It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Official: US Moves to Increase Military Threat against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Afghan Official: US Moves to Increase Military Threat against Iran

english.farsnews.com

TEHRAN (FNA)- A well-informed Afghan official disclosed new military moves and buildups by the US and British military forces in the southwestern Helmand province near the Iranian borders, and said the move is part of a broader plot to pose military threats to Iran.

"Helmand is important to the US and Britain due to its adjacency to Iran and Pakistan. The main goals of these forces are not Helmand or Taliban but to be close to Iran and gain control over Pakistan's border regions,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Source is Iranian - Official unknown, but still raises a very great concern about whats happening against Iran, and at least this story clearly back up my past opinions and theory about troop movements to Afghanistan - and that those are made just to get ready for new war against Iran. (I made that theory about year ago.)

Then we saw that Helmland operation - "Operation Mushtarak" - was just a great strategical lie from its beginning . Afterwards it was realized - because there was no city of Marjah at all! But we can see it was a cleansing operation for very another reason...

In recent news about Karzai and his "steps away" from US hands I have seen signs that Karzai is just doing what US orders - anything to get truce in Afghanistan soon - because those troops are soon to be needed against Iran...

SOMETHING VERY (ATS) INTERESTING IN THIS ARTICLE:

About underground bases:

"Regarding the details of the British military movements in the region, the official revealed that British base is located in a region called 'Shourabak' and covers an area of 1200 square kilometers.

"There are underground military airfield facilities in the base and aircrafts enter the underground airfield after landing," the source added.

The source further announced that the US forces are building a similar base in a region named 'Garmsir'.

The US has increased its war rhetoric against Iran in recent days, and the US President Barack Obama has threatened to nuke Iran."

Get ready for war!

english.farsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This whole Iranian thing is moving at break neck speed. Seems like we will be at war in before summer. God bless those of you who have long commutes............gas prices are going to SKY ROCKET if anyone attacks Iran. the Strait of Hormuz is done, finished, koboshed, finito!!!!!!! If a greater war breaks out in the middle east you will see the overnight collapse of the US economy and that of the greater west. I guarantee it. And by greater war I mean........Israel vs. Lebanon/Syria/Egypt, US/British vs. Iran, Pakistan vs. India etc. These are all possible scenarious. This is probably the closest world war III has ever been since the 1960s.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'd say this information is quite disturbing in light of Russia's statement today that a strike on Iran would be unacceptable.

I fear Rahm Emanuel and Netanyahu might try and call their bluff.

This statement by Clinton about biological WMD certainly fits in with the scenario posed in "The Anglo-Saxon mission" by project Camelot although I don't put much weight on that.

It's starting to seem more and more like we may already be committed to war and are merely going through the motions.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

The fact that we as a country even have someone like Rahm Emanuel in his position of power being able to call Russia's bluff is pretty scary. That guy is a complete and utter joke. That's what I find most scary about America going to war. Obama and his pathetic administration is in no way experienced enough get us through another war. At least Bush had guys like Colin Powell and Condeleeza Rice in their corner (even though I despised her). Look who we have? Gates, Emmanuel, Hilary, Biden, Obama? Scary times ahead indeed!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well maybe they are listening to that nutjob :

Iranian Spy for CIA: "The only way to prevent a possible nuclear war with Iran is to attack the country now."

And is it me or all this ANTI-IRAN news on HOLOCAUST DAY? Yeah a coincidence I'm sure...

This is so sick, using the death of millions of people to push your propaganda so you can murder millions of people....
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Dont worry my friend - all the needed key players are keeping their places, no matter who is in spotlights gathering attention and telling what he has been told.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If any of these claims re: strategic movement/planning are true, then once again the UK/USA military/leadership are acting entirely without informing the electorate/citizens about what is really going on...but then so are their competitors.

I have been saying privately that such a strategic asset positioning was the real driver for Gulf War 2003 and the Afghanistan campaign, since the 2003 Iraq War was first proposed, having simply picked up an atlas and looked at the region at the time. Bearing in mind that even then the (UK) media was rife with USA/UK intelligence concerns being detailed about Iran then, publicly about WMD/nukes, although of course we will never know if THAT was true, or whether the real concern may be something else (perhaps fueled by more complex and secretive concerns about the intentions of investors/backers like China or Russia for Iran to act on their behalf in other undesirable - for the USA - alterations to the regional power play).

I may be wrong, but I seem to recollect that the USA was having trouble maintaining it's Saudi bases then, so it seemed to make sense, and be time sensitive, to secure such additional positions in anticipation of any action on Iran, which they would then be able to launch from Iraq/Afghanistan and use bases like Diego Garcia etc...and possibly Med/Europe. Although I seem to remember there being some obstructions to Med/Europe airspace approach to Iran too?

I was thinking this right through all the debate in our Houses of Parliament and through that dreadful suspicious death of British UN weapons inspector; David Kelly.

I wonder what he knew - or suspected?

I wish more of our political opposition had voiced this kind of concern, rather than sticking to a simple anti-war line.

I wonder whether there would be time to pin-down Blair/Brown to categorically stating Yes/No - did they know of such issues or plans or concerns at the time?

IMO there is definitely more to the interactions of Russia/China/USA/Europe and all these 'battleground' states than any of them seem to divulge to their populaces...I wish I knew why they ALL take that line...I wish more people would ask more questions about what may be going on in our names.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is absolutely NO reason to attack Iran. The only reason I can think of is for the US and it's allies to go in and steal the resources, like they have done in many, many other Countries. That, and Ahmadinejad does not seem to be going along with the NWO plan.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Of course there's no real reason to attack Iran, but has that ever stopped us before?

Turkey along with UK and Ireland are going to run the blockade to Gaza,

US troops (And probably UK also) are positioning along the Iranian borders,

US government is making tough talk about nuclear response to WMD attack,

I still say that Los Angeles is the city to take the false flag hit.

So, does anybody on ATS have any info about where our carrier battlegroups are? Has anybody with active duty/reserve military family/friends had them get sudden deployment orders recently? Does anybody have a big world map and a box of push-pins? This is gonna be a tense few weeks.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by warisover

There may be reasons that we are unable to confirm, yet our leaders rank as a high enough priority to go to all those lengths for, that is the really worrying part, IMO.

Those things may have been:
intelligence about Russian and/or Chinese ambitions in and beyond the region.
Peak oil
A need/desire to intervene to diffuse the ignition of a conflict drawing in Israel on Iran - which would only have worked with Russian/Chinese support, I think, unfortunately, USA is currently losing the arm-twisting game there...

The closer we get to action though, the more difficult it appears it will be to mask those original concerns, I suspect.

If the USA does not act on Iran now, how long, in it's current economic state, can it afford to sit it out in the ME region, whilst China and Russia get on with increasing their dominance in the region as a partner of choice...see Afghanistan too for copper for China...

Looking to me as if the economic crisis may have tipped the balance from USA to Russian/Chinese alliance supremacy in the ME region, and unless the USA wishes to choose WW3/Armageddon over retreating to watch their competitors ascendancy there and subsequently in world terms, we may be on the brink of a major change in the pecking order?

i.e. Is it worth (USA) starting WW3, not to defend itself against physical attack or loss of freedoms to an invading (communist) dictatorship, but simply because P.2&3 superpowers are about to overthrow you as the P.1 global entity/state that you have been, whilst pushing you down the league table?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by curioustype]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Bring the troops home no more wars,
russia and china aint mugs
bring our british lads home before the bear snaps

[edit on 4/13/2010 by dashar]

top topics

join