It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Hatters coming out on April 15, 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No, Not inferring that at all. Just trying to correct your slander that is all. Also since you mention the God Fearing, the people loving, and the anti-corruption Mr. Paul. Please offer some thoughts on this....

The 3 Who didn't

Three Republican congressmen have defied their party's decision to ban all earmarks for one year, a move that could cost them their committee posts.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Reps. Anh "Joseph" Cao of Louisiana and Ron Paul of Texas have joined Rep. Don Young (AK) in requesting earmarks for the 2011 fiscal year, despite a House Republican caucus vote this month to institute a moratorium on earmarks for one year.

So from your rant I take it like this. Bank bailouts at the time when information regarding what the no intervention would do was nil, but personal bailouts aka EARMARKS are ok.

Do I stand for the bank bailouts? No.

Yes I agree with you, Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

He's defended his earmarking policy HERE. To me, that doesn't matter. What does matter to me, is even with the whole "oh, nobody had info on what would happen if we didn't bail out the banks" nonsense, voting for it went against a free market and capitalism. I don't believe in "Too big to fail." Let them fail. Let the free market run it's course and keep the government OUT! Paul understood this. Palin did not.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I still find it odd that the Texas based tea parties never makes a sound when the Texas Republicans raise our property taxes or other taxes and fees. Sure they may come out on the 15th, but for many of us in Texas, we pay far more to the state in taxes than we do the feds.

Perhaps in other parts of the country, the tea party members aren't blind to the state and county level taxes.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

I am not a Palin fan, and if she wanted to speak at a Tallahassee Tea Party Event, there would be a lot of unhappy folks like me. . . .then again, we need the press, we need the exposure, and the majority might decide to "sell out" and let her speak. Sad really.

We have turned away a lot of speakers that we didn't agree with, but it would be a very hard sell to convince the majority of members to turn away such a popular key note speaker.

I can tell you this, no way I will ever vote for her. McCain lost my vote when he chose her as his running mate. I didn't know anything about her at the time, and neither did he, but it was a popular decision thrown in his lap by his handlers and party, so it showed me who was really in charge! I will never vote for someone that is not a strong and moral leader willing to make decisions based on their own internal compass, even if the decisions are unpopular, and even if I disagree with them. We don't need politicians to vote according to polls. We could automate the whole dam thing if that were the case. Put a computer in the White House with phone polling software and let it go to work. Call a couple of thousand random people and then set policy according to "pop culture." Works for American Idol, why not?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Star from me. I agree. I think most of us are on the same page, I just wish we could keep focus. Between that and the GOP infiltrating the Tea Partys just hope those of us who supported where the Party came from can still have an option.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

I hope so too.

FOX and Palin and Beck are parasitic draws on a wonderful movement. So far, I think the small local movements are still gaining steam, and it is only the MSM and National Press that is villifying us and making sure to point out the 15 seconds of lunacy for every 100 hours of actual progress.

Tomorrow, I will be at the Capitol Building in Tallahassee, we expect 10,000 plus to be in attendance. I will start a thread and post pictures throughout the midday. Unfortunately I have to work also, so I will only be at the event from about 10 to 3.

I may need help posting the pics also. I will be trying to write, snap, and post all from my DROID phone, and it is pretty new to me!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

We seem to agree on Tea Party issues.
We disagree on whether Homo is politcally correct or not. It should seem reasonable that a gay man would be current on what terms and usages are considered civil.
Expressing surprise that anyone might take exception after entitling a thread " Madhatters Coming Out " then following with "Vote or Get Sodomized" is, in itself surprising.
Actually, I think the shirt is funny as hell.
I find that many of my friends won't even listen to my Tea Party rhetoric because they feel they're not included.
Of course, not everyone would take that shirt as a gay slam, but a few will. Those are the people who then describe those events as homophobic, and they are very vocal and politcally active.
You'll remember that Tea Parties were not divisive in the beginning. It should remain a movement for everyone.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I agree, and on that note, I will not wear the shirt tomorrow! I don't want to provide any fodder for "anti-teaparty" sentiment.

I'm still wearing it on election day though!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think you should wear the shirt. Just being aware that it might alienate someone is enough to prevent it from happening. If someone questions whether it's a fag bashing shirt, just say: "I was going to wear my 'Vote or Get Screwed' shirt but it didn't properly express the pain being inflicted by the government."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join