It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma lawmakers and Tea party discuss forming a militia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think everyone is missing the mark here .

It is my suspicion that this entire militia-movement fiasco is a well-thought-out farce that is being put into place to further strengthen a police-run state .

Has everyone forgotten already about the 'Council of Governors' ?

It is my contention that all this 'militia' movement talk is being designed to create 'mini-militaries' that will police those ten districs that are being implemented.

Instead of being enacted as a defense against federal intrusion , they are most likely being implemented to further the strength of the fed gov .

It would be much easier to enforce 'law-and-order' within 'localized' districts , which would now have their own mini-militaries , than it would be to enforce control and containment on a nationwide scale .

These 'militia' movements are nothing more than 'crowd control' measures that are being put into place in advance of the storm that is on the horizon .

What better way to construct a 'police state' than to lead the people to believe that the militia is here to serve and protect them , and also have the people to believe that this is their own idea ?

Only to find out later that they have in fact , created their own prisons ?

Come on people , if a politician is telling you that something is white , then you better damn well believe that it is in fact black . Have we not learned anything at all ?

I care not if they are local , state ,or federal , a politician is going to lie to you ., I don't care who they are .

Do any of you actually believe that the feds are going to just set back and allow this to happen unless it somehow supports and furthers their agenda ?

The ten districts are coming . Martial law will follow . Militias will enforce that law .

WAKE UP AMERICA !

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 13-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
minus some economic issues and political back lighting so to speak,

Economic issues? The war was about that...the south wanted a slave based economy, the north didn't. The rest is minor in comparison.
Its like writing about the KKK but leaving out the racial bits because it seemed unimportant...they keep sheets white, they love hunting, know how to tie a knot in noose fashion in 4 seconds flat, etc...

sort of leaving out the most critical aspect.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Must the people of a country endure whatever actions are done until the next scheduled election cycle? Is there to be no recourse, no final check to the balances held by the people to be used except by permission?

You are joking right about the elections? Like the voting machines are not rigged? That there are NO voting machines that are not set up to be rigged. Microsoft is full of holes. Deliberate holes. The guy who programed the Diebold machines they got out of jail where he was serving time for rigging bank software. See Bev Harris Hacking Democracy

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
minus some economic issues and political back lighting so to speak,

Economic issues? The war was about that...the south wanted a slave based economy, the north didn't. The rest is minor in comparison.
Its like writing about the KKK but leaving out the racial bits because it seemed unimportant...they keep sheets white, they love hunting, know how to tie a knot in noose fashion in 4 seconds flat, etc...

sort of leaving out the most critical aspect.

Actually, unfortunately, the slavery issue was not the reason the country went to war. They threw that in to get more support for the war. English ptb wanted to undermine the US, and they wanted less competition from US northern textile factories, while the north wanted to force the south to sell to them and not the English. The English ptb, which is still meddling with our country as the CFR, is still trying to undermine us. but at the time of the civil war they were spending a lot of money trying to incite the south to rebel. The north should have been less stuborn and compromised on the financial issues, but then we should have just repealed slavery for it's own sake.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Well that's because you're ignorant and filled with blind hate toward the Militia's. Like a good brain washed citizen, you believe what the media says instead of facts. For your information, the marriage between a man and woman is what's right and natural. Homosexuality is wrong and a homosexual marriage would be a joke. Seems you have a problem with that. Too bad, it's their state and they can do what they want. You also show you do not understand the power of the states. I bet you'd bend over happily for the federal government.

It's ideas like this which make me afraid of militia's and some who support them.

Tell me exactly what else you believe is right and natural? What other actions would you consider wrong and would be a joke?

Obviously, you support a group of armed citizens to enforce the rights of the American people. However, we don't always agree on what the rights of the American people should be.

I personally don't see the good in getting a group of people with fire arms all fired up. They are going to have to take all that energy and direct it towards something. When the leaders of these groups realize the power they have, sometimes they tend to go on power trips.

It's not the best route to go down; however, this journey has already begun.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

then why demonize them all over the media?

seems counter productive to me, infact their demonizing was my first red flag.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well it sounds good but legislators are all talk and no action. This could be just another means to make people feel like they are doing something but in reality render them benign. If they are serious all they need to do is pass a bill reinforcing the county Sheriffs authority to arrest Feds violating the constitution and ordering them to do so!

Can you please show me where in the almighty constitution there is an authority of the good ol' boy sheriff to arrests feds. of which to reinforce?? Didn't they try that when the big bad feds. had to forcefully integrate the schools?? You people hate this country.

Best,
Skunknuts

Wow, troll much buddy? You seem to be baiting, with your reactionary comments.

I loved the part about , " you people hate this country"...

Could i ask you, have you ever read the constitution? If you had even a cursory knowledge, you would know the govt has been breaking constitutional law since, well at least 1913 with the Federal Reserve. Not to mention the huge number of illegal, subversive, covert, overt acts our govt has committed over the last 100 years or so...

I will NOT try to list them here, i am not your babysitter or teacher, and i will not waste breath and mental energy trying to explain something to someone who dose'nt seem to want to know.

