It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Iran wants to destroy Israel and the world remains silent

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have said for years I wish the U.S. would turn its back on Israel. They are not our ally. Some of the most worst traitors in our history worked for Israel. They constantly create situations and we constantly have to stand behind them.

Maybe they shouldnt be in the middle east, maybe they should. I dont care. What I dont want is to go down with that sinking ship. What is the worst that can happen in that little 'thunderdome' over there? We close our eyes for a while and when we open them, either Israel is gone, or most of their neighbors are gone. Eitherway......problem solved.

I know it would never happen, and it is a simplistic view to the problem, but I am just tired of the antics.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This from Haaretz:

Iran: We will join 'world nuclear club' within a month

"We do not intend to use the peaceful nuclear energy merely for generating electricity and energy, rather our next step would be expanding use of this technology for purposes other than energy and fuel production so that foodstuff, proteins and vegetables are preserved for a longer time and with a higher quality through radiation," Soltani said, according to Fars.

higher quality through radiation

www.haaretz.com...

Somewhat contradictory-Iran have gad reactors for years I thought,if thats what they meant by "nuclear club."

MMMmmm,irratiated iranian vegatables indeed!!

Is it really worth risking an all out assault on your people for the sake of a few days of extra shelf life for fuit and veg?

what a lame excuse...even "we are joining the nuclear club because the dog ate our homework" would have been more acceptable.

Strange they use the words "Nuclear Club" though,for many folks use that term to describe those countries who have nuclear weapons,including the council on foriegn relations:

www.cfr.org...

[edit on 13/4/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

my point being that even though, as you say, it is not fare to judge a people as a whole, sometimes a blanket assumption is appropriate in a situation where a large group of people come together and create a certain reality regardless of what the majority in that population are really doing. for example if i was a man of color, living in the south during the early 1800s i can assume safely that most southerners are racist, even though they probably werent, the realities that slaveholders create makes that blanket assumption safe for my own wellbeing. A jew in nazi germany could make the same safe assumption about germans during WW2, is it better for him to say well gee i know the bulk of germans arent for this so blanket assumptions are bad, lets go out and live a normal life today, if he did that he would likely be killed by the precident that a minority group in germany created. Today the same could be said about Iran an Syria, can i as an american or a white man really live and exist in those countries? should i take the moral high ground because it is politically correct, or should i make blanket assumptions. maybe i could move to terhain and have a good life, but even if it is only a 1 in a 100 chance ill be persecuted and attacked those odds might still be to much. thanks for the debate but i still think your living in the dark, back here in reality outside of the 1st world things can get very vicious, tread lightly

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeTTaLic_PhaNToM

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic

What if a low yield nuke were to go off in Damascus Syria?

Do you think the horrific aftermath and lesson learned would prevent Iran from using Nukes against Israel?

Israel could retaliate on every unfriendly border nation with strategically placed low yield (low fallout) nukes.

Mr Crazy Azz! There maybe in theory low yeild nukes with the hypothetical low fallout. To me this is just marketing tactics. No nuclear weapon has the so called low fallout principle.

I cant believe you think this is the case. I mean correct me if im wrong, but im quite confident your mistaken.

There is, they are known as tactical nukes.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
But, of course, we're all supposed to turn a blind eye towards Israel's destruction of the Palestinian people. We should nuke these assholes for Iran and get it over with. Middle East WITH Israel? Big problem. Middle east WITOUT Israel? NO problem!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

The Arabs are not fools - they know exactly who and what the Palestinians are.....

What's that then mate? Human beings?

Does a label you attach to a human being make him or her any less of a human being?

The facts are that Israel uses the terrible things that were perpetrated on the Jewish people for political capital, and have done for decades.

The irony is they have been steadily following the Nazi model used against the Jews, for almost 70 years.

The Nazi's used similar screwed up rhetoric to you.
'Less than us' or 'less than human' was the mantra and justification for wholesale slaughter then..and you are saying essentially the same thing regarding Palestinians, if only by insinuation..

