It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD as HELL and I am not going to take it anymore!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I can't even begin to describe how much I HATE these pathetic anger rants from yanks on this site.

It makes me sick to my stomach.. physically nauseous

How about get up and off your arse and actually make real legitimate steps in correcting what you find annoying. Instead of RANTING on ATS like a sickening patriot that probably pleasures himself to his yanky doodle flag and colours.

Get up off your fat American arse and do something about it. "I'm not going to take it anymore" Boo hoo hoo whinge whine you sad sack.

See that rectangular hole in the wall? It's called a door. Do you have two feet and a heartbeat? Then walk out that door and move into the real world and put a stop to your anger.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the time comes when people must stay away and dodge from the redicule that the media portrays critical thinking americans as.

we need to all come forth and show the world and the media that being a patriotic critical thinking american isnt a crime. there needs to be a new network where people can come together and prove their standing. s&f!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
OK may I suggest a new solution to the dispute? I think this would be the only fair and democratic way to solve this problem. Everyone who wants to live in America the way it was set up to be run and by the original laws that were ment to be instilled and the way it was designed to be govern should stay. If any other person has any objections to any of the above they can go support any other nation that is willing to accept them. No more fighting, screaming, bickering, just flip the clock back to how the country was run when it was founded. And don't say ahh it's a different period of time now so we need all these "extra" bogus rules and regulations. Because no quite honestly we don't. It couldn't be any simpler than that...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It is no secret that the far Left, hate the Military. This much is a fact.
We see it everyday, on this web site alone.

Let's talk about who hates the military. The last decade has taught us that a republican government will send soldiers to die for foreign oil, so that party contributors can profit.

If the soldier isn't dead yet, they'll make sure he doesn't have armoured vehicles to ride in, proper body armour or live ammunition.

If he still isn't dead, he will be left on the battlefield by accident, be fired on by his own or get electrocuted in the shower.

If he still isn't dead, he'll eat contaminated food, drink contaminated water or get electrocuted in the shower.

Now that's hate!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

OK, so where have you been for the last decade, angry man? All this Big Gov crap didn't just start yesterday, ya know?

If you think you can do somthing about it at this late date, I kinda doubt it. Most people just don't care. Most are content to watch "Dancing with the Stars" or sports or play the latest video game or fiddle with the latest electronic whiz-bang.

May as well scrap the anger and learn to lick the boots of your NWO masters. Time for waking up has long ago past.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
reply to post by Muckster

A RANT? I guess if you deem my statements as a RANT; then so be it. As for proof of this I would refer you to the videos below from MSM outlets.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

And the list goes ON and ON. If you will point at them saying that they are statements by the DHS, you would be correct but, if you understand how a propaganda war is waged; these are the tactics used to embed the ideas of the report into the minds of those watching. This type of propaganda warfare has been used sense the creation of Mass media. They are using the DHS as the fall guy in these reports, while still being able to make their statements as to Vets being Extremists.

They realize that the majority of the populace will not differentiate between the statements of the DHS and the MSM's mission to deliver the msg they seek.

Lastly I will bring up the recent reports by the MSM stating that the militia personnel arrested in the latest raids by the FBI, were trained by former military personnel; two of them being former soldiers themselves.

I rest my case.

MolecularPHD

Whoa whoa whoa... now wait a second. You complain about a propaganda campaign by the mainstream media, then you post youtube links to Fox News, of all outlets, to illustrate your point. However, to me it seems that that VERY SAME mainstream media you just linked to was not only sympathetic to your views but actually SENSATIONALIZED the issue into something bigger than it potentially is. So the propaganda I see is turning this into a huge issue by taking it out of context and getting ALL veterans riled up, when clearly the report is worried about a small minority of veterans and the very real desires and actions by right-wing hate groups to seize on this minority and use them for combat training.

Now don't get me wrong, this would probably cause my suspicion and irritation if I was a veteran. And when Bush Co. came out with their own DHS reports claiming that left-wing activists (namely eco-"terrorists") were the new biggest threat, I was pretty pissed off and felt like the administration was playing political games and demonizing eco-activists in a Green Scare similar to the anti-communist Red Scare. So I know where you're coming from, and I don't totally disagree.