Sorry for the rant...lol

[edit on 13-4-2010 by SilentBob86]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What I want to know. Is why weren't these militia's forming under Bush?
Why didn't we have these tea baggers under bush?

the guy was doing warrentless wiretapping and committing treason by outing a cia operative.

Why now? what changed?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

The importance of the potential need of militas like this will probably remain lost on you until your own god kings men start having their way (I'm talking of course about barack hussein obama who is a left wing extremist and a mussilim) you are gonna love sharia law (how do you look in a burka). The only thing that has ever stoped evil men from implementing their evil intent has been the blood,sweat and tears of good men willing to put their lives on the line,to do what was necessary and pay any price to stop that evil. a well trained and equiped milita has its uses as our founding fathers know.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

As long as you can 'demonize' them in the media , then this will give the 'patriots' the false assumption that these militias must be a 'good' thing , because , after all , 'aren't these militias being set up to counter government intrusion ? ' .

When , in fact , it is most likely the government's idea to begin with . This wouldn't be the first time that governments have used this ploy to dupe the people into believing that some idea has came from 'the people' when in fact the idea was 'planted' by TPTB .

[edit on 13-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

sorry even us tin foil hat folk draw the line somewhere. what your saying would require them to promote in some manner, this potential police force they are going to hijack. based on their current actions it seems more like they are trying to make the poeple scared of these militias, and by all sheepish accounts its working.

if they are planning to hijack the militias into a localized police force useing the poeple as the general muscle, scareing them out of recruitment seems more than counter-productive to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar
[more

With our loose gun laws and the recent vote to loose the permit on conceal & carry in Arizona, I am sure our state is on board. I know Texas is and New Hampshire obviously.

So, it only takes on to organize and get the word out. And trust me, it isn't going to look like the "People's Republic of China"

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
[more

With our loose gun laws and the recent vote to loose the permit on conceal & carry in Arizona, I am sure our state is on board. I know Texas is and New Hampshire obviously.

So, it only takes on to organize and get the word out. And trust me, it isn't going to look like the "People's Republic of China"

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
People from the Oklahoma LEGISLATURE are wanting to start up a militia??
They feel it's that big of an emergency, they think 'their rights are being taken away'. Where were they when gay people were paying (and still are) their taxes to their state but weren't able to get married. They don't share the same rights as 'normal straight people'. Oh, thats right,they were fighting making sure they were denied those rights. The hypocrisy is maddening.

Here's a fun quote:

Tea party leader J.W. Berry of the Tulsa-based OKforTea began soliciting interest in a state militia through his newsletter under the subject "Buy more guns, more bullets."

The one good thing I read was:

They say the unit would not resemble militia groups that have been raided for allegedly plotting attacks on law enforcement officers.

But honestly, whenever I hear the word 'militia' I just picture a gang without their colors, that level of violence and hate. Not saying that is what they're doing at all. Just saying what images that word triggers to me.

"Not saying that is what they're doing at all. Just saying what images that word triggers to me."

Than it looks like the media and TPTB have done their job of instilling in people a trigger or slide response to certain words or phrases to get a knee jerk reaction.

This is what seperates us and not unites us. That is what TPTB want, divide and conquer.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
When the good people of America have to form and use militias to secure their constitutional rights. there is a huge problem. I hope that we can "throw this monkey" off of our backs soon.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I love these hill-jacks and their delusions. Railing about Govt this and Govt that all the while walking their fat asses down to cash their social security and trailer park welfare checks paid for by tax dollars coming from the North East. What makes this country great lies on either side and as far as I am concerned the entire tea bagging ball gargling movement is just a tool of the right wing of the US govt which is destructive, totalitarian and wasteful in the extreme. Wake up!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Being a resident in Oklahoma, I have yet to see this info..but Im not close to OKC so its no suprise..however while Im all for peoples standing up for their constitutional rights..I feel that the last thing OKLA needs to be concerned about is a Okie Militia. The state of Oklahoma is under Finacial duress and I think needs to concentrate on dealing with that insted of making noise about "startin up a posse". State agencies are already performing employee fulrloughs and cutting budgets left and right..Tulsa is it self in a state of financial turmoil having laid off MANY police officers under suspicious circumstances. We need to get our finances in order first before we should consider such a act. Im not opposed to it per se..just to me the timing is wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What surprises me is how many here are paying what amounts to lip-service in regards to distrusting the government but are all-too-willing to trust politicians attempting to gather their own para-military force.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just a reply to any Americans.

I HATE America with a passion, the America of today. I love the old America, where the country was built off the sweat of the American back.. when it was the government of "We the people" not "We the corporations". When the American constitution actually meant something and wasn't a piece of paper that was amended over and over again to fit the ideals of the ruling cadre of politicians and its lobbyists.

When America was not just a group of stereotypes and a melting pot of double standards and corruption. It was a guiding set of ethics, principles and moral fibre that was in the hearts and minds of all citizens.

I'll be quiet now before i start rambling

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join