Care to drop the veil and develop enough of a backbone to actually verbalise the filth you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That's a good point.

A potential factor in all of this hoo-ha regarding a nuclear Iran, is one i have not yet seen discussed.

Namely that of setting Iran up for a huge fall while ushering in the mad-hatter's biblical Armageddon.

Imagine just how EASY it would be, once Iran became nuclear capable, for a country...oh i don't know..say Israel or it's puppets in the US government, to set of a nuke in it's own country, to frame Iran for it, citing all of the rhetoric regarding the warnings that have been made over the last few years?

Very easily done.

And elements within both Israel and the US are crazy and pathetic enough to actually do it, if it means fulfilling biblical prophesy.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Is it really worth risking an all out assault on your people for the sake of a few days of extra shelf life for fuit and veg?

I hear you.

And while at first glance, outwardly it might seem a ridiculous notion, risking a lot of wrath for extra food preservation time, one has to keep in mind the conditions of the country in question.

Limited resources for most of the population mean sporadic energy supplies, which means sporadic refrigeration and preservation of essential foodstuffs.

In a very hot climate, food will spoil in a matter of minutes, not days.

So, as i say, while on the surface it may seem a pathetic thing to say, a few days extra shelf life for foodstuffs, will probably ultimately save a great many lives.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by spikey]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Mr Crazy Azz! There maybe in theory low yeild nukes with the hypothetical low fallout. To me this is just marketing tactics. No nuclear weapon has the so called low fallout principle.

You would be surprised how much they are far from reality and in their little world... From Pentagon papers I've read about an attack on Iran using bunker buster nukes, they said it was ``safe for civilians since it exploded underground``...

Nuclear weapons are safe everyone! The Pentagon just told me so! They even make you healthier!

So it wouldn't surprise me they use them when they attack Iran.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I once had an uncle who was having trouble with his neighbors, so he moved.

Not long after he moved into a new house, he began to have trouble with his new neighbors, so again he moved.

He then found a house close to other members of his family, move in and again had trouble with his neighbors.

Things seemed to be falling into a pattern.

One night, while out drinking with two of his brothers, he began to talk about how
just how tough and smart he was until a fight broke out.

It seems he was neither smart or tough. He ran his mouth until his brothers got mad and beat him to death.

His wife and childern now live in a much more peaceful life. Could it have been that he was the real cause of the troubles he always had with these neighbors.

I believe there could be a lesson here for a lot of people.

If you seem to have problems with everyone around you, maybe they are not the problem.

In a case like this it may be a good idea to sit down and shut up before someone solves the real cause of the problems.

Of course, another solution could be raised to settle the current problems in the middle-east. I am well aware that this is not an easily accepted proposition but, here it comes.

The entire remaining population of the Palestinian people should be assisted to move to another "agreed upon location". This would be done with the agreement for Isreal to set up well defined borders and provide for the defense of their own established nation. All other parties would then recognize this nation and agree to never enter into any type of conflict or conspiracy to commit any conflict upon them. Isreal would also be bound by the same agreement.

I would predict that this would last about twenty years tops. This country would soon begin to implode; the current leaders are so dependant upon having an enemy in order to justify their own existance, they would likely resort to killing one another to justify their staying in power.

With a little patience the land would once again be open for a more peaceful population.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by LurkerMan

Let's take a bunch of Jews, kick out some Arabs and Muslims and place them on stolen land. Well done Brits! Just like Afghanistan and Pakistan. The British have been wreaking havoc all over the world. Let them deal with this mess. Unfortunately the imperialistic US is following in their colonialistic footsteps.

Lets go all the way back to the beginning and not some PC crap from the last 60 years.

It was the ARABS who invaded and kicked out the Jews from their nation. The U.N. gave part of it back after WWII and Israel took the rest AFTER THEY WERE ATTACKED BY THE ARABS AGAIN. Quit being so IGNORANT and read some ancient history books that the scum sucking NWO did not write for you.

Ask yourselves WHY almost ALL of the ancient sites in Israel are JEWISH.

