

I agree, if you are going to prohibit nukes for one side and not the other how can you expect that "one" to willingly comply?

The key to saving the middle east and perhaps the world from war, is a more even handed approach to the nuclear issue.

Otherwise it is nearly assured that Iran will not relent, and Israel will continue to demonize them until they find a way to instigate some kind of attack or war, possibly threatening the security of the entire region, and between the super-powers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hello,
You're not an anti-Semite. Myself, I consider myself an anti-Zionist. Just to say so as I'm not prepared to add anything further. I jumped to post this before reading everything else. I'll be back. Good looking out.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

excellent
star and flag

its a shame that i doubt anything will be done about it and the major powers ever take a stance on Israel like it does on Iran

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It will never happen I fear, but it's a great idea. Kudos to Egypt's government for stepping up and saying this.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'll go one step further and say that anyone who has a nuclear weapon should not tell anyone else they can't have one.

If we're going to call someone out for hypocrisy, let's go all the way.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

And the bottom line is they need to join it, or STFU about Iran. Israel has no room to be pointing fingers when the rest of the world knows they are keeping an arsenal of nuclear weapons, and yet refuse to be monitored by the IAEA, or participate in any way in the NPT.

I could not agree with you more. It's about time someone tells it how it is. I'm also sick of how it's all ok for Israel to do what it wants and then make everyone around them look like the bad guys. They can "neither confirm nor deny" (a CIA term BTW) their nuclear arsenal, but Iran can't openly have nuclear energy? It's absolute BS...

Oh, so now I am an anti-semite, am I? Just because I am sick and tired of hypocrisy displayed by Israel, and sick and tired of the incredible, overwhelming influence that a tiny country on the other side of the planet has on American policy? Then fine, call me anti-semite, and I will call you a hypocrite as well. It's time we called a spade a spade, and called out Israel for what it truly is doing.

Don't worry about the idiots who can't see things the way they are. Their blindness will be overshadowed by the reality that will strike them someday when the world turns its back to Israel and its "chosen people". One day when the world will start to wake up to the country's BS and reverse Nazi regime, then and only then will people realize what people like yourself and I have been saying for a long time.

Iran struggles daily with attempts to demonize its sovereign right to peaceful, nuclear energy. And yet, it continually informs the IAEA of what it is doing, and stays in general compliance with IAEA demands. Sure, there are some small bones of contention, and a few minor things that prevent the IAEA from giving Iran a complete, full A+ compliance certificate. But how can you possibly even argue that Israel comes anywhere close to this? Israel doesn't even qualify for a failing grade of F-. Because they refuse to have any part of it. And yet they continue to point fingers at Iran, and continue to try any way they can to incite world opinion against Iran.

Once again, Israel's 2 faced government only makes our case easier to prove everyday and every time it makes a move... Time, my friend, will be our friend and Israel's enemy.

Only Israel can bring Israel down. It's a matter of time.

Magnum

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

I agree, and good point man. Although I wonder in retrospect after re reading this article exactly what Egypt is up to by coming out and stating this. After all, those that show any sense and follow closely the reports that the IAEA puts out on Iran's nuclear energy program, can easily spot the ridiculous LIES that intelligence agencies have tried to cram down our throats. They KNOW that Iran, for the most part, had stayed in compliance with the IAEA.

This therefore leads me to believe that Egypt's statements, while appearing to be a balanced view by demanding both Iran and Israel comply with the NPT and really, a complete nuclear-arm free Middle East, are really calling out Israel on this one, bigtime.
Because as of yet, no one can produce solid evidence that Iran is pursuing a nuclear ARMS agenda. But of course, Israel is long past that point. Pretty sneaky, Egypt! But well done.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hello,
Netanyahoo left the summit before the summit convened? Is that acceptable behavior for a Statesman? What, was his house on fire?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Congrats! I thouroughly agree with you.

I dont understand the US being toady to Israel either. I also believe Israel was involved in 911 just to get the us into Iraq. And now they are onto Iran. Just because Saddam and Amadinejad are against Israel Illegally occupying muslim land. Deemed illegal by International law and the UN, but nothing done by way of sanctions for over 40 years.

