It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you taking the 5th ammendment on your Census..?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I answered the first two questions. they seem to be legitimate questions, I am obliged to answer because the constitution say you have too. but - toilets in my house...? What are they going to do with this information. dictate how many flushes you flush...? I took the 5th Ammendment as that knowledge is available through other sources - Protect your rights, no one else is going to protect them for you... see what a wonderful job your representatives and congress people are doing for you. why is the Census taking such UN-Constitutional information...?
it's like we will tell you what you will do... sig hiel

www.youtube.com...

this is will help you decide

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I told them all they needed to know. 4!!

I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of my second questionnaire.
Double the surveys, double the fun and double the dollars

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
... but - toilets in my house...? What are they going to do with this information. dictate how many flushes you flush...?

I'm a little confused ...

Here's an online view of the census form:

2010.census.gov...

Toilets?

ETA: Ah, don't mind me, I didn't even know there was an ACS.

www.census.gov...

[edit on 12 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't answer the long form, which was sent out to every 6th household in 2000. I would do what I did, explained here

[edit on 4/12/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sent mine back with only the number of occupants filled out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I answered the short 10-question form and sent it in two days after I received it, and since then I've gotten three postcards in the mail from the census bastards 'reminding' me to send it in! Either they're completely incompetent, or this is some sort of scare tactic. Screw 'em anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, I threw mine away. So far, nothing. Am I a bad, bad girl?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
I answered the first two questions. they seem to be legitimate questions, I am obliged to answer because the constitution say you have too. but - toilets in my house...?

Did you personally get a long form?

In every decennial census since 1940, two questionnaires have been used to collect information: a "short form" with only basic questions such as age, sex, race, and Hispanic origin; and a "long form" with the basic short-form questions plus about 50 additional questions on socioeconomic and housing characteristics. Only a subset of households received the long-form questionnaire—about one in every six in 2000. However, for the first time since 1940, the 2010 Census will be a short-form-only census. This is because the decennial long form has been replaced by the American Community Survey (ACS). The ACS is a nationwide, continuous survey designed to provide reliable and timely demographic, housing, social, and economic data every year. The ACS will replace the long form in 2010 and thereafter by collecting long-form-type information throughout the decade rather than only once every 10 years.

Source

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I filled mine out completely, I then typed up an additional letter that showed:

Favorite snack food: (Doritos)
Hours spent online weekly (60 average)
Favorite genre of television (sci-fi of course)
Belief in UFOs: (yes)
Religion: (Agnostic)
etc

ok, I didn't, but would have...not because the constitution demands it, but because the census allocates measurements of society...if they want to measure a society, mindset may also be important.

now, if some vulcan eared man with a bag of doritos appears at my door with a blackberry in hand talking about general spirituality...I will know my tax dollars are at work

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

No, you will get a visit from a worker...

thats a good thing though...means someone is employed because of your actions

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can someone explain, in clear, concise English, exactly WHAT is the beef with the Census?

It is done every ten years, and suddenly THIS, because of the viral nature of the Internet, and the incredible changes that have occured since year 2000 in the Web, and the way people use it, suddenly now, after all the previous Census(es)? (Censi?) people are having heartburn???

I really am surprised at how easily manipulated folks can become, over such a simple and benign event.

Should also point out something that most people nowadays seem to have forgotten, so soon....

YouTube! Anyone care to take a guess as to how long that video-sharing site has been around???

Well, it only BEGAN in 2005, folks! And, look at the point it has lowered everyone to...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

No, you will get a visit from a worker...

thats a good thing though...means someone is employed because of your actions

Hey, just trying to do my part to help out society.

On a personal note, I feel that I have already told the government absolutely everything they need to know in free society with my IRS form that is loayally filled out and PAID every single stinkin year.

It has my name, social security number, age, sex and income...as well as my spouces AND my kids. That's all they're gonna get.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Can someone explain, in clear, concise English, exactly WHAT is the beef with the Census?

It is done every ten years, and suddenly THIS, because of the viral nature of the Internet, and the incredible changes that have occured since year 2000 in the Web, and the way people use it, suddenly now, after all the previous Census(es)? (Censi?) people are having heartburn???

I really am surprised at how easily manipulated folks can become, over such a simple and benign event.

Should also point out something that most people nowadays seem to have forgotten, so soon....

YouTube! Anyone care to take a guess as to how long that video-sharing site has been around???

Well, it only BEGAN in 2005, folks! And, look at the point it has lowered everyone to...

OMG DONT YOU KNOW? The census is how the CIA freemason hittler illuminati NWO Neo-con neo-con TPTB unconstitutional nep-con track you and ask you unconstitutional neo-con CIA questions. This census is a war on freedom fought by the CIA freemason hittler illuminati NWO Neo-con neo-con TPTB unconstitutional nep-con.

Honestly i do not know what the problem is, but there are people that think everything done by anyone is unconstitutional and everything is a plot to somehow take "your freedom".

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
whoops i already threw mine away....am i in trouble now?? :/

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I know there are a lot of people that for some reason believe this, but I am not one of them.

I honestly got out a pen and opened it up, ready to fill it out. Then I saw what the question were and my first thought was WTF?

Why in the world do they need to know what kind of hispanic origin I am? I am an American....nothing else should matter.

There are four people in my household. They already know this. Like I said, It's ALL in my taxes which I honestly pay EVERY YEAR.

I guess I am a little sensitive to the whole minority thing and I am really getting sick of it. When I read the census it smacked of a minority tracking rather than anything else and I don't want any part of it.

When I threw it away I didn't realize it was mandatory and I thought it was a total waste of my time and tax payer (my) money. How many people are working on this thing? How much money is being spent on it? If we had a society that was managed properly in the first place, then the United States Government would already know what they need to know by our tax forms.

Just my .02

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Amen, Sistah....

I am in my 40's and have NEVER filled one out.....ever.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

THAT is the one point I am in agreement, on this issue.

The irrelevant (and, scientifically incorrect) question of "race".

TBH, that is outdated, and nonsense, and SHOULD be left blank, or just have a write-in space and say "human".

But, that's just a personal bone I like to pick.....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
US Census Bureau assisted in the internment of Japanese immigrants (who were legal) during WW2.

en.wikipedia.org...

dont think that it couldnt happen again.

noncompliance is the way to fight back.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wished my census form into the cornfield...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Why in the world do they need to know what kind of hispanic origin I am?
I guess I am a little sensitive to the whole minority thing and I am really getting sick of it. When I read the census it smacked of a minority tracking rather than anything else and I don't want any part of it

I guess that depends where you are, you see in southern california if you are not hispanic you are the minority.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join