It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism Eliminated! New Study About Williams Syndrome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ran across this and found it thought provoking-

"This is the first study to report the absence of racial stereotypes in any human population,"

Children with the genetic condition known as Williams syndrome have unusually friendly natures because they lack the sense of fear that the rest of us feel in many social situations.

Now, a study reported in the April 13th issue of Current Biology, a Cell Press publication, suggests that children with Williams Syndrome are missing something else the rest of us have from a very tender age: the proclivity to stereotype others based on their race.

www.sciencedaily.com...

If we could figure out what they are missing would that be a good thing or bad?

And if we could isolate it - Socially engineered generation without racism?

Sounds great but would fit into plans for a one world society, yes?

The children with Williams syndrome did make stereotypical sex role assignments just like normal children. That finding suggests that different forms of stereotyping arise from different brain mechanisms, the researchers say, and that those mechanisms are selectively affected in some way by the genetic alteration that causes Williams syndrome (the loss of about 26 genes on chromosome 7).

Could this be the next step in our evolution?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We can dare to dream.

Sadly, those who suffer from Williams Syndrome also have additional physical/mental challenges to overcome.

(from Wikipedia:Williams Syndrome)

The most common symptoms of Williams syndrome are mental retardation, heart defects, and unusual facial features. Other symptoms include: failure to gain weight appropriately and low muscle tone.

Individuals with Williams syndrome are highly verbal and overly sociable (having what had previously been described as a "cocktail party" type personality), but lack common sense and typically have inhibited intelligence. Individuals with WS hyperfocus on the eyes of others in social engagements.

Individuals with Williams syndrome also experience many cardiac problems, commonly heart murmurs and the narrowing of major blood vessels as well as supravalvular aortic stenosis (SVAS). Other symptoms may include many gastrointestinal problems, such as abdominal pain and diverticulitis, as well as hormone problems, the most common being hypercalcemia (elevated calcium levels in the blood). Hypothyroidism has been reported to occur in children, yet there is no proof of it occurring in adults, whereas diabetes has been reported to occur in adults with WS as young as 21 years old.

So, if I understand what you are saying correctly - you are hoping there might be some way to isolate the positive effects of this syndrome in the future?

What about the countless number of people with no known genetic variance that predisposes them to regard their fellow humans as equals, dispite visual differences?

Is racism purely a genetic issue, or a psycho-social/environmental one?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4/12/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
So, if I understand what you are saying correctly - you are hoping there might be some way to isolate the positive effects of this syndrome in the future?

Right. As an NWO tool.

What about the countless number of people with no known genetic variance that predisposes them to regard their fellow humans as equals, dispite visual differences?

Not happening near fast enough for TPTB. That countless number is way below where it should be.

Is racism purely a genetic issue, or a psycho-social/environmental one?

Both

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

lol but hey they have nothing against black people right?

but on topic engineering something out of people would have all the same issues and problems of making everyone the same. If you are going to do all this work to genetically eliminate "hate", wouldn't be the same as making everyone white or everyone black? It is really the same thing as making a master race.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Racism is based upon segregation and the resulting ignorance that is instilled in people by simply prejudging one another based upon said ignorance.

One thing that I see many do not speak of here on ATS and that is the integration of the US Military and how most of all military personnel get beyond the brainwashing of their upbringing and inevitably end up working together regardless of one's color.

I used to hang out on Army bases in Germany as a kid in the 70's during the Vietnam war and I was always impressed by the general sense of camaraderie amongst the GI's.

It was far different than what we generally observed in civilian life upon returning to the mainland.

I especially find many if not most Vietnam Infantrymen extremely color blind, because they fought shoulder to shoulder and back to back in keeping one another alive in combat.

Color didn't matter in who had your back. Plenty of ammo did.

It's all pink inside as they say, and if people would only come to that realization, that we are not all that different, there would be no such thing as racism in this world of ours.

Perhaps a genome from this Williams syndrome could be isolated to eliminate ones dissent towards one another and allow people to work together towards solving our common issues and problems instead of finding reasons to hate one another.

new topics

top topics

join