It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Scud Crisis' Threatens War between Israel, Hizbullah

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Debka says Scuds are on the border - not deployed like many News in Israel media has already hinted:

Scud missiles? Not yet across Syrian-Lebanese border

Syria has not actually delivered Scud missiles, A or SS-1B, to the Hizballah in Lebanon - only positioned them on the border ready for transit at a moment's notice - and taught two Hizballah brigades how to use them, debkafile's military sources report in the wake of a flurry of press reports, according to which these ground missiles have already been smuggled into Lebanon in violation of UN resolutions.

www.debka.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It seems to me that no matter what your view point on who the aggressor is or isn't out there doesn't make a difference. Any way you slice it, this move is going to create a lot of tension all around. It does seem to me, however, that Israel is just looking for excuses to start a ruckus. And if Hezbollah lobs one of those bad boys towards them or even creates "threats" with them, I can guarantee Israel will be more than happy to oblige with action. It's sad, but I don't believe we will see peace over there until there are radioactively unsafe conditions for life. In other words, there won't be war where there aren't people. Excuse me while I take a brief *sigh* at humanity.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What i just don't understand is that why can't we all just go back to isolationism that we had before WWII. Can't we all be friends! lol ...right! not gunna happen right!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Red alert!

WHITE HOUSE SAYS U.S. HAS EXPRESSED ITS CONCERN TO SYRIA AT HIGHEST LEVEL

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Israeli officials say Syria gives Hezbollah Scuds

JERUSALEM — Israeli defense officials said Wednesday they believe Hezbollah has Scud missiles that could hit all of Israel, a day after Israel's president accused Syria of supplying the Lebanese guerrillas with the weapons for the first time.

AP

So now it has been officially confirmed, or at least it is very likely. Not good, this could easily lead to war.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

JERUSALEM — Israeli defense officials said Wednesday they believe Hezbollah has Scud missiles that could hit all of Israel, a day after Israel's president accused Syria of supplying the Lebanese guerrillas with the weapons for the first time.

AP

So now it has been officially confirmed, or at least it is very likely. Not good, this could easily lead to war.

It wont. Some hack political dumb politician here in the States will put heavy pressure to bind Israel..while unbinding the Arab nations. Put pressure on Israel to stand fast..for political reasons...political capital.
This has been going on for some time now..since Jimmy Carter..the binding of Israel..in favor or the Arabs. It is getting very predictable now days.

THe Jews themselves have actually been stupid enough to contribute to this template of binding themselves by supporting heavily the Democratic Party ..while the Democrats go where the money and political contributions are.
Today these contributions are heavily with the Muslims and Oil. Ironic to me. You have to be extremely stupid to not see this coming. It was so with the Clinton Administration as well as it is so with this current Administration...kowtowing/bowing to the Arabs for political monies.
This will be proven out in due course.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA...

Will Israel attack Iraq too because of those statements?

Lebanon, Syria and Iraq back Iran's nuclear program

The foreign ministers of Lebanon, Syria and Iraq backed Iran's atomic program on Saturday at the opening of a two-day nuclear disarmament conference hosted by Tehran.

"We back Iran for pursuing peaceful nuclear technology," said Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Mouallem in a speech, according to the ISNA news agency.

Lebanon’s Foreign Affairs minister, Ali Shami, said Iran was seeking "nuclear energy for peaceful aims and it was not deviating from the treaty," the official IRNA news agency reported.

Iraqi FM Hoshyar Zebari said that his country rejects any threat against Iran and insists on Iran's rights to use peaceful nuclear energy.

The three ministers also insisted that Israel be stripped of its nuclear arsenal and join the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

AP

Officially confirmed by Israel ? And Israel's word is to be trusted ?

Oh man, that's way funny....Just because Israel says Hizbollah has Scuds means absolutely nothing...

The Israelis are as un-trustworthy as the US...Neither are to be trusted in any circumstance due to so much previous "form" in the lies and BS department...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

"You don't honestly think we would sit by while someone gassed Jews do you? "

So why did you sit around when the Palestinians were butchered and their organs stolen?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Our beloved Ron Paul should know that Israel is not like the US a country which can take on a massive first strike just like that, its just too small for that.With the Hezbollah in the Lebanese government they might as well target and carpet bomb the whole country, if you harbor these guests you should know what is coming...
Peope seem to forget btw that Deputy Assistant Secretary of State David Satterfield and general Petraeus disclosed that Hezbollah also attacked US and coalition forces in Iraq, together with Iranian Qods Force they also trained the insurgence forces in Iraq.But people just have to keep coming with things like the USS liberty... Look ..complete disctricts of cities such as Arnhem in my country where bombed in ww2 twice by allied bombers, some on purpose to bomb anti-aircraft sites[with all the collateral damage], we don't complain about that either anymore, geezz..

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

AP

Officially confirmed by Israel ? And Israel's word is to be trusted ?

Oh man, that's way funny....Just because Israel says Hizbollah has Scuds means absolutely nothing...

The Israelis are as un-trustworthy as the US...Neither are to be trusted in any circumstance due to so much previous "form" in the lies and BS department...

It could easily be the exact opposite of what the Israelis said. What i was angling at and meant was that its a telling and important sign that that Israel is going with this line. Whether Hezbollah have the scuds or Israel gets people to beleive they do it all ends in the same way..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I posted this on one of the many other threads regarding this sitauation. Nothing is going to happen un less Israel gets the green light from the US and thus far it hasnt been given. Obama is not eager to see any tupe of military situation here.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I said June major crap will hit the fan because well... Israel likes it's pre-summer spree's. Check your history books.