EU sanction against Israel petition here:
www.petitiononline.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think that lately a lot of people are getting sick of all the things israel gets away with.

especially the worn out calls of 'anti-semite' everytime israel is critised, or they have no counter to a valid aguement against there behaviour.

the way they are treating the palestinians is disgusting.

Next they will be insisting that non-jews wear a cresent shaped patch sewn onto there clothes.

I am afraid they have become the very thing they despised 60+ years ago.

and i nearly converted to one! gaza opened my eyes.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Oh, so now I am an anti-semite, am I? Just because I am sick and tired of hypocrisy displayed by Israel, and sick and tired of the incredible, overwhelming influence that a tiny country on the other side of the planet has on American policy?

Then fine, call me anti-semite, and I will call you a hypocrite as well. It's time we called a spade a spade, and called out Israel for what it truly is doing.

Iran struggles daily with attempts to demonize its sovereign right to peaceful, nuclear energy. And yet, it continually informs the IAEA of what it is doing, and stays in general compliance with IAEA demands. Sure, there are some small bones of contention, and a few minor things that prevent the IAEA from giving Iran a complete, full A+ compliance certificate.

[edit on Mon Apr 12th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

This part of your response to the article revels your intentions. You created the thread; nobody has called you an anti-semite. Why do people attempt to discredit their opposition by mentioning an argument that only the most ignorant of the opposition would use?

Iran has informed the IAEA of what they are doing in the nuclear facilities that they have told us about. They tend to have a new one pop up every now and then... It's also great how you just believe the Iranian governments claim that they wish to produce "peaceful, nuclear energy." I believe that the Iranian government wants peaceful nuclear just like the North Korean government wanted peaceful nuclear energy.

As for the article, I agree. The world powers should press both countries about nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
lol if egypt had nukes they wouldn't be saying what they said now would they.

second.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ahhh, Nuke Envy. If we can't have Nukes then Nobody should have Nukes.

But lets say Russia decides to get rid of every single Nuke, will the White
House believe them. The same is also true if it was the other way round.

Let it be said then, that Nukes will be around until foreever or unless, you know..
it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
This part of your response to the article revels your intentions. You created the thread; nobody has called you an anti-semite.

Well, it appears that my intentions worked, because so far, no one has called me an anti-semite! Bravo. Cause I'm not one.

I only said that in anticipation of typical pro Israel responses to threads like this calling out Israeli hypocrisy. "Oh, you're just an anti-semite."

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Good call. I was kind of thinking this myself. Don't get me wrong though, if I was in Israel I would want nukes. Regardless of what anyone thinks is going on in either country, Iran has publicly stated they think Israel should be wiped off the map.

I think this is a great point though. Why not pull the same tactics on Israel as any other country in the area? I think the problem though is that it's a known fact that Israel for the most part is surrounded by countries that hate it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I certainly agree there should be no Nukes in the middle east, but then again I believe no one should have such weapons. I certainly am not anti-semite, I used to think I had no racsist thought at all, but after looking at what America has done of late, and oh hello who is it that has actually used such a weapon. And hello who uses depleted uranuim as a weapon in Iraq for instance. If we are going to speak of these places shouldn't we be saying there should be no such weapon at all. What gives any person the right to have such power over others. America the great policers of the world. It makes me sick when I hear any one bring up a conversation like this and not mention the hypocritic and lying powers of any government lying to their own people to start wars over politics. Line them up against the wall, all of them and that includes my government when they sell Yellow Rocks to the highest bidder. I will stop now before I vomit... used to be proud aussie

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I see that there is nother country saying 2012 they will rid the country of nukes why? 2012 begs the question.

But yes why would on country remove all nukes from country are they not leaving themselves open for att with nukes think that is something that needs to be thought of as well hope they can all sign an agreement

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't think I am anti-semitic; mostly I'm an equal opportunity bigot.

I am, however, impressed by the number of U N resolutions which have been passed calling for Israel to change it's actions toward it's neighbors and how many are simply ignored.

Something keeps feeling a little one sided when we demand sanctions against one party but allow others to do anything they please. It is kind of like some people are better or more privilaged than others. I just can't see how this fits in with any long range policies either foreign or domestic.

I seem to remember once being told that as an American I was equal to everyone, would this not also mean that others should be considered equal to me??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join