It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia finally agrees to provide Iran with s300 missile defense systems...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Russia finally agrees to provide Iran with s300 missile defense systems...

www.mirror.co.uk

Iran is buying an ultra-sophisticated missile system from Russia to protect its nuclear sites.

The S-300's surface-to-air rockets can hit many targets at once, including in-coming cruise missiles, making any Western or Israeli strike on Iran much more difficult.

News of the multi-billion pound deal with Moscow has caused fury and fear among More..Western powers as they desperately try to stop the country developing nuclear weapons. An intelligence source told The Mirror: "In the game of bluff and counter-bluff this is bad news for Israel and the West.

"The new missile system will h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This has been in and out of the news since 2005. I thought Obama talked the Russian administration out of such deals, due to the rollback of Nuclear Weapons and the agreement that they are both on the same side when it comes to Iran...

Not sure if this is another chess move or strictly a financial agreement but either way, it seems the Iranian's will get their new missile defense system within months.

www.liveleak.com...

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This has to be 100% strategic.

At this point Russia would have advantage just giving them to Iran.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
War is business and business is good
I don't blame Iran for getting ready with the Zionists and their lapdogs snapping at them.

Shame that i'd take part in the invasion of Iran. I kind of like the look of the place.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Things are moving fast..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good on Russia. We must arm Iran quick, Israel is planning mass deportation of Palestinians and the only people who would dare to stand p to Israel is Iran. If they can upgrade their military enough and quick enough they might have a fighting chance against Israel. But they will need strong allies, Russia and China need to join Iran's side and helf destroy the Zionist menice. WW3 is coming quick and this time the west will be on the bad side of history.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Havent we learn already today that Russia and China is with them by official statement in RIA Novosti, given by Joint Chief Of Staff in Russian Army?

Things are really moving fast.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Misoir

Havent we learn already today that Russia and China is with them by official statement in RIA Novosti, given by Joint Chief Of Staff in Russian Army?

Things are really moving fast.

I did not hear of this. Do you have a link?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If war were to break out, Russia would side with Iran. The oil they receive from them is paramount to Russian infrastructure and ease of life.

China has a hand in that too.

Russia is just placing it's cards, trying to gain some ground against the west when it comes to International Issues.

I'm sure Israel and the US aren't going to be happy about this. Perhaps they will discuss it during the Nuclear Summit.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Good on Russia. We must arm Iran quick, Israel is planning mass deportation of Palestinians and the only people who would dare to stand p to Israel is Iran. If they can upgrade their military enough and quick enough they might have a fighting chance against Israel. But they will need strong allies, Russia and China need to join Iran's side and helf destroy the Zionist menice. WW3 is coming quick and this time the west will be on the bad side of history.

I couldn't have said it better... Ohh wait!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ahahahaha. oh boy, Russia starts to show its colors again

If you ask me, this sets a closing window of opportunity for an Israel/US srike on Irans facilities.

Once this system goes up its not going to be nearly as easy.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
before i studied secret societies, nwo, and the zionists i always knew that USA and Israel are the true axis of evil...

russia and china are 100% on iran side, they however do need to play mind tricks and act as if they are against iran, but its all just for manipulation... you may here russia saying "iran cannot have nukes" then iran says "russians are not our friends" but at the same time they're exchanging oil and building nuclear facilities... wonderful world

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
everyone remember how close Iraq was to Russia?
they were good friends and so forth

and when Iraq was bombed back to the stone age
where was russia? (bright side the US is losing trillions of dollors thanks to their little venture)

anyhow will it be the same with Iran?
even so Iran is diffrent to Iraq and its military and so forth is much better equiped and exetra.

who else thinks if poo hits the fans russia will just jump ships?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I think saddam was more friends with usa lol.

Russia will only look out for itself, why would they try and stop the mega anglo american empire destroying there reputation.

Tell me why would russia go to war with america over iraq?

Russia and no country would. America is this big massive monster now, g w bush knew this and showed it all the time.

[edit on 4/12/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

U.S., Israeli Attack on Iran Would Be 'Unacceptable' - Russia Military

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Its very old fashioned to talk about Russia as one. Many things has changed since 2001 and 2003.

SCO - guys, thats what we should talk when we are talking about strategical issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Good for the Iranians and Russians. LOL...gotta love capitalism. Americans invented it right? Haha karma at it's finest. We helped Afghanistan defeat the Russians in the 1980s and now they are helping the Iranians. Bravo! Meanwhile all of us are stuck in the effing middle of this crapola of a world power chess game! Gotta love life in the 21st century when a handful of people have the power to wipe out a good portion of humanity.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
you can bet the Russians will watch very carefully how long the s300 can survive against the west forces and stelth weapons in a real theatre, performance wise, on the other hand i think its good iran got this s300 ,if it will help stop an attack by israel and U.S.
we dont need anymore wars do we.
Wouldn't it take months of training by Russian forces to show Iranians how to use this system, or will they send a manual or PDF, i expect it got to be very high tec steep lerning curve from Russian to iranian, what i mean is is it ready to go same day as set up like a ps3

[edit on 4/12/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Good for the Iranians and Russians. LOL...gotta love capitalism. Americans invented it right?

It was invented by Romans, exploited by the English and abused by Americans.

top topics

join