It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Subliminal Messages in Terence McKenna Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ok. Here is what it says in the description of the video:

We here at the CGF Cabal have gotten a lot of complaints and allegations about there being 'subliminal messages' in this video involving self mutilation and suicide. Let it be known that there are no such intended messages. They are glaringly obvious representations of subliminal messages, yes, but they fail at being subliminal at that mark. Why anyone would suspect that we want our audience dead is beyond us. Chopped in with the industrial metropolitan settings they are an artistic representation of how modern day industrial life is chalk full of underlying existential despair and woe. Please cease with the allegations and conspiracy theories that we want people to kill themselves, you're missing the point by a mile and fooling only yourself.

Emphasis mine.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Edit: nvm, i thought you guys were talking about the subway scene in particular

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Nostradumbass]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

I do not believe that excuse for a minute. CGF Cabal has gotten caught doing naughty subliminal messages and now they are back pedaling.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What the holy hell are you guys babbling about.
The messages that are being flashed are purposefully placed at that point in the video to project the different ideologies bombarding us on a daily basis.
If you'll notice, they are several phrases that are a portion of the common self-handicapping concepts that we are silently forced to absorb in our techno-centric materialistic culture.

Not everything is a conspiracy.. Sometimes paranoia can convert a positively oriented message into a negative one. Think harder!

Wait woah woah woah. "Why don't you make two slits"

I dont know.

Edited: It is definitely funky.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Reptilian Ph.D]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian Ph.D
What the holy hell are you guys babbling about.
The messages that are being flashed are purposefully placed at that point in the video to project the different ideologies bombarding us on a daily basis.
If you'll notice, they are several phrases that are a portion of the common self-handicapping concepts that we are silently forced to absorb in our techno-centric materialistic culture.

Not everything is a conspiracy.. Sometimes paranoia can convert a positively oriented message into a negative one. Think harder!

Wait woah woah woah. "Why don't you make two slits"

I dont know.

Edited: It is definitely funky.

Yeah, I am kind of thinking that there is the possibility that someone else took what he was saying and made the video besides him, or it was inserted at some other time. There could also be the possibility of it being satire of some sort, but I don't know. Thanks for your input guys!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Lol it's not subliminal, the flickering is representative of the flickering lights in the train.
It's called art.
It's supposed to make you think, to question.
...or you could just run screaming "halp halp! i'm being manipulated!!"

/facepalm.

Yeah, some might think the video is really not an appropriate match for the audio. However, you have to understand, McKenna was always the first to say, and i agree entirely, that psychodelics are NOT a recreational drug. It's not all fairies and rainbows. Sometimes that sh*t gets downright scary. You ARE forced to face the negative along with the positive to gain a deeper understanding. Maybe this was what the artist was trying to get across.

Lets see.. cars and train ( life journey ) tunnel with flickering darkness and messages of self doubt ( life's trials, highs and lows ) followed by light at the end of the tunnel and ascention into the clouds ( hope and understanding gained through experience).

My 2 cents.
*shrug*

peace.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Funk bunyip]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This isnt a video mckenna made. Its just a talk of his and some dude on youtube took it and edited stuff together to make a vid.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Nothing about McKenna is negative. He was a extremely positive and enlightened human being.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join