It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD as HELL and I am not going to take it anymore!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If anyone disputes the OP's take on how the military is treated by this radical administration, I might remind you these people in power now are the very same people who demonstrated against and spit on our troops when they came back from Vietnam.

Do you really think they've changed all that much?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
When did being a proud American become a Crime? When did the defense of our Constitution and Bill of Rights become a Crime? When did being a former Soldier become a Crime in this country? When did upholding the Oath you took to defend your country from enemies both foreign and domestic become a crime? When did Americans decide we the former soldiers of this great country of ours are criminals IE (terrorists/extremists)?

Holy hyperbole, batman.

Pretty sure people aren't being arrested for any of those things. If you mean to say that everyone doesn't agree with your view of the world, and America's role in it, you're probably right.

Not everyone is going to share the same views. That's to be expected.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree with what you say OP (well, mostly, take out all the army stuff, and replace it with "everybody" cos we're all getting screwed left right and center)

I'm glad you're angry, anger is a good emotion when used properly. We need more angry people like you in this world. People who are pissed off with the blatent wrongs that pretty much all goverments force upon their people. It's high time we all stood up and became fully noncompliant.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffdogg
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Not trying to take you off your soap box mate but to correct you when you said

This great country of ours

Maybe it was a long time ago I dont know your age and when you have been in school, But we stole this land from the Native Americans "Indians" When we landed here we slaughtered 1,000's of Indians. This is not our land this is belongs to the people whose descendant's were killed by our descendants, its funny hearing UK people talk about how stupid americans are when they are too ignorant to understand we came from the same place they live, We're not true americans.. Dont people ever pick up a book these days or are they just too busy trying to make up silly rants such as the OP trying to get attention for the big "S&F" contest.. S&F is noting more then an ignorant popularity contest and should be taken away from every website. Maybe then these pathetic begs for attention and "i'm tired of this crap" "and this and that" "wah wah wah" " Q Q"

AMERICA WAS NEVER OURS IT BELONGS TO THE INDIANS AND ALWAYS WILL STOP TALKING US LIKE WE ARE GREAT WHEN WE ARE NOTHING MORE THEN THIEVES....

And TBH you seem a bit brain washed by the gov if you think they are supposed to be so great I dont have any clue what your doing on a conspiracy site. TBH IMO its a bit hypocritical.. Good day and plz get the facts straight before you post threads such as this...

This is one of the most idiotic, leftist, apologetic, illogical rants I have seen in quite some time.

Yes it was wrong, what many did to Native Americans centuries ago. But no it does not mean this is their land. Those same tribes went to war with other tribes and slaughtered their people and took their land. War for land is as old as mankind. Always has happened, and will long after we are long gone. There are very very very few areas on earth where the indigenous people still own and control the land.

Your arguments are a prime example of the liberal touchy feely drivel that is coming out of many universities these days. Try thinking in addition to just feeling and applying guilt to those you perceive to have committed wrongs.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree 100% our Veterans and Service Men and Woman Deserver FAR FAR better then what they are given .In my opinion when you lash out against someone who has put there lives on the line for this country ,you should be put on a boat and shipped to a country with no military .No coast Guard to come save you if your boat sinks ,no national guard to give you living quarters and food when your house is destroyed by national disaster and above all else no millitary to protect you from Religous nuts who would nuke you and every one you know just because you dont believe there story of the universe .The time is now to stand by our troops to SCREAM TO THE HEAVENS I AM AN AMERICAN AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF IT .If you do not like it leave ,dont stand there and give your little speach just leave and go find somewhere better ....Thoose by the way who treat our soldiers with disrespect ,who go and protest dead soldiers funerals ,you are the worst most lowest forms of garbage alive ...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When did being a proud American become a Crime?

When you were fooled into thinking that breaking the law makes you a proud American.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by Angus123

The op is correct. It is very clear that the left in this nation work very dilligently to discredit the military, as well as those that support it(when it serves them) When it doesnt, they send our troops to war without the support that they need.

I seem to recall soldiers families having to buy flack jackets for them because there weren't enough to go around. And there weren't enough up-armored Humvees either... but that was under a different administration. An administration that was nowhere near the left. An administration that put us in hock to the Chinese from now until doomsday while they gave 7 tax cuts to the top 2% of Americans while starting 2 wars based on flat out lies.

What's clear is that the right will parrot whatever crap they hear on Fox News because thinking is for those filthy elites.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've had many discussions with people about the military and the consensus among people (not riddled with cognitive disorders) is that soldiers are just following orders. No one is blaming them directly. Are we to blame bank tellers for the sins of the banks?

The recruiters hang out in front of schools and in low income neighborhoods. Most of the people joining are just looking for some college money or to support a family or just because they don't know where else to go.

They are told they are upholding the American dream and protecting this fine nation when in reality they are the foot soldiers for the banking and corporate interests.

Still, as long as military personnel keep doing their job, the corporate oligarchy will always remain in power.

K

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Savage Khan
I've had many discussions with people about the military and the consensus among people (not riddled with cognitive disorders) is that soldiers are just following orders. No one is blaming them directly. Are we to blame bank tellers for the sins of the banks?