However, if you read the actual report that the pundits in these videos keep making presumptions on, it's not nearly as damning as the talking heads make it out to be. For yours and everyone else's use/research, here is the 9-page report entitled "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment"-

www.docstoc.com...

Here is a quote from page specifically addressing disgruntled veterans-

(U) Disgruntled Military Veterans

(U//FOUO) DHS/I&A assesses that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.

— (U) After Operation Desert Shield/Storm in 1990-1991, some returning military veterans—including Timothy McVeigh—joined or associated with rightwing extremist groups.

— (U) A prominent civil rights organization reported in 2006 that “large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the [U.S.] armed forces.”

— (U//LES) The FBI noted in a 2008 report on the white supremacist movement that some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups.

Notice the text I bolded. I think it'd be silly of any of us to deny that a small number of veterans are coming back and joining up with violent right-wing extremist groups. Just as it would be silly to deny that a small number of environmentalists decide to engage in violence for their own causes. I do not personally see this as an attack on all or even most veterans. Is the report haphazard? Possible but not likely. Is it a slippery slope? Possible but speculative at best right now. The reigning history of this and every other country has been a celebration and trumping up of the military and its actions, whether for right or wrong (usually for national morale boosting and/or war propaganda). I think the military is one of the least-threatened groups by the powers that be, at least as a whole. Now individual soldiers and veterans... usually they're f*cked over when they come back. And even speaking as an Anarchist (proud left-wing radical
) I can say that's unacceptable to send young farm boys off to die for the government and then screw them out of their dues when they arrive home. I may have my qualms with the government, the military, or war in general, but it's just plain wrong when veterans are cast out and jipped. They have some of the highest homelessness and alcoholism rates of most groups, it's not pretty when a nation-state uses up its cogs in the war-machine and spits em out like they're not human. The whole thing is a big ugly mess IMHO. But I digress! (as usual).

We must be rational and deny ignorance. So MolecularPHD, I'm denying your (and Fox News pundits') ignorance of what the report actually states, however, I do not deny many of your grievances and feelings of alienation. Seems like the only winners in this country are the rich elites, and we're all left to bicker and fight amongst ourselves, falsely divided between right and left, coke and pepsi, sports team vs. sports team. Ultimately though, we in the poor/working underclass have more in common than not.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'll sign up to be a soldier when I see a threat against my family.

Since the only threat is the governments of the world, whats a guy to do?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

Forgive me but I’m a bit lost... could you give some examples of ex-service personnel being treated in this way? Or how being a proud American is a crime??

There are always two side to any argument but at the moment this sounds just like a rant... and a little simplistic...No offence intended... just want a little more depth!

I think what our brother is saying (molephd, forgive me if I'm wrong) is not so much that they are being dragged from their homes in chains or the common man on the street screaming for their heads (Viet Vets?). It is the MSM, Pelosi, Napolitano (dont care about her spelling), and the Extremest report sent by whatever state it was saying that vets are likely to be terrorists ext.

www.washingtontimes.com...

As we all know, if the sheeple are told BS enough, the stupid ones will believe it.

If anyone can tell me the name of the state sponsored "extremist" memo sent to various police forces, I'd appreciate it. My mind has vacated.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
This is one of the most idiotic, leftist, apologetic, illogical rants I have seen in quite some time.

Yes it was wrong, what many did to Native Americans centuries ago. But no it does not mean this is their land. Those same tribes went to war with other tribes and slaughtered their people and took their land. War for land is as old as mankind. Always has happened, and will long after we are long gone. There are very very very few areas on earth where the indigenous people still own and control the land.

Your arguments are a prime example of the liberal touchy feely drivel that is coming out of many universities these days. Try thinking in addition to just feeling and applying guilt to those you perceive to have committed wrongs.

I think you need to brush up on your anthropology. The nature, structure, and behavior of tribes and nation-states (our civilization) are FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT from one another. The frequency, brutality, extermination, scale, and ritual of warfare in most tribal societies was totally different from the very mechanized, resource/conquest-based, and extremely large-scale/brutal warfare as waged by modern civilization (since its dawn 10,000 years ago).

