It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do People Fear Free People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What I find funny/ironic is that I have had family members tell me that they just want me to be happy when I have never said I wasn't! I live very simply and I live within my means. I am not tied to a mortgage on an upside down house. I can move anywhere at any time. I can provide my own food. Food, water, shelter. Those are the basics. Being tied to a job, or a certain area or house, I think takes away your freedom. You receive "stability..." or at least that's what people think it is. I don't, I think it's just more enslavement.

My family thinks there are certain things or situations that make you happy, but the world is an illusion in my mind and the real happiness comes from within. You have to learn to find happiness within because everything you have now will eventually be gone, friends, jobs, even your life. How will you cope if you never have learned to mediate, go within, find your own strength?

I'm currently rehabbing an airstream trailer which will be off the grid so that I can basically go anywhere and have the necessities of life. No mortgage. No rent, unless I chose to park it somewhere "civilized." I can make it on my own. I have found that the system...really only works to perpetuate itself and to make people think they need it. It makes people dependent patsies. People don't know how to take care of themselves anymore, and always think the cops or "someone else" will step up and take care of them. I'm not a doomsday person, but I see much artificiality in this current world, and I want nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The country lives on a grand hypocrisy. It's said that the people residing here in the U.S. have the right to pursue happiness. What is that suppose to entail? Only each person alone knows personally what makes them happy, not someone else, definitely not the government.

So, is the right to pursue happiness a big lie in the U.S? First, it takes being free to pursue happiness. But there are so many laws, and congress keeps piling them on. I can see all the fences up so to speak. So I figure I am free to ignore the laws I don't give a damn about before or after I execute my right to pursue happiness. Definitely the laws that try to keep me tied in some kind of bondage I dont like, I disobey right off the bat. Now that's how a free spirit breaks the chains of a government. Yes, with that line of free I'm talking about. I like to be stress free. When stress-free I am happy. So to exercize my right to pursue happiness I disregard laws that try to get me in a bondage of stresses.

It's like what is most important to me... Me being stuck in a bondage by some law that has an aim to put a person in a jammy they don't like as if you're suppose to follow it regardlless of who you think you are, or me stress-free to exercize my right to pursue happiness?

If me exercizing my right to pursue happiness makes me an outlaw ior an anarchist n the hyocritical U.S. that states we have the right to pursue happiness, then so be it. According to my right right there I technically have broken no law by ignoring them since my right to pursue happiness exceeds any confinement or any bondage or any enslavery as I freely choose.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yes, people fear free people.

It's the reason why when you advocate anarchy, people think you're a psychopath hellbent on causing mass chaos.

People don't even know what true freedom is.

What they don't know, they fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
reply to post by Tormentations

Do people fear free people? What do you think? And really give it thought.

Please just don't cause any harm to any innocent people who may come across your way during the "I'm a free person" stage of your life.

Nothing is free, cause & effect thing going on there. Thank you for your post, interesting reading, just don't do anything stupid.

This is what I'm pointing out that people fear free people. What makes you think I will hurt someone for you to advise me to not do so?

I don't set out to hurt anyone so as long as they aren't out to try to take away my freedom or subdue my peace of mind. Like Tupac said in a song called "Tattoo Tears," "Don't want to hurt a soul, so don't make me!" Trust me, a person like me has to be made first by another to hurt that other. Sort of like the saying goes: Mama didn't raise no punks.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

i hope you dont mind that i give my opinion here that is bit different then yours

it is not freedom that is feared by the systems and others, on the contrary all the systems are based on freedom reference and everyone is based on his individuality and personnal realisations and tastes, that all agree upon

and the star exhibiting his freedom with glory is applaused and given all he wants but

who is feared is the positive one, unlucky for him positive living sense mean undirectly when it is true based on freedom

i mean as a concept you cant be positive unless you are nothing else so anything else is not but the concept of you as positive source

so what is feared is to loose powers gained of lies meaning pretending being sources of objective things reality

and subjectively who fear really the positive ones, are those who lives by the security given to inferiority reference as the base of everyone
a lot of people are so happy from that concept in mind of inferiority being the regular thing allowing them to stick around and take whatever they need since everyone is in needs

so when they see an independant one that say so what it is ok lets move forward or i move alone, they shout ooooo nooooo who do you think you are, a superior? well no but just not inferior normal only

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

any concept is itself first before becoming living source of itself with else objective reality

so freedom definition must not being related to its oppositions

you are free when actually you conceive objective perspective as being else without mentionning to yourself about you anything

that is how freedom definition is not the same then source definition

conceiving objective perspective as being else without meaning particularly anything, is like it is said you are not suppose to move anywhere or do anything not even care for that thing

the concept of source is more related to truth as certainty life

while the concept of freedom is more related to nothing as a fact awareness

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I should have worded it differently, working a job you don't love, makes you not free.

Do you absolutely love your business you started? Is it what drives you to get out of bed in the morning? Is their nothing else you would rather be doing than working your business?

If not, then it's just a means to an end. A means to put food on the table or pay for the gas. Sure, you may like it or enjoy it, but if you don't absolutely love it then I don't think your free. You probably pay taxes and someone who considers himself free, why do you pay them?

I don't fear free people. I don't think being "free" at other people's expense is free, ie. STEALING someone else's car.

In my opinion, being free is doing whatever it is you want, as long as you don't harm another human being, directly or indirectly (stealing).

I totally agree with you in the sense that laws, like how pot is illegal, are meant to be broken. They are nothing but a means to control. Nobody likes control freaks and that's what the government is. So keep on breaking them, as will I.

But again, I don't think being free means stealing other peoples things.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by doped00]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just a point to add for my means, so people fear positive subjects but then they mean their powers lost and not their existence because they know very well how any positive subject is meaning first positive objective whole absolutely, so how can we call that fear still when fearing is about loosing yourself existence by bigger subjects or powerful positions wills to destroy yourself reality moves sense or realisation free sense

it says how you should stop to worry about those people they are evil and nothing else always they mean their wealth and they dont have any needs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join