It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBURU - Scientific methodology? ....Please?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think Jupiter being hit by something the size of earth without a sign

This did not happen. The Shoemaker-Levy comet pieces were up to 2km across and made the marks on Jupiter.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, there is one thing I have noticed with this thread, and every other "niburu" thread.

Where are the equations that show another mystery planet that has an effect on the Earth, and/or other planets of the solar system.

Can anyone here or out there provide the mathematical proof that there is another planet acting upon the solar system, even if it hasn't been discovered?

That in itself will provide the solid evidence that would begin to change my mind.

Until that time, there is no "Niburu"... more like BS, and even that is made up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What do you mean this did not happen? Please explain with links to your info.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

You are claiming that an earth sized object hit Jupiter. It is your claim that this happened. It is not mine.The objects that hit Jupiter in the Shoemaker-Levy impact were about 2km across max.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Dude,
Do you even read other peoples posts? The shoemaker comet was 15 years ago. Read my links or don't comment. Jeez.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thanks for that kind comment. I just think it's an interesting topic to discuss and highlights the need for critical thinking when discussing topics on this supposed Nibiru; poor data, lack of evidence and methodology on its existence so far..

I'm not saying it doesn't exist i only want to discuss logically on the possibility that it might exist. everything is possible, but not everything is probable.

And i even said if i have any misunderstandings put me right but no need to attack me though. i'm sure you're a nice human being really.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

OK then. I read your post and you lied about an earth sized object hitting Jupiter last year. I was trying to not say you are a liar, but you asked me to be blunt so I am. You lied. Is that better?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is no proof, just as Indiana Jones once said.. it's a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. Based on poor interpretations of one man's works. There is absolutely no scientific evidence.

Also, it's a bit odd we can visibly detect a brown dwarf in another solar system... but not our own. If it were here, we would see it. It doesn't magically suck up all light cast upon it's surface.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well said flea bit. I think there is a basic misunderstanding about how well telescopes work.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
To the omnipotent Mods: May we PLEASE have a separate "Niburu Thread?" Please? Pretty please? I'm getting tired of "Niburu is hiding in my closet" threads.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Was not Jupiter hit by something the size of Earth in the last year and no one saw it coming or noticed any perturbations?

No it wasn't, it was hit by a comet or asteroid about 200 metres wide...

From Astronomy Now...

Simon-Miller estimates the size of the impacter to be on the order of two hundred metres wide, equivalent to the length of at least two football fields, and many times larger than the object that exploded over the Tunguska region of Siberia in 1908.

Repaired Hubble zooms in on Jupiter impact

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There are people out there specifically looking for random junk that might come sailing by and cause us problems, and yes, alot of stuff is still missed. So how do people KNOW planet X exists?
The very point being used to show the possibility of planet X (stuff exists noone knows about) makes KNOWING planet X exists even more unlikey.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hi MisteRee,

reply to post by misteRee

Thank you for this thread, it's an important subject that people should be made aware of.

There are 100+ Billion Stars in the Milky Way.
There are 100+ Billion Brown Dwarfs in the Milky Way.
kencroswell.com...
www.space.com...
www.astronomy.com...

People need to do their own research and come to their own conclusions/decisions all on their own.

Did you here about the object that passed through the solar system in 2003?

Don't you think such an object would have made headlines?

Here is NEAT, (Do you're own research)

Link: www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

Wormwood, Nibiru, Planet-X, Nemesis, etc. etc. etc.

Learn the full history on what these objects really are and what they truly mean and how they were interpreted by the many ancient civilizations found in diverse locations all around the world.

The past is speaking out to those who will take the time to read and listen.

BROWN DWARF comes to mind!

EVIDENCE & FACTS!
comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

Rabbit Hole:
www.the-rabbits-hole.com...

2011 could it be so?
www.poleshift2011.com...

BE AWARE!

To be FOREWARNED is to be FOREARMED!

Video Section: comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

Best Wishes!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So this same fantasy is being posted in multiple places. How dull.

Ancient texts tell us that the state of the solar system has been stable for thousands of years. As I pointed out in another thread we can show that the present solar system can be run back 5000 years and lo and behold we see what the ancients reported. They tell us that the star Thuban was the North Pole star 4800 years ago. So the current motions of our planet match what was expected 5000 years ago. Great, we have confirmation that no planet came by in the mean time.

In fact, the nearest a planet could be is 340AU away. As telescopes improve we should be able to push that limit back even farther.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN

EVIDENCE & FACTS!
comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

Man that was full of kook.

Any site that references Sitchin and recognizes him as a reputable source just lost all its credibility.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Without having seen it, scientists can't tell how large the object was. "But the impact scar we're seeing is about the same size as one of Jupiter's big storms, Oval BA, Fletcher told New Scientist. "That, I believe, is about the size of the Earth."
reply to post by Insomniac

www.newscientist.com...

I've read the Earth size comment many times in other articles. If it is wrong, then sorry, but I am going by what has been said, and I have not seen any real clarification broadcast on this subject so it's one scientist's opinion against another's, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That's a simple mistake. No problem. The article stated that the scar was on the order of the size of the earth. The impactor that caused the scar on Jupiter was much smaller.

It just tells us how big Jupiter actually is. I mean its so big that earth sized scars can be formed. Makes me think about what would happen if one of these pieces hit the earth. Fortunately for us Jupiter is a much bigger target and a higher gravity that draws in these objects.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You are never going to reach a consensus on a theory that something exists despite nothing ever being seen, observed, or proven scientifically or mathematically. If scientists can't prove it with multi-billion dollar telescopes, how is someone on ATS going to provide "proof". Especially since "proof" is considered primarily photographic evidence.

Further, from the posts I've read so far, you can't even reach a consensus on something that actually does exist and did happen -- referring of course to the impact scars on Jupiter.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Without having seen it, scientists can't tell how large the object was. "But the impact scar we're seeing is about the same size as one of Jupiter's big storms, Oval BA, Fletcher told New Scientist. "That, I believe, is about the size of the Earth."
reply to post by Insomniac

www.newscientist.com...

I've read the Earth size comment many times in other articles. If it is wrong, then sorry, but I am going by what has been said, and I have not seen any real clarification broadcast on this subject so it's one scientist's opinion against another's, I suppose.

Hi SunnyDee,

I see the confusion here and it is a bit misleading, but what Fletcher is saying is that the impact scar is about the same size as Earth - Not the impactor. Bear in mind that the 'surface' of Jupiter is not solid, so the impact scar would be much larger than the object that caused it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

If it wasn't for posts like this one (logical, reasoning and scientific) then i would have no hope left for mankind.

I agree with you bud,

Peace out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join