Sure, tribes weren't any nobler by genetics as you or I, they are the same species and harbor the same general needs, capabilities, feelings, and desires as we do. However, humans are also EXTREMELY cultural/social creatures. This means that much of our behavior (besides the basics of eat/sleep/pee/screw) has a cultural filter on it and is directed thusly. Sure some tribes were brutal at some times, certainly people kill(ed) each other, but the level of warfare, strife, and extermination/conquest was WAYYYYY lower than that of our civilization. It was mostly symbolic, serving ritualistic purpose or social/superstitious necessity. Most tribal warfare didn't even cause many or ANY casualties! You may find that backwards... but they didn't commit genocide, impose authoritarianism, or invent and USE the nuclear bomb. Once again, we are all the same species, BUT living in a different culture/society. And though it may suck, people can't choose the society they're born into, it's random.

And yes, the settlers/conquerers of this land committed genocide, unfairly stole the land/resources, destroyed the peoples of an entire continent within merely a couple centuries, and all for WHAT?? Wal-marts, McDonalds, and suburbia?? It's disgusting. We've broken so many treaties with the remaining Native American descendants that upholding them has become the exception. I was just speaking about alcoholism/poverty being high amongst veterans... well that ain't NOTHING compared to Natives. They have the highest rates of alcoholism and poverty. "We" screwed them over bigtime and this country will forever have blood on its hands for that. We weep over September 11th (which was a tragedy to be sure), but does anybody take a moment of silence for the millions who were killed on this continent? Hardly anybody does, and it's extremely enraging to me that people act as if it was okay, that it was a fair game all set up and we won it fair and square and got the prize of America, as if it's a f*cking game of monopoly (kind of is actually...).

The bottom line is- nation-states have a long and consistent history of oppressing and destroying people and the things people value in life. Didn't matter whether they were white, black, asian, Native American, Aboriginal, Celtic, foreign, domestic, male, female, child, adult, poor, rich (sometimes), or even other species, this civilization is a machine with no driver, and it has very quickly gobbled up humanity and the planet into a hive of homogeneous and voracious consumption of resources, and ceaseless conquest in order to secure more of those resources. War never changes.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Funny I was just about to make a thread about the Military bashers. I think it is absolutly crazy that people act this way toward us. We would risk our own lives protecting their freedom and people are ungrateful. Even if this is an unjust war, our oath that we took said nothing about us choosing who we are sent to fight. But the reality is once you are in Iraq or Afghanistan IT IS REAL. Once that first RPG, IED, or round flies it is ON!!! You no longer care about why you are over there all you care about is protecting your brothers and yourself and killing that wuss that is hiding amongst the civilian population. I think it is funny that so many people bash on the military and war but have not yet expierienced it first hand. That is kind of like writing a movie review without seeing the movie. Anyway you get a star and a flag my friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I agree with you but I don't remember hearing that all soldiers are bad people. What most of us are pissed about is how the government had covered it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's okay to be angry and mad as hell, and full of all kinds of crazy swirling emotion.
Everybody hits their wall or bottom at different times over different things.

Youre feeling something, you dont like it, and that's it !

Just make sure you dont become numb, and unfeeling, and have no interest at all, that's when you know youre in a dangerous place,
because the next and last thing that will leave you will be compassion,
and as you can see here in some of the posted replies,
that is a sure indication youve been hollowed out with nothing more to offer than nothing at all or anger.

You'll be alright, youve been through more than youre giving yourself credit for.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
When did being a proud American become a Crime? When did the defense of our Constitution and Bill of Rights become a Crime? When did being a former Soldier become a Crime in this country? When did upholding the Oath you took to defend your country from enemies both foreign and domestic become a crime? When did Americans decide we the former soldiers of this great country of ours are criminals?

The 1960s.

What, did you only now just realize it?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffdogg

Not trying to take you off your soap box mate but to correct you when you said

This great country of ours

Maybe it was a long time ago I dont know your age and when you have been in school, But we stole this land from the Native Americans "Indians" When we landed here we slaughtered 1,000's of Indians. This is not our land this is belongs to the people whose descendant's were killed by our descendants, its funny hearing UK people talk about how stupid americans are when they are too ignorant to understand we came from the same place they live, We're not true americans.. Dont people ever pick up a book these days or are they just too busy trying to make up silly rants such as the OP trying to get attention for the big "S&F" contest.. S&F is noting more then an ignorant popularity contest and should be taken away from every website. Maybe then these pathetic begs for attention and "i'm tired of this crap" "and this and that" "wah wah wah" " Q Q"

AMERICA WAS NEVER OURS IT BELONGS TO THE INDIANS AND ALWAYS WILL STOP TALKING US LIKE WE ARE GREAT WHEN WE ARE NOTHING MORE THEN THIEVES....

