It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHL Playoffs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It's not looking good for Ottawa and Montreal. Vancouver is a different story though. The Kings had them on the ropes last night after 40 minutes and seemed to forget there are 60 min in a game. I think the young kids learned a very important lesson though, in the playoffs you have to bury the opposition when you have the chance. On to game 5....

The Caps are now looking like the team to beat in the east.

Philly is looking good, same with Boston but I don't see either of these teams making it out of the 2nd round (assuming NJ and Buffalo don't come back).

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a Caps-Pens conference final where you'll see Ovechkin take the crown from Crosby.

The entire Western Conference is still anyone's game. Could you imagine Colorado vs Nashville in the conference finals? Could happen but I think Detroit will be there yet again...sigh

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Yeah I agree,if they meet in the conference finals then it is Ovechkins turn to get a cup and he looks hungry for it.

I think we are done with after tonights game as well as Montreal.
I actually bet a steak dinner on the sens going down tonight. :shk:
Thats a bet i will be happy to lose.

I am still unsure of the western conference.
I definately don't want Detroit in the finals either.
Colorado's goalie I think deserves a shot just for his 51 game shutout victory the other night but half of me wants San Jose to win just because of the Heatley fiasco.

I wish your team luck,lets hope your team doesn't suffer the same fate as mine.

Golf Sens Golf!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Congrats Drums!! 3OT win for the Sens!!

They are not going to go down without a FIGHT!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

WOW is all I can say!!
When I was talking to my buddy yesterday I was saying we didn't have a goalie who could pull off what Colorado's goalie did with that 51 saves in a game.
To have Pascal Leclaire come up with 56 saves in a game was HUUUUGE!!!!
He has been very inconsistant in his play all year and lost his number 1 status to our back up goalie.
I really was not expecting to see him play like that which is why I bet a steak dinner on it.

That is one bet I am happy to have lost!!

Now,can he do it 2 more times and get us thru the series is the next question?
I might have to bet a few more steak dinners!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Congrats on the win. That was what playoff hockey is all about. I have to hand it to the Sens, with their season on the line they went all out. Great pass by Alfredsson to the point man.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Time to seal the deal in DC tonite!!

Philly already has a one day headstart on rest, and the way they have been playing the Caps need to recharge their batteries starting tonight!

Look for Alex Semin to break out of his drought...

Rock the RED!!!

SD any vodka last night for the caps

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

The playoffs are turning into quite the show indeed.
I am pretty amazed that all my Canadian favourites are still alive and fighting for it.
The first round has been pretty awesome so far!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I didn't think Halak was gonna come thru for the Habs last night.
He made a big save on Semin in the third that could have been the difference.
I don't see them coming back and winning the series but it appears like my Sens they are starting to dig deep.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Halak was stellar! Semin had 9 shots on goal so his effort was there, the goalie would just not cooperate.

Oh well no rest for the weary, off to Montreal we go!

Good luck with your Sens today/nite

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm back in Canada and can now finally watch some hockey!

Was disappointed to hear that the Habs game wasn't on until tomorrow night instead of today. When my flight landed yesterday at 4am, I was in the line-up going through customs shouting "Does anyone know who won the Habs game tonight?" I was pumped to hear that they had won. Although I was told they won 4-1, not 2-1. But either way.. a victory!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Nice to see a Hockey Thread going here.
I believe this is my first post on BTS.

Im a Calgary Flames fan, unfortunatly they did not make the playoffs this year.

I have Washington and Chicago making the finals with Washington winning the Stanley Cup. Although neither team has won their series yet, so who knows how it will turn out.

I look forward to posting in here as the playoffs continue.

Cheers

[edit on 26-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Montreal suprised me with their win on Friday. I had Washington winning that series in 5. If Montreal can get a win at home on Monday night, anything can happen in a game 7. It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Well it looks like both of our teams are out now.
I actually didn't think Vancouver was gonna get by the Kings but I guess I was wrong.

Now I am eager to see how the rest of the Montreal/Washington series plays out.

The good news is that I have a steak dinner coming my way!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Anjin

Well it looks like both of our teams are out now.
I actually didn't think Vancouver was gonna get by the Kings but I guess I was wrong.

Now I am eager to see how the rest of the Montreal/Washington series plays out.

The good news is that I have a steak dinner coming my way!!!

I am pretty disappointed but I have to look on the bright side knowing we have a young team with a solid core. Before the series started I was a little worried about Doughty and Kopitar performing to their potentials but I think they showed they are the real deal and will only get better.
It was a huge boost to see that Doughty got the Norris nomination. Kings fans have known he is something special since he made the team last season and after the Olympics and Playoffs now the rest of the league sees it.

The future is bright for my Kings but damn I hate losing

Ottawa really looked like they had what it takes to push the Pens to 7 games but alas it didn't work out that way

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

I have Washington and Chicago making the finals with Washington winning the Stanley Cup. Although neither team has won their series yet, so who knows how it will turn out.

My girlfriend and I were talking about that last night and we both came up with Chicago/Washington in the finals as well.
I just have a feeling it is Ovechkin's year.

As long as the Red Wings don't make it i'll be happy.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If is wasn't for that damn almost 50% power play, the Kings would have been dead in their own moat in 4 games. Going into last night they were worst in Goals Against Per Game (4.20), 5 On 5 GF/GA (0.33), and + / - GF/GA (-10). While having the best Powerplay % @ 47.6%.

If some of those PP goals didnt go in it would have been an ugly series and much easier win for the Canucks....

....Bring on Chicago! We got some deals to settle with those boys

[edit on 26-4-2010 by MrSmith]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Montreal has been the more consistent team in this series and I think the argument can be made that they should be leading this series. Game one was a coin toss, either team could have won. Game two Montreal should have won. They dominated almost all of it and if it wasn't for the wheels falling off for a few minutes in the late second and early third, they would have won it. Game three was the only game this series that they should have lost. No effort. Game four was a game dominated by Montreal for the most part. Again with seconds to go in the second period, the wheels fall off and it continues to do so in the early third. Other than these few minutes, they dominated the game. Game five was another coin toss and one that Washington could have pulled out but our goaltending stepped up. So game three and possibly five the Capitals could have or should have won. Thus a deserved 3-2 series lead for Montreal, if not already a 4-1 win. In my own opinion, of course.

The fact on the matter is that when the wheels do fall off for Montreal and Washington does pick it up, they bring it to a level that has given them the lead they have.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Too much sun?

Halak has been the key in both of your victories, but he has also been suspect in the two losses, so which one shows up tonight?

That is the key, at least from my opinion on the series..

Halak plays like games 1 & 5, the series could go to DC for game 7 which would tend to slightly favor the Habs since they have taken 2 of the 3 contests at the phone booth (Verizon Center).

In either case, here's to another fine close contest this evening

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looks like Halak has come to play.. :bnghd:

Habs up 2-0 after 2..

Caps out shooting Montreal 34-13

That goalie is playing above and beyond tonite.

20 mins to see if the Caps can break through

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
53 saves in a 4-1 win for the Habs..

Amazing performance by Halak, again he was the key.

Will they rest him and put Price in goal for the final

Game 7 in DC on WED evening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join