Rome ruled over the JEWISH NATION OF ISRAEL THE WHOLE TIME Rome was in power, now how can that be it is ran and occupied by Arabs. It cant because it was and is JEWISH LAND.

You people make me sick, Your nothing but ignorant anti-Semites. Where were you when Hammas,PLO and Hesbola were blowing up innocent people on a daily basis in Israel? Were you out of diapers yet? Israel has constantly been under attack by Arabs so they can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Sky watcher]

Um...ancient history you say??? Well, I'm glad that you brought that up. Also, before I DELVE into that, no one here is Anti-Semetic, and if they are...they don't represent me or my beliefs.

Israel has been murdering Palestinians years before Iran even became an issue. And, Iran only became an issue after the Iranian Revolution of 1979 when America was trying to STEAL Iranian oil through a puppet that WE set up. Not only were we acting in an imperialistic nature (as always) but, we didn't care whether their locals were able to provide for themselves while we were raping their land of their life blood and natural resource.

Now, since you're on a rant here... Why don't you take a good look at how they've (the Israelis) been treating Palestinians as of recently. They have concentration camps set up and have been killing women and children just like they were cockroaches. And as you accuse others of anti-antisemitism, it seems that you are anti-Arab, anti-muslim, and anti-social...if not just plain flat out sociopathic. It seems you have your beliefs and are willing to take a big crap on the opinions of others just because they do not agree with you. SHAMEFUL. The Israelis are a rampaging, Godless, murdering machine who takes their cues off of the leading murder machine (Gee...I wonder who I could be referring to???)

Now, lets talk about Israel and whether the land was theirs or not. First, before we get into that, lets revisit America in 1492. And let me tell you a story.

I'll explain this in easy layman's terms for you without using big words to over-complicate this.

In 1491 there were a bunch of peace loving people we call...Indians, who were on THEIR OWN LAND. Then, a bunch of war mongering, confused, and sexually repressed people came over and KILLED THEM. Hence, making America a new place for stupid, warmongering rednecks who came from overseas to escape other stupid, warmongering, rednecks. Once this happened, the country was taken over and claimed by those backwoods monsters that we tend to call...the British. Therefore, despite the fact that this country was NEVER owned by these moronic rednecks, they took it over anyway and currently, we call it the U.S.A.

Well, lets revisit the holy land for a second. The Jews were hanging out at that time, not doing much other than occupying a land that was never OWNED by them. A guy named Saladin (a muslim) came along with his armies (the same way the dumb rednecks came over from England to America) and kicked the living crap out of the Jews and occupied the land. Well, whether we like it or not, that was the same form of Imperialism that won America over from the Indians and put it in the hands of "The dumb rednecks." But, you know what's hilarious??? After the dumb rednecks killed enough of the Indians and almost wiped them out, they got bored with peace and tranquility and started killing each other. (Witch hunts, Revolutionary and Civil Wars...etc)
en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, the Muslims won the holy land over the same way that America was taken from the Indians. Israel would have never won it back if it were not for allying with their big brothers (Great Britain, America) who always wipes their butts for them when things get too tough for them to handle.

So...you're the one that needs to read history. That land was won fair and square by the Muslims and was systematically taken from them by Western forces. If not for the help that was spoon fed to the Israelis, they would still be nomads running around with their thumbs stuck in their mouths like babies complaining that they've been treated "Unfair." Oooops...nothing has changed there.
en.wikipedia.org...

Nonetheless...I apologize for the overall tone of this post. However, I hate it when people yell about reading history, when, they themselves have no idea to which they speak.

Regardless...much love to everyone on this thread...

EvolvedMinistry

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by godless
But, of course, we're all supposed to turn a blind eye towards Israel's destruction of the Palestinian people. We should nuke these assholes for Iran and get it over with. Middle East WITH Israel? Big problem. Middle east WITOUT Israel? NO problem!

Well done

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a second....

The Jews were exterminated by the Nazis, then no sooner had that ended they were dumped in the Middle East and the very next day were attacked from all sides by their neighbors. Is it any wonder they're a little bit psycho?