And TBH you seem a bit brain washed by the gov if you think they are supposed to be so great I dont have any clue what your doing on a conspiracy site. TBH IMO its a bit hypocritical.. Good day and plz get the facts straight before you post threads such as this...

It might be from page 1 but using the savage noble routine "American Indians" is getting very old. Im supposing if you lived pre colonial england you would be screaming ITS NOT THE INDIANS LAND ITS THE MAMMOTHS!!!!

Please name me the land that wasnt at some point inhabited by some other life form please. I can hear all the micro organisms right now screaming ALL YOU MULTICELL ORGANISMS STOLE OUR LAND!!!!

Patriotism is looked on as being a thing of the past nowadays its sad..... that is until the next Stalin comes knocking at your door. Even then there will be those who embrace it as the new enlightenment .

America can be brought back and its guys like the OP that I wouldnt think twice about standing by his side.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Funny I was just about to make a thread about the Military bashers. I think it is absolutly crazy that people act this way toward us. We would risk our own lives protecting their freedom and people are ungrateful. Even if this is an unjust war, our oath that we took said nothing about us choosing who we are sent to fight. But the reality is once you are in Iraq or Afghanistan IT IS REAL. Once that first RPG, IED, or round flies it is ON!!! You no longer care about why you are over there all you care about is protecting your brothers and yourself and killing that wuss that is hiding amongst the civilian population. I think it is funny that so many people bash on the military and war but have not yet expierienced it first hand. That is kind of like writing a movie review without seeing the movie. Anyway you get a star and a flag my friend.

I think that's exactly it! The purpose of the military is not to question orders, or even interpret the constitution. Sure, recruits to the military swear to uphold the constitution, but do they really know it? Are they really taught what that means or is it a symbolic reminder of what you're fighting for? If it's a reminder then HOW THE HELL did we get so far from defending the constitution and instead engage in stealing the freedoms, lives, and resources of others around the world?

The problem with the military is- they take a lot of well-meaning people (though some aren't), young impressionable soldiers, and they throw them into a situation of utmost survival and battle where they have NO CHOICE but to fight or die. This is like a human chemical reaction they can spray a little of "here" on the globe and a little over "there", wherever they need people to fight blindly they can send the troops, and no matter what the cause/reason for the war or even the actions carried out during, the troops will still HAVE to follow training and orders otherwise they risk injury, death, or punishment. It's seriously a sick system and the only way it's justifiable is because that's how the world works right now. But take a step back and you can see the insanity of it and the manipulation of one group of farm boys to go kill another group of farm boys so that the powers that be get their way... whether or not it helps the citizenry back home. Can you really blame people for calling out such a system that does these things?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

You have to remember its the military bashers who honestly think that we have no need for a military. They are under the delusion that if America were to fall there would be some world utopia. If we would just lay down our arms we would get a giant cosmic group hug. Or that we need to pay a price for our "misdeeds according to them" in blood. Just not from their families that is.

That price is being paid everyday and not by them. Im not sure why people cant understand that.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

From one to another, I agree. I am not sure if the feeling that all members of the military are militia wackos-in-waiting is shared by all Americans but it sure does seem to be pervasive in the press lately.

I get fired up at those ill informed Americans who think the ones who are the protectors are the threat themselves. The truth is they are so ignorant of the world beyond our borders, they cannot even imagine a threat exists.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SiKFury

Agreed. Democracy and Freedom are not natural end states for human endeavor. Quite the opposite. I believe the degree to which we have separated ourselves from tyranny and injustice is testament to effort made for the rights of Americans. Those who do not see this assume the world owes them everything automatically.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow this thread sure attracted a lot of idiots/trolls giving the OP a hard time. Seems to be a concerted effort to try and ridicule anyone who voices thier dissatisfaction to unconstitutional/unlawful mandates, government theft, and oppression.

Would love to meet some of these little tofu loving commie weenies FTF who spout the crap they do here so boldly behind hundreds of miles of cable/cord just to laugh at how pathetic they are to thier face!

[edit on 12-4-2010 by hawkiye]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join