I spent some time in Israel and so I have some sympathy for them. When you see 18 year old girls with automatic-rifles strapped to their back while they shop for shoes you get the sense that things are not normal. They grow up living under a constant threat of attack and I am sure normal Americans and Europeans would have already lost their patience under such circumstances.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You have to understand WHY they live under that threat though. They were given Arab land from the UN to create the state of Israel. Thats why.

That being said though, the Arabs/Palestinians should be pissed at the UN not Israel. They just took what was given to them.

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I said June major crap will hit the fan because well... Israel likes it's pre-summer spree's. Check your history books.

I spent some time in Israel and so I have some sympathy for them. When you see 18 year old girls with automatic-rifles strapped to their back while they shop for shoes you get the sense that things are not normal. They grow up living under a constant threat of attack and I am sure normal Americans and Europeans would have already lost their patience under such circumstances.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
You have to understand WHY they live under that threat though.

I understand. A few days after the UN divided the land in 1947 the Arabs proclaimed a strike and Israelis came under immediate attack. They went on the offensive and expelled hundreds of thousands of Arabs. A few months later they were attacked by the combined forces of Syria, Egypt, Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan which miraculously led to a cease fire. I don't see how they are to blame for much of anything other than a lot of bad PR moves over the course of time.

The whole thing escalated due to (a) Europe pushing millions of Jews to the safety of British controlled Palestine and (b) Arabs trying to drive them out of Palestine before they took any more of a foothold. The next 60 years is just the same song playing out generation after generation. I sure on one side a kid is thinking "my father died trying to expel the Jews" and on the other "my father died trying to expel the Arabs".

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What I want to know is what will Egypt
do if Hezballah uses scuds. I really
don't know who Egypt will side with.

They have closed their side of the
border many times during these episodes
because they do not want the Palestinians
in their country either.

They also know that if Hezballah were
somehow (military or political) victorious
it would increase the fumdimentalists in
thier country.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Divide and Conquer, Divide and Conquer, will people ever wake up to this ego laden, and fear inspired game that is so detrimental to all of humanity.

Pick a team, place your wagers, tell us why your team is so great and the other team is so bad.

Revel in the moment, the drama and the spectacle, to collective identity, and the herd mentality.

Make your fears real! Immerse yourselves in them.

Then divide and conquer, divide and conquer.

In fact continue to aggressively divide and conquer, and use that simple arithmetic, until all fractions and factions are eliminated.

That is where divide and conquer ultimately leads, that is the nature of math, and the reason such math is being employed.

A totally homogenous world, where everyone has been violently taught, through their fears and egos, to eliminate anyone and everyone that thinks differently, lest they do it to you first!

Hopefully that sole remaining mindset is pleasing to the hapless droids who are then stuck living with it.

Anyway, carry on, divide and conquer, divide and conquer, divide and conquer, divide and conquer…end transmission…

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
Israel learned a good lesson the last time they fought Hezzbollah. They will not make the same mistake twice. When Israel moves this time it will be a hard fast coordinated attack against Iran, Hezzbollah, the pals et all. It will not be pretty and civilians will get hurt and killed. This is war and th Israel knows it has run out of time and must end thhs. Israel knows this region is on the brink of an explosion, and to survive it they must secure the Golan Heights, the Gaza strip, and the west bank. They must take out as much of Irans nuclear facilitites as they can along with as much military capacity as they can destroy. They Will Not Use Nukes. They hold that in reserve as a threat. If Israel does use a nuke it will be in response to a large attack by Iran. I dont rule out Israel using a nuke, just not as a first strike.,

You forgot to finish the little story of yours, I guess you know it is not a happy ending for Israel.. Hence Germany acted very similar to Israel now, Alliance against Germany was built, Germany resisted quiet well, but in the end, it wasn't a happy ending.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
What I want to know is what will Egypt
do if Hezballah uses scuds. I really
don't know who Egypt will side with.

They have closed their side of the
border many times during these episodes
because they do not want the Palestinians
in their country either.

They also know that if Hezballah were
somehow (military or political) victorious
it would increase the fumdimentalists in
thier country.

Egypt is controlled by Western backed dictator, its not the government of Egypt you should sorry, it is the normal people of Egypt who are against the government and its alliance with Israel and West..

Even if the Egyptian forces are bowing down to Israel, don't forget that there are more normal people than soldiers, way more, and they are angry, and will get angrier after another attack..

Forget about Arab armies, it is the people you have to worry about..

Israel then have to block itself completely from the rest of the world, build walls all around itself. Let the guerrilla war begin.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It could easily be the exact opposite of what the Israelis said. What i was angling at and meant was that its a telling and important sign that that Israel is going with this line. Whether Hezbollah have the scuds or Israel gets people to beleive they do it all ends in the same way..

Oh I agree 100% with the angling you were doing, Jonny

Israel throwing up this line is indeed significant in the greater scheme of things, that is, when and how Israel is going to strike first against its enemies in the region...

Very good point
Regardless of whether Hizbollah has the missiles or not, the most important thing is the way Israel spins it, for sure...

Sorry if I came across as having a laugh at you/the point you made, I wasn't, and was just having a laugh that the Israelis are probably the biggest liars on the planet...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join