So what do we do? A UN Security Council that actually worked would be a good start...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot

Bullsh*t!

Where did all you Jew haters come from?

Israel should do whatever they deem necessary to ensure that "NEVER AGAIN!" means what it says.

Quit being such an anti-semite. Nowhere in any of the posts previous to yours was there mention of any slant towards jews. This discussion is about I$rael

Jews != Israel

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Nobody in the history of the world has done more for peace than Israel.. You can flame all you like but its true...

Israel is a nation state... You may not agree with that but its still true.. Israel has a right to protect itself... Which it has...

You may not agree with that, you may have quarrels about it.. But the fact remains that the Jewish state of Israel is a country with its own infrastructure and defense...

I was part of that defense as an IDF infantryman... Like many of my brothers and sisters before me... And we have produced the worlds best in terms of military forces.... I was British Army too... Who are the very best whether you like it or not...

Truth is, that we do not want war... Who does??.. Crazy.... But am more prepared than anyone else....

I long for the day I can get a Starbucks with my Iranian friends.... Our leaders may have other ideas.... Do you think they will have their way??

Coz if you do, then you do not know Israelis....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'd also like to take this opportunity to PREEMPTIVELY counter a "sure to be said" argument that "Ahmadinejad threatened to wipe Israel off of the map"

That story is disinformation.

See for yourself in the unedited interview from 60 Minutes

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Nobody in the history of the world has done more for peace than Israel.. You can flame all you like but its true...

No need for flaming
But please give examples
I'm anxious to hear them
Thx in advance!

Israel has a right to protect itself... Which it has...

Continuous never-ending offense is NOT protecting itself
Creating an open air prison imprisoning people in their own land is NOT protection!

And we have produced the worlds best in terms of military forces....

The world's best military force needs an apartheid on hungry blockaded starving people to deal with them?
Sheesshhhh

Truth is, that we do not want war... Who does??..

does the israeli govt. want peace?
Illegal ever-expanding illegal settlements is not for peace
it's only prolonging tension
don't be delusional

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Iran should be allowed to have nuclear weapons if countries like Israel/India/Pakistan/US/Russia/China have them... In fact, Iran would be insane not to have them because from a defense standpoint it acts as a deterrent against rogue states (like the US) invading them, e.g. the Iraq invasion.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have followed your posts with interest just to find you to be an exemplary ATS member even though I had high hopes for you....

Truth is... If you have no real experience of the area then all you have is hearsay.. And then that hearsay will be filtered by your own politics....

On the unreported ground however you have no clue.. And until you have been there then all you are is a clanging symbol and wind.....

The REAL Israeli DOES NOT WANT WAR.... But we are MORE than prepared for those who want to extinguish the very breath of our children..
Do you want to stop our kids breathing and thinking???

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I noticed you did absolutley nothing to answer his post and the questions he raised. You just deflected his VALID questions with accusations of him wanting little Israeli babies to die. Do you want Palestinian babies to die? Do you support the way the Palestinian people are treated? How about Iran? Do you think their babies should die because of bad politics between Israel and Iran?

You say you have "on the ground" knowledge, if that is true, then share it. Convince us of why Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and the Palestinian people are bad. Convince why Israel's constant aggression to it's neighbours is justified.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Dude...... Truth is.. That NO Israeli wants war... It does not matter where you come from or country... Babies are babies.. OUR future... Who would want to destroy THAT???...

I have Iranian friends, Palestinian friends... Why would I in all good mind want to kill them??? Why???

You people have been soo conned by outsiders..... The divisions come from YOU!!!!!

I know you dont like that but its true..

YOU DIVIDE US... How about not doing that huh??

And our "leaders" keep to that program for money... WHY????

As a soldier myself I have found it hard to hate my enemy... The REAL enemy however was the guys who would make me take another humans life.... And I have done that many times on British Army OPs and IDF..

I have been a sheep but NO MORE!!

I would gladly die for a Palestinian before acting at the will of the NWO... I mean that.... Same for anyone..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join