The recruiters hang out in front of schools and in low income neighborhoods. Most of the people joining are just looking for some college money or to support a family or just because they don't know where else to go.

They are told they are upholding the American dream and protecting this fine nation when in reality they are the foot soldiers for the banking and corporate interests.

Still, as long as military personnel keep doing their job, the corporate oligarchy will always remain in power.

K

And to make matters worse, the media has brainwashed people into thinking any negative comment about the wars begun by the corporate oligarchy means the person hates the troops.

I think that's really what the OP is fired up about, but it's not anything with a basis in reality, and he should take comfort in that. When people don't agree with what's going on in the middle east, it's not a direct attack on him.

I think everyone would agree soldiers are brave and for the most part decent people, but that doesn't mean everywhere they get sent, and all the orders they're given, are justified.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by monetaryprotest

You hit the nail right on with this statement. I really do believe that if every American who wanted a change would make the effort to withdraw ALL their cash from their banks and no longer use any type of plastic whatsoever and cash only, the big boys would start feeling it rather quickly and I don't think that they would me much, if anything, that they could do. This would most likely also be a "peaceful" start to a possible R word. When there's no more money coming in to fill the politicians' pockets, maybe the concerns and well being of the citizens would become a priority again.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree with the OP here entirely. This is a feeling that has been growing for years, even among military personnel. My father was a Marine in Vietnam. He towed the line for YEARS. Even when I was little we would argue because he still believed the government was always right, this is the best country in the world, and you do not question orders and/or official statements.

Needless to say, we have had MANY fights over the years. Even when I was small I never bought the idea that I should blindly bow to anyone. Strangely enough, over the last few years I am happy to say that Dad has finally come around.

He's told me a few things that happened in Vietnam that he wanted no part of but had to do. There was a few beer driven breakdowns where he actually cried and said he was ashamed of some of the things this country was responsible for. And over the last 5-8 years especially, he has become completely void of his former "the government is always right" theory. He sounds more like me now lol. He pretty much doesn't believe 90% of the MSM, questions why we REALLY are in military involvement throughout the world, and has even gone so far as to tell me he is glad I never joined the military and that I saw through the BS even when I was small.

The man has become fed up with the country he served and risked his life for.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
Wow. How many times have threads like this appeared on ATS?

MAD as HELL and I am not going to take it anymore!

But we all know .. that you are going to take it so why pretend that you are not?

We are all going to take it because, whilst there is a choice, we are all too chickensh#t to do anything about it.

So just lie down little man and let the big man roger you (that little man is all of us).

bro he ganked that line from a movie like the others (which is pretty sad)

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Jeffdogg]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Let's push this idea and publicize. See which one of us gets bumped off first.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Ever hear the quote from Bush. Something like "Democrats are just over-educated Republicans." hahaha. Not trying to incite a left/right war because I'm not on either side, but that was hilarious.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
how many mad people does it take for true action?

but i do think soldiers should be held responsible after all they represent all of us.
what are other countries people going to think of americans, they will see us by our foreign interaction over there.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Listened to ABC or CNN lately?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

If in breaking the law; you mean defending this nation from the tyrannical rule from Big International Banks and Corporations; who deem myself and my fellow former service men a threat to their reign over this country?

Then by all means label me a Criminal!

I took an oath to protect this nation from those that seek to destroy the freedoms given to us by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. They have perpetrated a clear act of WAR against the Constitution (signing of Non Constitutional Laws, or simply ignoring the Constitution altogether) They have perpetrated acts of WAR against the citizens of this nation through the funding of criminal cartels IE (IRS, and the UN in which the President has committed acts of treason against this very nation that he has sworn to defend) both of which are foreign organizations funded by your tax dollars. They have taken away your Right to freedom , they have taken away your ability to support your family, they are taking away your ability to keep them safe from harm, they are attacking all of your rights as a real-human being making you into a Corporation in which they control and can do as they wish with you and yours, these perpetration or acts of WAR as I call them are all being done under the guise of keeping you and yours safe. Safe from whom I ask? Terrorists?, Extremists?, naw I say they are keeping themselves safe from US; so they can continue their fleecing of this once FREE nation.

Have we all forgotten what it was like to be able to walk the streets of this land or travel freely in the pursuit of happiness without being accosted by those that have sworn to protect us. Have we all forgotten why this country was founded to begin with? What will it take for the Free Citizens of this nation to make a stand against those apposed to Freedom?, those opposed to the Constitution?, those opposed to the Bill of Rights? We are allowing the True Criminals to run this nation of ours; we are allowing the True Criminals to Indoctrinate our children in their drivel, we are allowing the True Criminals that seek to destroy everything that this country once stood for run amok with your freedom in the balance.

WHEN WILL YOU MAKE A STAND?

Maybe when it is too late, and the battle is won.

Respectfully

MolecularPHD

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
reply to post by Muckster

Listened to ABC or CNN lately?

No, and I feel much better for it. They try to fill your mind with garbage. It's like cholesterol for your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

Calm down bro.

10 bucks says you will "take it"

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Redneck from Hell]

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well said my friend and millions are feeling the same as you. There is a great awakening going on I just hope it's not to little too late!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join